arthur moats

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dream, Kelsay gets traded to the packers, then all the Kelsay haters wake up to find the company they work for has relocated to Wisconsin.

I have a dream where Kelsay suddenly is able to change direction.

I don't hate the guy - but it's ridiculous that he's keeping young talented players off of the roster.

IF it comes down to how many linebackers to keep, the fact that Moats can play both inside and outside could work in his favor.

My gut is that it'll come down to Moats or Coleman.

I really want both to succeed and become stars and I certainly respect the excellent college career that Coleman had at Auburn but meaningless preseason sacks aside, I think it may come down to him or Moats and Moats has greater positional flexibility.

They ruined his career by moving him to ILB.

He was a 4-3 edge rusher in college. He was good at dipping and coming around the edge. He doesn't really fit their current scheme so they just decided to roll the dice and try something new.

It's over for him now. Too bad, I thought he had some potential. If he had been in a 4-3 system and they had him bulk up a bit, I think he would have had a better chance.

Don't get me wrong, though - he was still always going to be a longshot anywhere he went and the Bills couldn't really be expected to build their whole defense around him.

They ruined his career by moving him to ILB.

He was a 4-3 edge rusher in college. He was good at dipping and coming around the edge. He doesn't really fit their current scheme so they just decided to roll the dice and try something new.

It's over for him now. Too bad, I thought he had some potential. If he had been in a 4-3 system and they had him bulk up a bit, I think he would have had a better chance.

Don't get me wrong, though - he was still always going to be a longshot anywhere he went and the Bills couldn't really be expected to build their whole defense around him.

It's not a death sentence if he gets cut. I would be very surprised if he didn't sign somewhere fast. That said, I hope he stays.

i, like many here, really like this kid and think he has a lot of potential. unlike many here, i thought the idea of him moving to the ilb position was not a horrible idea simply because it would conceivably put another playmaker on the field. but last i heard he was 2nd team ilb, and now the team has added kirk morrison to the mix. is moats injured right now and in danger of missing signifigant time? are they moving him back outside? are they just trying out as many combos as possible to find the best mix? if anyone has any insight, i'd be much appreciative.

We wont see him again until he gets back to the outside.

The move to the inside makes no sense to me at all. Inside we have Barnett, Davis, Morrison(formerly torbor), Shpperad, White, and now Moats. how many ILBs do we need?

Outside we have: Merriman (big time injury risk factor should be considered with him), Batten, and Coleman, then you have Carrington and Kelsay who are really in more of a DE role but are listed as OLBs on the roster.

That gives us 5 ILBs, 5 OLBs (really two are DEs), and Moats. We could either have 6 ILBs or 6 OLBs. I dont think depth is a good reason to move him inside.

Considering Moats was good enough to start over Coleman LAST SEASON, I have a hard time believing he wouldnt be better than him this season too. My numbers say we have 3 true 34 OLBs on the roster, and Moats is what, 5th or 6th on the depth chart at ILB? wtf? Not to mention he has played much better outside than in when given the change.

i, like many here, really like this kid and think he has a lot of potential. unlike many here, i thought the idea of him moving to the ilb position was not a horrible idea simply because it would conceivably put another playmaker on the field. but last i heard he was 2nd team ilb, and now the team has added kirk morrison to the mix. is moats injured right now and in danger of missing signifigant time? are they moving him back outside? are they just trying out as many combos as possible to find the best mix? if anyone has any insight, i'd be much appreciative.

The problem for Moats, is that the Bills have better options on the outside (Batten, Coleman, Carrington,...) so he simply doesn't have a spot there. They moved him inside because we had very little depth there. He would at least have a chance to secure some playing time.

I know Moats is very popular, but he was a DE in college and has struggled to play NFL LB IMO, inside or outside. He showed some ability as a pass rusher, but really seemed to struggle with the other aspects of playing LB. He will make the team and get a year of being a backup to try and learn the position.

I like the Morrison signing, we all know injuries happen and having experienced depth is a plus.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

+1, another late round guy who made a few plays and he becomes bigger than his actual talent level.

If they cut him he will end up on the patsies or Jest and blow up D Bell 5 times in our two games for sacks lol.

The problem for Moats, is that the Bills have better options on the outside (Batten, Coleman, Carrington,...) so he simply doesn't have a spot there. They moved him inside because we had very little depth there. He would at least have a chance to secure some playing time.

As I stated above in my other post, I dont think that is a credible reason when you look at who we have on the roster.

If they cut him he will end up on the patsies or Jest and blow up D Bell 5 times in our two games for sacks lol.

As I stated above in my other post, I dont think that is a credible reason when you look at who we have on the roster.

you could also look at who we had, which did not include morrison or barnett when the switch was made

Moats currently holds the Buffalo Message Board title for Most Overrated Bill. As an OLB he has shown zero ability to set an edge, and becomes a huge liability against the run. His only value is as a 3rd and long pass rusher - he is not a three down LB in his current state (Batten has outplayed him in this role as well).

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he winds up getting cut.

Everyone's welcome to their opinion. But if he's behind Merriman, Kelsey, Carrington, Batten, and Coleman on the roster at OLB (which he was), then he would be a likely guy to be cut. The coaching staff moved him to ILB to try and find a spot for him to contribute on the team.

I know people like Moats, including myself, but Batten and Coleman have played better than Moats at OLB. We needed help at ILB, so it was worth seeing what Moats could do there.

Saying guys "don't count" on the OLB roster because they are basically DE's is a little ridiculous. There is not much of a difference between the strong side 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE. They often play right on the line as a DE would, which is why Kelsey and Carrington will be filling that job...

Edited by Turbosrrgood