arthur moats

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best of the Bills position coaches is Bob Sanders, who coaches Linebackers. The DC is George Edwards, who was a linebackers coach. Dave Wannestadt was brought in and has a title of ILB coach amongst his other duties.

To be honest, I'm trusting them over you as to which position Arthur Moats should play.

you could also look at who we had, which did not include morrison or barnett when the switch was made

yes, but they havent moved him back either.

Saying guys "don't count" on the OLB roster because they are basically DE's is a little ridiculous. There is not much of a difference between the strong side 3-4 OLB and a 4-3 DE. They often play right on the line as a DE would, which is why Kelsey and Carrington will be filling that job...

I didnt mean they dont count at all. I mean we have two seperate and distinct OLB roles. One is Merriman/Batten which is a prototypical 34 OLB role, the other is the Kelsay/Carrington role which is really like a 4-3 DE from what I have seen.

If Merriman and Batten go down, we only have Coleman at th one OLB position. Its not like Kelsay is going to play in that role(I suppose Carrington might, but then we only have kelsay in the other role, so we are short there). Considering we have shown that we are OK with pulling Kelsay/Carrington out and going with Merriman and Batten both(or Coleman) at the ends on passing downs, that is not a lot of depth (only 3 players when it will not be a rare thing to have 2 on the field at once)

Or conversly, if say Kelsay goes down, are we expecting Carrington to play every snap? My guess is we would shift to a more conventional 34, and thus need more conventional 34 OLBs (which moats could be)

Besides, how come we need more depth at ILB and not OLB? We have 5 guys at each position already (actually, we have 6 at ILB because I forgot to count Hicks in my original count). The "we need depth at ILB" excuse for moving him doesnt make sense.

Edited by Thoner7

The best of the Bills position coaches is Bob Sanders, who coaches Linebackers. The DC is George Edwards, who was a linebackers coach. Dave Wannestadt was brought in and has a title of ILB coach amongst his other duties.

To be honest, I'm trusting them over you as to which position Arthur Moats should play.

When it's put that way... it actually makes a lot more sense. :)

I like Coleman quite a bit as a project but the reality is he's hardly ready to contribute right now past special teams. Moats imo has shown more pass rush ability so far and I'd be a bit surprised to see him cut for Coleman. Moats also has all that college experience lining up with his hand in the dirt, which we love to do with our OLBs.

As for the move to the inside, I thought it made sense before Morrison was signed. Who was the first ILB off the bench in case of injury to Barnett or Davis? Torbor? It's easy to see why they gave Wanny a crack at molding Moats into an ILB. But the signing of Morrison should have immediately kicked Arthur back outside.

Just the opinions I've pieced together, could be wrong

Edited by Big Bad Boone

That is some of the most sense i have ever seen on these forums