Dolphins sign RB Larry Johnson

Remarkable how quickly RB's fade away in the NFL. Larry Johnson was the man maybe 2 years ago, now he's washed up. Same thing happened to guys like Shawn Alexander, Ricky Watters, Clinton Portis, Willie Parker, etc.-- go from superstars to has-beens in a year or two.

This is why it's idiotic to spend high draft picks or throw a lot of money at FA RB's, IMO.

I can't see him being an impact player at this point in his career. And I don't know how good of a mentor he'd be to Thomas. His attitude issues are well-documented throughout the league.

I think the Dolphins are a bigger mess than us right now.

I agree, they are a mess, just like us.. But Johnson was cheap, and whatever baggage he may bring is worht the price if he shows up to play on Sunday's. IMO of course.

Tim-

Remarkable how quickly RB's fade away in the NFL. Larry Johnson was the man maybe 2 years ago, now he's washed up. Same thing happened to guys like Shawn Alexander, Ricky Watters, Clinton Portis, Willie Parker, etc.-- go from superstars to has-beens in a year or two.

This is why it's idiotic to spend high draft picks or throw a lot of money at FA RB's, IMO.

Actually, Johnson was the man 5 years ago, in 2006. He's 31 now. RBs seem to have a shorter shelf life nowadays, which makes drafting them high in the 1st round a fool's errand.

It's not like we're bringing the guy in and expecting him to start. This is just a move to add depth he may or may not even be on the team this time next week.

What's this? A Dolfan? Are there even Dolfans any more? I can remember a time when your ilk used to run amok on this board. What's it like being the last man on the bandwagon? :lol:

What's this? A Dolfan? Are there even Dolfans any more? I can remember a time when your ilk used to run amok on this board. What's it like being the last man on the bandwagon? :lol:

lol, really I have been coming to this site for years. I do have to admit I find it both funny as well as ironic having a bills fan say that to me. =)

RBs are the most replaceable players on an NFL team. Look who ran the ball for Green Bay in the playoffs last year.

Although I agree that adequate/decent RB's seem to be easier to find in todays NFL, and the avg RB seems to now have a shorter lifespan in the league, you can use you arguement about GB with other positions too. Look who played LT for the Steelers last year (and was supposed to be the starter this year) in the Super bowl? (Hint - a former Bills castoff, just like Arizona in the SB)