How about that Evans

Sanners

Damn! It was really more tongue in cheek than anything else.

Bottom line is, we can rehash the Evans trade for the entire 2011 season but it's kinda pointless.

I gotcha, but it's worth stating for the less experienced here that Sanners is one of the strong old timers on this board.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who needs that game changing ability, we got like every UDFA WR in the NFL lined up to replace him and now MARTIN!!! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I have been saying it for years...put Evans on a team with a REAL QB and this guy will be a stud...He has been in Balt 2 weeks and has been the best WR on the field for the Ravens in both preseason games despite no history with Flacco...

Buffalo, the place to go to waste careers, Bills don't seem to understand how to build around your talent

Who needs him he can only catch the deep ball...Just wait Stevie J hopefully last year wasn't because of him because the fanatics will be planning a lynch-mob after you once the ink dries on your extension. I can hear it now..."Defenses are over-playing him","he can't stretch the defense" :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

And the saga continues...

Agreed. Painful

Agree but I am happy for Lee. He was a class act the whole time on a joke of a team.

Means everything, John. We had this conversation in the shout box. Our offensive personnel is not conducive to the play that Flacco made to Evans. It's that simple.

I hope Lee goes to the playoffs and makes the Pro Bowl. That has no bearing on anything the Bills are doing anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

The offensive tackles we got on sale at Walmart would not allow enough time for a receiver to go deep is what you are saying?

I like Lee, but let's wait until the games count and where there is some defensive planning and strategy outside of running the base defense before finalizing the bronze for Canton.

This..AND.. Lee was never going to resign with us after this year. We were not going to the playoffs this year with or without Lee Evans, so they traded him for a 4th. Which is exactly what the Pats got for Moss. No one was going to give up more for a homerun threat who has one or 2 good games a year and disappears for the rest. Like it or not that's been Lee's reputation for the past 3 years.

Agree but I am happy for Lee. He was a class act the whole time on a joke of a team.

The offensive tackles we got on sale at Walmart would not allow enough time for a receiver to go deep is what you are saying?

Let's just say our 5 and 7 step drops will be cliffhangers until our Walmart Wall can show some consistency. The key will be to stay in manageable down/distance situations to keep a defense honest. We'll be able to take shots down field when we don't HAVE to take shots down field.

GO BILLS!!!

why do we continue to cry over spilled milk? lee was great as a bill and will always be appreciated for his time in buffalo but he is gone now and isn't coming back. that's it. period. can we at least try to move on????

Because it's one fleecing or bad decision after another! The Bills are 15-20 million under the cap and they trade away one of the games' best deep threats for a pick that will turn into a freakin safety or cornerback that gets cut in 2 years.

We should have "spilled milk" as the logo on our helmets, the Bills are that embarrassing of an organ-I-zation.

Edited by SteamRoller67

I dont suppose the fact that Lee would not do that on this team with this offensive scheme means anything at all here.......

I dont suppose we cant just be happy for a class act like Lee.....and tend to our own business?

LOL... i just love when I see this statement, SMH.The issue is as a coach (which I've been for years) Its hard to imagine how you don't incorporate a talent like that in your offensive plans? With that type of speed you use to your advantage...case in point, note the first couple of short passes to Lee set-up the deep ball. This notion of he only goes for the deep ball is BOLOGNA.

I dont suppose the fact that Lee would not do that on this team with this offensive scheme means anything at all here.......

I dont suppose we cant just be happy for a class act like Lee.....and tend to our own business?

Means everything, John. We had this conversation in the shout box. Our offensive personnel is not conducive to the play that Flacco made to Evans. It's that simple.

I hope Lee goes to the playoffs and makes the Pro Bowl. That has no bearing on anything the Bills are doing anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

What NFL offense doesn't utilize a deep threat WR on the roster? One that scores 17.7 points a game I guess.

Fitzgerald couldn't have thrown that pass to Evans? We don't have the personnel for fly pattern? That's crazy?

Because it's one fleecing or bad decision after another! The Bills are 15-20 million under the cap and they trade away one of the games' best deep threats for a pick that will turn into a freakin safety or cornerback that gets cut in 2 years.

We should have "spilled milk" as the logo on our helmets, the Bills are that embarassing of an organ-I-zation.

LOL! :D

What NFL offense doesn't utilize a deep threat WR on the roster? One that scores 17.7 points a game I guess.

Fitzgerald couldn't have thrown that pass to Evans? We don't have the personnel for fly pattern? That's crazy?

Though still early, it appears we may not have the personnel for a QB kneel either.

This..AND.. Lee was never going to resign with us after this year. We were not going to the playoffs this year with or without Lee Evans, so they traded him for a 4th. Which is exactly what the Pats got for Moss. No one was going to give up more for a homerun threat who has one or 2 good games a year and disappears for the rest. Like it or not that's been Lee's reputation for the past 3 years.

Didn't he have 2 years left?

If you think we have an OLine that is conducive to 5 and 7 step drops, I don't know what you've been watching.

And no, Fitz can't make that throw with ANY type of consistency whereas Flacco can air it out whenever he wants.

GO BILLS!!!

The whole argument about not having the personnel or scheme to utilize him is ridiculous.

By that logic, we should jettison every decent player on the team because we don't have good personnel or a good scheme. You need many pieces to the puzzle. If you have a decent piece, you don't throw it away.

If you think we have an OLine that is conducive to 5 and 7 step drops, I don't know what you've been watching.

And no, Fitz can't make that throw with ANY type of consistency whereas Flacco can air it out whenever he wants.

GO BILLS!!!

Now Fitzgerald can't even take a five step drop?? Watch a little closer.

The whole argument about not having the personnel or scheme to utilize him is ridiculous.

By that logic, we should jettison every decent player on the team because we don't have good personnel or a good scheme. You need many pieces to the puzzle. If you have a decent piece, you don't throw it away.

Why do YOU think Evans wasn't utilized like he should have been then? What could the reason POSSIBLY be with an offensive coach WELL KNOWN to adapt his schemes to his personnel. Please, tell me why Evans wasn't used like Baltimore is using him.

I'm not happy Evans is gone. Didn't like that they traded him at all. But he was wasted on our offense and I'm glad he'll at least have a chance to salvage something in his career. I'm sorry it couldn't have been in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

Let's see what happens when the season starts and he disappears in real coverages. Ability will look good in preseason, but I'm curious to see what happens when real blitzing and good corners get into the act.