Quality ILB depth still available in FA (Done deal. Well done Nix and

Got_Wood

Kirk Morrison, Lofa Tatupu, and Brandon Chillar are still sitting out there in free agency. I've seen all I need to see in Reggie Torbor. If we have a supposed lack of depth at this position, we need to get out there and sign one of these guys, and move Moats back to OLB. Let's do ourselves a favor for once.

Edited by Got_Wood

I think the Bills depth is fine there even without Torbor. Sheppard & White are hurt but will be back, them coupled with Moats is sufficient. Plus I'm not sure how keen those veteran players would be on signing with a bad team to fill a backup role.

We're "building through the draft."

Translation: don't expect free agents

That point should all become BS if you literally have no depth at a position. You can't simply not sign players if you have to move guys from other positions to fill a need. That's poor management.

I will agree that Torbor is awful. He better not make this team, the guy runs in slow motion and has no football skills. Tatupu sounds nice, but he is a 4-3 guy and would probably cost a little money to just be a backup. Chillar doesn't impress me, but I would gladly take him (or anyone for that matter) over Torbor. That move would make a certain amount of sense given our lack of depth.

Moats is unlikely to go back to OLB (no room), barring injury. So I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

The Bills DID sign Barnett, the best FA 3-4 ILB available this year IMO. They also have Sheppard who we haven't really seen yet.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Tatupu won't do much in the 2011-2012 season. He has two freshly (surgery in 2011) repaired knees that he's currently rehabbing.

On the field, you're looking at decreased mobility and speed.

Financially, you're probably going to waste a lot of coin for no upgrade.

As for Morrison, he's intriguing, but something suggests there's something wrong here. Why didn't Jax resign him when they had a need at the position? From what I've read, he's pretty good against the run, liability against the pass.

Kirk Morrison, Lofa Tatupu, and Brandon Chillar are still sitting out there in free agency. I've seen all I need to see in Reggie Torbor. If we have a supposed lack of depth at this position, we need to get out there and sign one of these guys, and move Moats back to OLB. Let's do ourselves a favor for once.

Agreed, Reggie Torbor is an embarrassment and I really doubt he makes the squad. Moats definitely needs to move back to the outside (IMO), and I hope he eventually starts for Kelsay down the road. If we were to bring in a FA ILB for depth, of the guys you mentioned, I would have to say the Morrison would be the best fit. Great run defender...not as good in pass coverage, but not a liability either. Tatupu coming off the two knee surgeries scares me, and no thanks to Chillar.

Guys they are not going to bring in a veteran ILB when we have Shep waiting in the wings and we actually have a cut date coming up.....

I think we will se a OL long before we see a LB

And I really hate Reggie Torbor....that guy is just not a very good football player...the way he let Magehee run into the end zone on Sat is just a DISGRACE

Agreed, Reggie Torbor is an embarrassment and I really doubt he makes the squad. Moats definitely needs to move back to the outside (IMO), and I hope he eventually starts for Kelsay down the road. If we were to bring in a FA ILB for depth, of the guys you mentioned, I would have to say the Morrison would be the best fit. Great run defender...not as good in pass coverage, but not a liability either. Tatupu coming off the two knee surgeries scares me, and no thanks to Chillar.

I don't understand the love affair with Moats, and the hatred for Kelsey. Sorry, but Kelsey is better than Moats at this time (flame away). Don't get me wrong, Moats showed some pass rushing ability...but that's it. IMO he really struggled in all other aspects of OLB play, yes worse than Kelsay. He has short arms and struggles to wrap up, he can't cover, and is no better in open space than Kelsey. Kelsey is also stronger at the point of attack than Moats. He has proven that this preseason. His pressure led to the Dareus sack by forcing the QB into Dareus. I like Moats, but to expect him to be a starter is a little unrealistic. He was moved to ILB because he fell too far down the depth chart behind Merriman, Kelsay, Batten, Coleman...

The move to ILB gives him a chance to play where there is little competition behind Davis and Barnett(Just the unproven Sheppard, and the AWFUL Torbor). Moats will have a chance to prove himself.

Nice! I love that they're out there making moves. On one hand I kind of wish we grabbed Mckinnie at left tackle, but I hear the guy is a fat, lazy slob. Kirk Morrison at the very least provides great depth for us at linebacker. Great signing :thumbsup:

I don't understand the love affair with Moats, and the hatred for Kelsey. Sorry, but Kelsey is better than Moats at this time (flame away). Don't get me wrong, Moats showed some pass rushing ability...but that's it. IMO he really struggled in all other aspects of OLB play, yes worse than Kelsay. He has short arms and struggles to wrap up, he can't cover, and is no better in open space than Kelsey. Kelsey is also stronger at the point of attack than Moats. He has proven that this preseason. His pressure led to the Dareus sack by forcing the QB into Dareus. I like Moats, but to expect him to be a starter is a little unrealistic. He was moved to ILB because he fell too far down the depth chart behind Merriman, Kelsay, Batten, Coleman...

The move to ILB gives him a chance to play where there is little competition behind Davis and Barnett(Just the unproven Sheppard, and the AWFUL Torbor). Moats will have a chance to prove himself.

The Kelsey hate is similar to the Whitner and Poz hate. People just don't think he is very good. As a linebacker I agree, he is bad. As a DE he is decent back up.

Before Moats, Stevie Johnson was a favorite of the developmental players. I think the dreds and the rapping helped his popularity because he never played for two years. Last year Stevie had a breakout year and we need more of these young hopefuls to do the same.

Moats seems to a be favorite on this board. He has shown some flashes as a pass rusher and has potential.

The new favorite hopefuls are Batten, Carrington, Sheppard and Jasper. There were people on this board pencilling Sheppard in as a starter before the lockout even ended.

This things take on their own life form on TSW.

The new favorite hopefuls are Batten, Carrington, Sheppard and Jasper. There were people on this board pencilling Sheppard in as a starter before the lockout even ended.

This things take on their own life form on TSW.

Add Troupe and Donald Jones to the list.