For the first time in a while...

N. Suh and the Lions were in Brady's schitt and messed up his game good. Even in preseason they showed that a strong pass rush is the most effective defense against the Pats*. And now we have a front seven that might have what it takes to make Marcia cry.

PTR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

N. Suh and the Lions were in Brady's schitt and messed up his game good. Even in preseason they showed that a strong pass rush is the most effective defense against the Pats*. And now we have a front seven that might have what it takes to make Marcia cry.

PTR

The Bills get two shots every year. Which way is the gun pointed?

Maybe the Bills will sign Suh by Sept 25!!!

With all due respect (sincerely PTR), we aren't beating the Patriots this year. There's a talent gap, a coaching gap and equally as important, there's a psychological edge. Even if we do stay competitive with them, rest assured they will keep their cool and we will flub it and the result will be a familiar one.

Granted, nothing is impossible but I can't make sense of predicting a win over New England, given the state of the two franchises.

The first thing I pictured in my mind when they picked Dareus to join Williams was a pass rush up the middle to finally fluster Brady. That would be so sweet... almost as sweet as stopping the run for the first time this century.

With all due respect (sincerely PTR), we aren't beating the Patriots this year. There's a talent gap, a coaching gap and equally as important, there's a psychological edge. Even if we do stay competitive with them, rest assured they will keep their cool and we will flub it and the result will be a familiar one.

Granted, nothing is impossible but I can't make sense of predicting a win over New England, given the state of the two franchises.

I'll give you the talent gap, but i'm not convinced about the psychological edge. Maybe if at all it would be for a guy like Kelsay who has been a part of it for so many years, but there is a lot of new blood on the team. These guys are also world class athletes. You don't get to the top by not having confidence or a bit of a swagger. I think the psychological aspect is more fan related than anything.

Brady in shotgun, spread offense, quick passing game that the Pats have mastered would put a stop to that.

The only time I see Brady get really rattled is with elite defensive schemes. The Jets overloading or perhaps the Ravens. We are not there yet.

I wouldn't say the lions have an "elite" defensive scheme, and they rattled brady pretty well. They just have some really strong players up front, which we have as well. The williams and dareus combo should be really great.

On another note, I am pretty worried about this week. If the lions defense was able to tear apart the pats*, I really hope they don't make lunch meat out of our offense and we leave with an injury or two. I know we played well against the jags, and I know our oline stood up to suh pretty well in regular season last year, but after that pats* game, I am a little worried.

We have come close to beating them a couple times as a worse team, so I wouldn't say it is imposible. I would just say we aren't favored to win either game.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Correction:

we aren't beating the Patriots

we will rightly be underdogs for both games against the Patriots

You probably would have bet against them in the opener a couple years ago, when we were one McKelvin fumble away from the upset.

We are a much inferior team, and I think even our dream 10-6 season would likely have 2 losses to the Pats this year.

BUT, when we finally beat them again, it is very likely to be a lucky well played day well ahead of when we are the better team, so to act like it is impossible is really misunderstanding how the NFL works. Cleveland beat them badly last year, and these things happen.

So I will be fully expecting them to pull off the upset each time we play them this year, but I will not turn in my Bills Fan membership card if we lose each one.

It would be foolish to guarantee something like this until the bills actually show what they can do in regular season.....BUT WE ARE BIULT TO BEAT THE PATS

- Big nasty get after you defense with a strong pass rush

- Offense biult for quick 3 step and fire throws

Now.....each and every year I worry about our DB's because of Tom Brady.....we just have to keep him off the field with long sustained drives and TD's at the end......

I'll remind you that we were one terrible McKelvin fumble away from beating the Patriots two years ago on their home field. This was with Jauron as HC and half the talent on the roster that we currently have.

They can be beat but they're not going to lie down and let us win.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

1) I don't think we've seen our real defensive gameplan yet.

2) I think anyone lacking the mental fortitude is being replaced on this team.

My point was we finally have the players that could put pressure on Brady. Teams that do that beat New England.

PTR

PTR

Marcia* definitely doesn't like it rough...I still remember the 2006 game when she* saw London Fletcher and Chris Kelsay bearing down on her* on 3rd & 10 at the Bills own 20 and, seeing no open receivers, elected to just sit down on the turf and take a voluntary sack! (Unfortunately, freakin' Kelsay dove into her* anyway, giving NE* the automatic first down.)

The Bills will beat up on the Patsies* this season - twice - and *Marcia's gonna cry just looking up and seeing Williams, Dareus, and Merriman ready to thump her*. It might be the first time you see and NFL player penalized just for glaring at her*...

'Emotional Roughing'

'Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs was flagged for emotionally roughing Patriots quarterback Tom Brady yesterday after a hit left the star quarterback feeling upset and unloved.

“I didn’t care for that! I didn’t care for that one bit!” snapped Brady, stomping his foot as he pulled himself up off the ground. Moments later, official Tom Winter threw a flag, penalizing Suggs and the Ravens for an infraction never before called in organized football.

“The new rules in place make our job very clear as officials,” said Winter, explaining his call. “We are to protect the quarterback, especially star quarterbacks, and especially this star quarterback...

Brady says Winter made the right call.

“I don’t think people understand how hard it is to be me. I’m coming back from a knee injury, my team is struggling, I have one child out of wedlock, another child on the way, very high-maintenance dogs to take care of, I’m expected to look stylish all the time and I have the stress of physically satisfying a woman millions of men around the world would love a shot at. And then when someone tackles me, well …” he said, tearing up. “It can be very, very hard, okay? It can be very hard on my psyche.”

Suggs said he had no intention of emotionally harming Brady, only sacking him and maybe creating a turnover...

(Link - Brady* Draws 'Emotionally Roughing' The Passer Penalty)

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)