Earthquake

DC Tom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

PS - if people are going to evacuate skyscrapers in an earthquake, the worst possible place for them to congregate is at the foot of that skyscraper... At least some building managers are smart enough to get people off the sidewalks.

LOL! Yep. Looking at the streets below my building and they are full of people. Foolish. If I have to leave, I'm headed to Battery Park. Nothing above you that can fall on you.

Same thing happened here. The guy next door to me didn't feel it, but then just about everyone else on my hall did. Maybe some people are so focused that they block things like that out?? :doh:

Some people are simply more sensitive to the S-wave (which travels farther). When that got here, it felt like a big truck driving by the building.

When the P-wave got here...no one mistook that.

We are in lower Manhattan, our building was evacuated, felt the whole building sway....

Apparently the evacuated the Pentagon, the Capitol, the White House, and the offices of Homeland Security.

Glad to see that we are totally protected now. Geez, talk about cutting and running.Homeland Security, wtf?