Available O-linemen a.k.a. guys I've heard of.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Capers was released today. Have Waters and Stinchcomb reached the end of the road? Or are they waiting on contenders?

Brian Waters-G

Selvish Capers-OT

Jon Stinchcomb-OT

From all I've heard locally, stinch is done.

Add Jordan Black to that list too

Thursday was one of the worst games I've seen from a player, that player being Jordan black

I'd be nervous if they went into the season with only the players they have now. I wonder if they will pick up a center or another cornerback. But then some others have to be cut.

Those two areas are my biggest worry me as well. If the defensive front 7 can put pressure on the QB, especially the line, that will help take care of the DBs. I don't know how the O-line can be helped at this point. Hopefully the starters gel and stay healthy. I'm sure they'll pick up someone's cut(s), but there's a reason these folks are on the street.

Why should we be surprized, it's pretty clear with the Hangartner cut, they're more interested in salary dump than actually assembling some form of a competent line. You would think even though he was 2.5m/yr they would keep a guy who gave them some insurance and experience. I guess Ralph can buy some more artwork or something. I doubt they are going to go out and overpay for some tackle now.

Andre Gurode formerly of the Cowboys could be had if the Bills come up with a good offer (Which they won't). Gurode likely will sign with the Pats* or Bears as both have shown interest. But if Buffalo could blow him out of the water with a good 1 or 2 year offer I think that there would be an outside chance.

Other then that Waters and Stinchcomb are the only options out there. I would take Stinchcomb even with his injury and age (Hey if they are still available they have to have warts). Waters I would only take if he was to take a backup role.

Waters made the Pro-Bowl, again, last year. The Chiefs had a hell of a rushing attack. I don't think you can go wrong, and if you are crying to get Brown back...just dump Waters and get him. It is not like teams are lining up for Brown.

Stinch is still relatively young. I don't think we would lose by picking him up.

It is unfashionable to want FA's that you have heard of, and it is fashionable to complain about the one's you haven't. How do you win that argument? On second thought, I don't give a !@#$. I have heard of those guys because they were good football players in the NFL. I'd take my chances.

Why should we be surprized, it's pretty clear with the Hangartner cut, they're more interested in salary dump than actually assembling some form of a competent line. You would think even though he was 2.5m/yr they would keep a guy who gave them some insurance and experience. I guess Ralph can buy some more artwork or something. I doubt they are going to go out and overpay for some tackle now.

The Salary Dump Doomsday Soothsayers were predicting we would cut McGee and Bryan Scott. We did not. Some of the "Salary Dump" extremists were even saying we'd cut Freddy and Fitz. Of all their predictions, just about the only cut the SDDS's got right was Hangartner. Their unsuccessful record of prognistications pretty much disproves the Salary Dump theory.

Look at how much we're paying for inside linebackers - even for the second-string. And the Bills, for another example, kept Martin even though he's a more expensive backup WR than Roosevelt who got cut. Gailey kept the guys he felt could help the team.

Having said all that, I have to admit I'm a little puzzled by Hangartner's release. The Bills are thin on the OL, especially at Center, and Geoff's better than nothing.

Here is one that the Viks just cut was decent a couple of years ago, not sure if it is a injury/salary dump or they have new depth.

http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/ryan-cook/fc47e835-e9ec-4a9f-9965-d519a2beda1d/

Don't know about Cook but hey any chance Jills could pick up that calendar cover girl on the right? (hit refresh if she's not there.)

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The Salary Dump Doomsday Soothsayers were predicting we would cut McGee and Bryan Scott. We did not. Some of the "Salary Dump" extremists were even saying we'd cut Freddy and Fitz. Of all their predictions, just about the only cut the SDDS's got right was Hangartner. Their unsuccessful record of prognistications pretty much disproves the Salary Dump theory.

Look at how much we're paying for inside linebackers - even for the second-string. And the Bills, for another example, kept Martin even though he's a more expensive backup WR than Roosevelt who got cut. Gailey kept the guys he felt could help the team.

Having said all that, I have to admit I'm a little puzzled by Hangartner's release. The Bills are thin on the OL, especially at Center, and Geoff's better than nothing.

I was going to say ... where are the sources behind the McGee is definitel getting cut at now?

This board has been screaming about Corner for more than a year ... but now we are thin at corner? Hang is a smart player but he was constantly shoved right back to the quarterback by nose tackles. It's pretty clear that Gailey didn't feel he was what the team needed so he releases a veteran who did not produce in this systerm to allow for some young players to play. Are we thin on the line for back-ups ... sure but I am guessing at least half the league has problems with their O-Line including some contenders.