Jack Del Rio -- well done

I didn't see this elsewhere. Touching article by Bucky Gleason about a very decent thing to do by Jack Del Rio when he visited Buffalo last week. Classy move, Mr. Del Rio.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/bucky-gleason/article537562.ece

when i read that yesterday, i obviously was impressed by DelRio, that was a classy move, something that the NFL seems to be sorely lacking. it is all about "me", the money , etc, for the NFL. it sure would be nice to return to the game i grew up with and have since watched turn into a greedy monstrosity.

I was wondering where Allen Wilson had been. That sucks, I wonder why no one had heard about that, I wonder if that's the first it was reported. Del Rio is the man, that's awesome.

jerry sullivan basically broke the story in his chat last week, but it was rumored for a bit. i think wilson is a straight shooter, critical, yet fair, always informative.

I was wondering where Allen Wilson had been. That sucks, I wonder why no one had heard about that, I wonder if that's the first it was reported. Del Rio is the man, that's awesome.

Murph and Kelso talked about it during the game the other night. That was the first I heard of it.

Good find! Classy move. Get well, Allen.

Thanks for posting. Del Rio always sort of rubbed me the wrong way until I read this. Classy move. I have a whole new opinion of him.

Same here. Now I feel bad he's gonna lose his job when the Jags don't make the playoffs this year, per Owner mandate..

It must make you very proud about what you've done during your career when you're getting all of those unspecified visitors that Bucky mentioned. A big :thumbsup: to Del Rio and to each of those other visitors and best wishes to Wilson.

Same here. Now I feel bad he's gonna lose his job when the Jags don't make the playoffs this year, per Owner mandate..

Del Rio needs a team with a good owner. It's sad to see what happens to coaches when they land in situations where the owners are awful. And a quick and speedy recovery for Allen. God Bless.

Edited by RyanC883

I think Del Rio is a class act and from this looks like a guy that cares. He didnt seem to really know Wilson that well but to go out of his way to do this speaks volumes!

i thought about that , but the bills have played jacksonville almost every year for a while now and i am quite sure DelRio faced the press numerous times with allen in attendance. the fact he took the time when he became aware of the situation says a lot. like others on here, i thought DelRio was kind of a jerk, but i guess we are only able to form opinions based on what we see on sundays . but it is heartwarming , to say the least ,to hear about this.

Edited by dwight in philly

It has been quietly discussed for awhile now ... what a truly class act Jack Del Rio is ... on the sidelines he is all about passion and winning but now we know in life he is the same way.

Allen's name is on my little church's prayer list here in New Jersey even though no one knows who Allen Wilson is and I hope that each of you make sure your church members are praying for him too.

Dang, I didn't realize Allen Wilson was ill...back in 2008 I sat next to him on a flight from Boston the Monday after a Bills-Cheatriettes* game...huge bear of a guy that took up all of his seat - and a lot of mine B-) - on that small commuter jet, so couldn't help striking up a conversation with him...he was a pretty preoccupied with (the late) Tom Borelli's situation at the time so didn't talk all that much, but he's a super nice guy.

Get well, Allen. Godspeed.