Roosevelt and Coleman

Roosevelt is injured so anyone picking him up would have to see something that they would be willing to wait for.

If Roosevelt was injured, Bills could not cut him outright, but placed on injured/waived list.

Good point, there. Bad roll for Naaman.

What about Coleman though? I thought he played well.

I thought Coleman should have been kept over Moats, I was really shocked by that...I know people love Moats for some reason, but Coleman looks far more consistent and strong at that position. I think what really killed Coleman was the rise of Eddins. He has looked really good from day 1.

Those still saying "keep Coleman over Kelsay" must not have been watching the last 6 games of the season last year, or all of the pre-season this year. Kelsay never played OLB until last year, and he has been playing down right good as of late. He deserves to the starter, mixing time with Carrington. Those still claiming he is "awful", are still sticking to some weird emotional hate for him regardless of his play.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

If Roosevelt was injured, Bills could not cut him outright, but placed on injured/waived list.

Yes and no. Roosevelt had a sore ankle and was close to returning. If he was really injured, yes he couldnt be released. But the injury and ankle still may preclude him from signing with a team for the first game on their active roster if they cannot work him out, couldnt see film on him the last few weeks and wouldn't be able to play. If he was really highly regarded, sure a team might sign him, but off his limited play last year, I doubt that is the case.

I thought Coleman should have been kept over Moats, I was really shocked by that...I know people love Moats for some reason, but Coleman looks far more consistent and strong at that position. I think what really killed Coleman was the rise of Eddins. He has looked really good from day 1.

Those still saying "keep Coleman over Kelsay" must not have been watching the last 6 games of the season last year, or all of the pre-season this year. Kelsay never played OLB until last year, and he has been playing down right good as of late. He deserves to the starter, mixing time with Carrington. Those still claiming he is "awful", are still sticking to some weird emotional hate for him regardless of his play.

Agree with all of this. I was surprised Coleman didn't beat out Moats - although Moats certainly was looking like a player during the season last year.

As for Kelsay, I have to assume there were a lot of people who turned off their TV's after 0-6 or so last year (and who can blame them?). Some have chimed in that Kelsay only succeeded when he switched back to a 4-3 DE but I've been rewatching last year's games and that's just not true - he was improving as an OLB too.

Watch the preseason games this year and it's clear Kelsay's got OLB figured out now and is playing very well. I've never been one of his defenders before, but if he carries his play this August into the regular season people will stop complaining in a hurry.

Edited by BobChalmers

Agree with all of this. I was surprised Coleman didn't beat out Moats - although Moats certainly was looking like a player during the season last year.

As for Kelsay, I have to assume there were a lot of people who turned off their TV's after 0-6 or so last year (and who can blame them?). Some have chimed in that Kelsay only succeeded when he switched back to a 4-3 DE but I've been rewatching last year's games and that's just not true - he was improving as an OLB too.

Watch the preseason games this year and it's clear Kelsay's got OLB figured out now and is playing very well. I've never been one of his defenders before, but if he carries his play this August into the regular season people will stop complaining in a hurry.

Coleman is slower and that's why Moats stuck. Moats can rush the passer and fill in at ILB. Not a headscratcher.

As long as opposing teams don't try any reverses or play-action fakes, Kelsay should be fine.

As long as opposing teams don't try any reverses or play-action fakes, Kelsay should be fine.

IIRC correctly, teams ran two reverses against our starters in preseason. Both of them were snuffed out for losses or very small gains. On one of them Kelsay was caught inside, but there were two other Bills there to make the play. I think Barnett, and then Davis closed fast and made the tackle. On both of them I commented to the guys I was watching the game with that last year, that would have went for 25 yards before anyone touched him.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

IIRC correctly, teams ran two reverses against our starters in preseason. Both of them were snuffed out for losses or very small gains. On one of them Kelsay was caught inside, but there were two other Bills there to make the play. I think Barnett, and then Davis closed fast and made the tackle. On both of them I commented to the guys I was watching the game with that last year, that would have went for 25 yards before anyone touched him.

The play Kelsay made against the Bears on that reverse were correct: he HAS to read that down block and react accordingly. He did exactly as he was supposed to do. It's on the MLBs to read that play and beat the man to the edge. And like you said, last year that play goes for big yardage. Barnett is just better in pursuit than anyone we had last year.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes and no. Roosevelt had a sore ankle and was close to returning. If he was really injured, yes he couldnt be released. But the injury and ankle still may preclude him from signing with a team for the first game on their active roster if they cannot work him out, couldnt see film on him the last few weeks and wouldn't be able to play. If he was really highly regarded, sure a team might sign him, but off his limited play last year, I doubt that is the case.

Sign em Monday and the salary is not garaunteed- correct?

Roosevelt has posted on Twitter that (essentially) he's still injured.