Brian Waters

BeastMode54

via Jason Lacanforna.

No idea why we haven't been ALL OVER this guy. Would be a HUGE upgrade at guard if even for just one year. Our O Line is a joke and an embarassment. Gurode visited the Pats too. Why we aren't at least bringer O lIne guys in for a look is beyond me. We're gonna get another Cornell Green type

The Pats bring in and have brought in virtually every decent veteran that has been released in the last month or so. I have read of well over a dozen of them. They just do that as a matter of policy, and they can afford to, because most veterans would like to play for that franchise right now with a chance to win the SB. They don't sign hardly any of them.

The Pats bring in and have brought in virtually every decent veteran that has been released in the last month or so. I have read of well over a dozen of them. They just do that as a matter of policy, and they can afford to, because most veterans would like to play for a franchise right now with a chance to win the SB. They don't sign hardly any of them.

Exactly... why do people find this so hard to understand.

Most of these veterans have already made their money at this point, and are looking to finish their careers with a team with a chance to win the Super Bowl this year.

The Pats bring in and have brought in virtually every decent veteran that has been released in the last month or so. I have read of well over a dozen of them. They just do that as a matter of policy, and they can afford to, because most veterans would like to play for that franchise right now with a chance to win the SB. They don't sign hardly any of them.

Well, they're about to sign this one.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6929918/new-england-patriots-sign-brian-waters-source-says

via Jason Lacanforna.

No idea why we haven't been ALL OVER this guy. Would be a HUGE upgrade at guard if even for just one year. Our O Line is a joke and an embarassment. Gurode visited the Pats too. Why we aren't at least bringer O lIne guys in for a look is beyond me. We're gonna get another Cornell Green type

One might think his OC in KC, chan (who likes "his guys") either

A) tried but found out he wanted to go to a winner

Or

B) didn't think as highly of him as you do

The guy is 34 years old and has nothing left in the tank. He didn't get cut by KC because he was awesome.

Bills fans have the fascination with picking up guys who were great at one time but are completely used up. How does sigining a guy that's got 1 year left in him help us? We aren't contending for the SB this year so one year players don't help us. Much better to let the young guys develop.

The guy is 34 years old and has nothing left in the tank. He didn't get cut by KC because he was awesome.

Bills fans have the fascination with picking up guys who were great at one time but are completely used up. How does sigining a guy that's got 1 year left in him help us? We aren't contending for the SB this year so one year players don't help us. Much better to let the young guys develop.

The flip side (and I'm not saying waters is that guy) being that if you have a link weak enough to disrupt both the running and passing game on the line.... You are stunting 10 guys growth in order to put 1 guy to the test. If fitz gets killed or we can't run the ball it honestly even effects the defense.

Last year, Kyle Williams absolutely crushed his opponent across from him in his game against the chefs. I was really enjoying his dominance because the announcers said he was a probowler last year, I'm pretty sure it was Waters.

I'm confident that Williams can man-handle just about any guard in the league. Especially with Dareus next to him

Yes, Mike - quite clearly the Bills have a proven record of making much smarter personnel decisions than NE*, as has been proven over the last decade! If Belicheat* thinks a 34 y.o. 5X Pro Bowl guard is going to help them* out one bit - even if only for one season - the guy* is obviously way dumber than Buddy Nix.

Unlike Bill*, Buddy knows that deveoping the young guys is the key - and adding an experienced, proven, veteran, All Pro guard and locker room leader to bolster our very weak and shakey o-line, help develop our younger linemen, and protect our only competent QB is no way to run a front office or build a winning franchise. Better to let the young players develop, even if it means forcing them to develop all by themselves.

BTW, just which young players are we talking about?

(Have you seen the depth chart at RG? We got Kraig Urbik, and we got...um...Kraig Urbik, and we got...um...uh...)

Edited by The Senator

via Jason Lacanforna.

Easy, they won't play for cheap

Nix also wants some of that Luck Kool Aid. I know I do! The more the line is fixed the further we are from getting him.

Nah, Andy's not Buddy's type. Even though it seems half of TSW would like to, I really don't think Nix wants to sleep with Andrew Luck. I'm pretty sure Nix has seen enough of Stanford QBs to last him, well, forever.

He and Haley never liked each other. When Haley was named coach, he asked some of the Cardinals vets what they thought of him. He demanded a trade shortly thereafter, which, of course, Pioli wouldn't do.

He was the best run blocker on the team that led the NFL in rushing last year, and gave up less than 1 sack.

Regardless of the "leaving on good terms" stuff coming out of KC, it was a matter of time. I do agree that it was probably a mutual decision.

Brian Waters playing on one foot is better than Urbik on 2.

Of course, "we're not going to Super Bowl" war chant that's been going on since 2001 got old years ago.

It would be great to bring him in for a year or two to help groom a nice prospect, unfortunately, outside of maybe Hairston, we don't have a prospect waiting in the wings to groom.

and outside of Hairston, I don't know who these young guys are that you want to develop.

Edited by CookieG