How about that Evans

Sanners

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the bills move the ball tonight and get into the endzone a few times in the first half. if for nothing else that maybe it will make some of you losers and babies finally stfu about losing evans and move on with your miserable lives. hahah so funny that some of you act like you need the suicide hotline anytime something bad happens to the bills.

i hope the bills move the ball tonight and get into the endzone a few times in the first half. if for nothing else that maybe it will make some of you losers and babies finally stfu about losing evans and move on with your miserable lives. hahah so funny that some of you act like you need the suicide hotline anytime something bad happens to the bills.

nice call. :thumbsup:

Ok. I know this topic has been beaten like a dozen eggs during a Martha Stewart marathon but I just watched the replay of the Balt game and don't understand the love for Evans in this game.

Evans Stats:

3 receptions for 60 yards and a TD

over 1 year that's 48 receptions and 960 yards.

I watched every play in this game and don't understand the Evans love. It's nothing more than what he's done here over the years. His TD was 35 of his 60 yards and to be honest it wasn't that spectacular. Hall pretty much stayed right with him. He didn't bother to look back for the ball at all. I'd like to point out that a good veteran DB would have had more than a possible shot to deflect that pass.

All I saw Lee do in this game is 1 deep route that was a perfectly thrown ball by Flacco and a few slant routes that went nowhere. The love for him on this board is expected I mist say nut to say he's "tearing it up in Baltimore" is exagerrated by both everyone on this board and by The announcers of the game. I haven't seen so much ball licking on anyone since last year with Tom Brady.

I didn't want to comment on this topic until I watched the game and I just don't see what some of you see. After seeing what Moss went for last year and knthe past, what OchoCinco went for this year we got market value for an aging reciever that wouldn't be here after his contract was up. We DO have a lot of depth at WR in the young guys in Jones, Easley (I'd like to add played just as well or better than Evans last night), Roosevelt, Nelson and don't forget we have Johnson and Parrish (who I feel might also be cut or traded, scould me now). I don't believe were better without him but don't think the dropoff will be that far and it gives us a chance to get younger and see what these young kids have. So far we know Nelson runs in the middle and does very well with it, Roosevelt has insane hands and good route running and Easley showed last night he might be WR that we all hope he can be, experience and confidence will only make him better.

Anyway, I'm done now. Have fun fluffing Evans all year if you like but he didn't show me anything he hasn't done here in the last few years. I think he will be better in Baltimore but I think career year everyone is expecting is a bit of a reach.

Edited by mrags

Ok. I know this topic has been beaten like a dozen eggs during a Martha Stewart marathon but I just watched the replay of the Balt game and don't understand the love for Evans in this game.

Evans Stats:

In 4 quarters of play this preseason, he has 6 catches for 128 yards and 1 TD.

over 1 year that's 96 catches for 2048 yards and 16 TDs, at 21+ yards a catch. That would arguably be the greatest season of all time for a WR.

Stats don't tell the whole story, and often not even half the story. But since you brought it up... Just sayin'.

In 4 quarters of play this preseason, he has 6 catches for 128 yards and 1 TD.

over 1 year that's 96 catches for 2048 yards and 16 TDs, at 21+ yards a catch. That would arguably be the greatest season of all time for a WR.

Stats don't tell the whole story, and often not even half the story. But since you brought it up... Just sayin'.

ktfo

Evans Stats:

I watched every play in this game and don't understand the Evans love. It's nothing more than what he's done here over the years. His TD was 35 of his 60 yards and to be honest it wasn't that spectacular. Hall pretty much stayed right with him. He didn't bother to look back for the ball at all. I'd like to point out that a good veteran DB would have had more than a possible shot to deflect that pass.

All I saw Lee do in this game is 1 deep route that was a perfectly thrown ball by Flacco and a few slant routes that went nowhere. The love for him on this board is expected I mist say nut to say he's "tearing it up in Baltimore" is exagerrated by both everyone on this board and by The announcers of the game. I haven't seen so much ball licking on anyone since last year with Tom Brady.

I didn't want to comment on this topic until I watched the game and I just don't see what some of you see. After seeing what Moss went for last year and knthe past, what OchoCinco went for this year we got market value for an aging reciever that wouldn't be here after his contract was up. We DO have a lot of depth at WR in the young guys in Jones, Easley (I'd like to add played just as well or better than Evans last night), Roosevelt, Nelson and don't forget we have Johnson and Parrish (who I feel might also be cut or traded, scould me now). I don't believe were better without him but don't think the dropoff will be that far and it gives us a chance to get younger and see what these young kids have. So far we know Nelson runs in the middle and does very well with it, Roosevelt has insane hands and good route running and Easley showed last night he might be WR that we all hope he can be, experience and confidence will only make him better.

Anyway, I'm done now. Have fun fluffing Evans all year if you like but he didn't show me anything he hasn't done here in the last few years. I think he will be better in Baltimore but I think career year everyone is expecting is a bit of a reach.

now if you are going to extrapolate, id assume he plays in the second half for most regular season games which puts it at 100 catches for 2000 yards and 32 tds.

Im not even pretending to imply thats realistic but to do what you did with preseason stats is clearly oversimplified. and your analysis of his HALF of play was way less credit than he deserves.

Evans Stats:

I watched every play in this game and don't understand the Evans love. It's nothing more than what he's done here over the years. His TD was 35 of his 60 yards and to be honest it wasn't that spectacular. Hall pretty much stayed right with him. He didn't bother to look back for the ball at all. I'd like to point out that a good veteran DB would have had more than a possible shot to deflect that pass. All I saw Lee do in this game is 1 deep route that was a perfectly thrown ball by Flacco and a few slant routes that went nowhere. The love for him on this board is expected I mist say nut to say he's "tearing it up in Baltimore" is exagerrated by both everyone on this board and by The announcers of the game. I haven't seen so much ball licking on anyone since last year with Tom Brady.

BLANK STARE :unsure::unsure::unsure:

What else do you expect in a pre-season game from the #1B WR? On what is now a team stacked with weapons #1 RB- Rice, #1A WR- Boldin & Franchise QB-Flacco. Also you stated any veteran DB in the league? Um Huh?Isn't Hall a Veteran, who made the Pro-Bowl the past 2 yrs? Dude there is so much to pick apart with what you stated,I'll just focus on your question about the "love" for Evans. Its not so much the affection of the now departed WR but the dysfunction of an organization that has been in building mode for the past decade+, in a league where good management& cap space = playoffs eg, San Diego,Saint, Patriots & New England (west)- Chief's. The idea of tearing down a WR who's talents was respected by every defense in the league and replacing with an unknown quality (this isn't a farm team) is beyond absurd and bordering the ridiculous.But for a fan-base (some) to continue to drink the kool-aid of the OBD spin and continue to believe that Evans was the problem and not a by-product of an organization that refused to compliment his talents are foolish, to say the least. I know this fan base likes to hunker down at times to defend OBD but please take the blinders off.In the words of Bill Polian when asked about not signing key players during the SB days, " you don't build a winner by getting rid of your best players."

Best of luck Lee you are a class act and under appreciate by some. Good luck Stevie, I hope last year wasn't a fluke because once that ink dries on that extension your in the cross-hairs of some.