Merriman out Saturday?

Dorkington

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/23/merriman-iffy-for-saturday/

LB Shawne Merriman missed practice on Tuesday as he’s being held out of work as a precaution. And those preventative steps might take him right through the weekend without him taking the field.

“Yeah it could,” said Gailey when asked if the measures they’re taking with Merriman could keep him out of Saturday’s preseason game against Jacksonville. “We’ll just have to see more toward the end of the week.”

I'm among many in taking careful steps with Shawne, as I think he's incredibly important for our team. But it seems that he started off strong, was in plenty of practices and then played the first game well, and now all of a sudden he's injured and being held out of pretty much everything.

I'm worried. :(

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/23/merriman-iffy-for-saturday/

I'm among many in taking careful steps with Shawne, as I think he's incredibly important for our team. But it seems that he started off strong, was in plenty of practices and then played the first game well, and now all of a sudden he's injured and being held out of pretty much everything.

I'm worried. :(

Who posted that Merriman should sit out every pre-season game since Chicago to save him for the real season? Now it's cause for worry? :blink:

PTR

I too am worried. I think this year will not be what we all expect out of Merriman. Granted when he plays I think he will be at the level he once was in the height of his career, however I just feel he will be injured and fighting injuries afte about week 3-5. It's unfortunate and I hope his injuries and aching body now is something completely different from past injuries and all this is just in case to make sure he enters the season healthy. Shawne defenately has a chip on his shoulder and I think his mind is there, it's his body that might he failing him at this point.

Please let me be wrong!!!!!

I might be too young to remember, but in Bruce Smiths last 5 years in Buffalo he sat out...practices and preseason games. If I recall the reason was because he was a proven starter...maybe Chan is doing the same thing?!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I too am worried. I think this year will not be what we all expect out of Merriman. Granted when he plays I think he will be at the level he once was in the height of his career, however I just feel he will be injured and fighting injuries afte about week 3-5. It's unfortunate and I hope his injuries and aching body now is something completely different from past injuries and all this is just in case to make sure he enters the season healthy. Shawne defenately has a chip on his shoulder and I think his mind is there, it's his body that might he failing him at this point.

Please let me be wrong!!!!!

I don't expect much at all. I keep telling people that he got all that QB pressure against one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. And he's going up against our sorry line in practice. Of course he's gonna dominate and look good. You Delirious Dreamers are just a gullible bunch. This is what i call SUCKERS. :nana:

I don't expect much at all. I keep telling people that he got all that QB pressure against one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. And he's going up against our sorry line in practice. Of course he's gonna dominate and look good. You Delirious Dreamers are just a gullible bunch. This is what i call SUCKERS. :nana:

You mean the line that gave up 1 sack in the game against the Giants in the Meadowlands? :w00t:

Edited by Doc

He practiced Monday. If he's still aching, sit him the rest of the pre-season.

Ah, if he practiced Monday and practices again this week, then maybe it's not so bad (every other practice? every other pre season game?).

Either way, I think a lot of our season rides on him... which scares the crap out of me.

You mean the line that gave up 1 sack in the game against the Giants in the Meadowlands? :w00t:

Yeah, but everyone knows the Giants' front seven is ten times worse than ours, right?

GO BILLS!!!

No the same line that ranked dead last in the NFL last year. The same line that allowed 56 sacks last year. THAT SAME LINE minus Olin who is now gone.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

THIS IS WHAT U CALL BEING "OWNED" :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Read my sig before u try to start something with me. I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.

Edited by DreReed83

Ah, if he practiced Monday and practices again this week, then maybe it's not so bad (every other practice? every other pre season game?).

Either way, I think a lot of our season rides on him... which scares the crap out of me.

It's not ideal and a lot (read: the pass rush, assuming Moats' move inside is permanent and no one else can put pressure on the QB) rides on him, but if he were seriously injured, they wouldn't have had him practice on Monday.

No the same line that ranked dead last in the NFL last year. The same line that allowed 56 sacks last year. THAT SAME LINE minus Olin who is now gone.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

THIS IS WHAT U CALL BEING "OWNED" :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Read my sig before u try to start something with me. I'M ALWAYS RIGHT.

Wait, Merriman played against the Bears' O-line from last year? O RLY? And he didn't get 2 sacks against the Bears in game 1 of pre-season this year, while the Giants managed 1 total at home against them in game 2?

You must rent a lot, because you own NOTHING. :P

Edited by Doc

It's not ideal and a lot (read: the pass rush, assuming Moats' move inside is permanent and no one else can put pressure on the QB) rides on him, but if he were seriously injured, they wouldn't have had him practice on Monday.

Indeed. It was starting to sound like he hadn't seen any football activity in a long long time, hence my concern.