Please be mentally ready for one more year of sucking

I think we have one more year of being bad. Our D will improve a lot but our OL will be our achilles heel. Next year we focus on offense mainly big boys in the front and we should be on good path to be competitive for a few years. Especially once Ralph is force to spend a minimum amount of money. The best we can hope for this season is to somewhat have a chance (no pun intended) at Luck comes the draft next year. But I don't think the Bills can be that lucky.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got in trouble thinking this way last year, but I find it hard to imagine being worse if Dareus and Merriman play to potential. As bad as we were last year we still hung close in a lot of games. Our D will win us 2 more games alone.

Now the Oline depth is suspect but here's hoping Brad Smith and the Wildcat keep teams guessing.

Hoping for small improvement.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I got in trouble thinking this way last year, but I find it hard to imagine being worse if Dareus and Merriman play to potential. As bad as we were last year we still hung close in a lot of games. Our D will win us 2 more games alone.

Now the Oline depth is suspect but here's hoping Brad Smith and the Wildcat keep teams guessing.

Hoping for small improvement.

PTR

Im keeping my hopes maxed out at 6-10. The holes on the team are obvious. But I trust that they will continue to be addressed, just as the Defense was after last season's performance.

everyone says look at these teams that did it in one year..... i think this is the year that we have enough holes that we dont have a good record, but few enough that we can be very competitive after one more offseason. very few of those teams were as far away as we were, and going through scheme changes to boot. they were teams like we are right now the year before the "big turnaround."

I don't think there is any way that we'll contend for the #1 pick unless we are just ridiculously pounded with injuries, I mean think about it - we won four games last year and could have easily won seven having lost three OT games and its probably going to take like 2-14 or 3-13 this year to get #1. Being that our D has improved and we made some nice additions to the O (we lost Lee but we're deep at WR) I really believe we as fans should be expecting at least 6-7 wins this year.

Every year during training camp I come away thinking either: (a) Our offense is going to be awesome, Or, (b) Our defense is going to be awesome. I have been been consistently wrong every year. This year I came away wondering, "Is our defense really THAT good, or does our offense suck that badly."

That offensive line is thin on talent. After watching a few practices, my eyeballs told me the O-line second stringers were getting constantly bull-rushed by the first, second and third string D-line. The D-linemen were consistently winning the one on one battles.

That does not bode well for this team.

8-8 at best. But there's no denying with the additions of Dareus, Barnett, Merriman, A Williams, (hopefully Sheppard), the possible rise of players like Carrington and Batten and the arrival of Wanny that this defense will keep us in more games. Not to mention an offense that was manageable last year.

I think the Bengals will be terrible and get the first pick. The Bills will be better than 4-12 but they won't win more than 7 games. I hope the defense improves with Dareus etc. but until they play a real game we have no idea what they can do.

I think we have one more year of being bad. Our D will improve a lot but our OL will be our achilles heel. Next year we focus on offense mainly big boys in the front and we should be on good path to be competitive for a few years. Especially once Ralph is force to spend a minimum amount of money. The best we can hope for this season is to somewhat have a chance (no pun intended) at Luck comes the draft next year. But I don't think the Bills can be that lucky.

Are you off your rocker?? Our O-line will end up being servicable this year, better than last year in my opinion.I know it doesn't look that way now, but somebody will step up. or we'll pick up someone before the season starts. And with the improved defense you speak of and another year with everyone in the system, I think we'll be better than most people think. But apparently I'm a homer so what the hell do I know?! No chance we get Luck next year unless we make a big draft day trade or something. No way in hell will we be that bad. I say we are an 8-8 team give or take a couple games depending on injuries and a few bounces.

Rockinon, I was writing while you posted " you're off your rocker"

I guess great minds think alike.

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

What's your definition of "one more year of sucking?" If we don't make the playoffs....do we suck? If we don't win at least 8 games....do we suck? Our o-line will not be our achilles heel because, similar to last season, Chan's offense will help to mask deficiencies in our offensive line. Expect an improved team this year, likely not winning 8 games or making the playoffs, but we will continue to improve.

This year, we focus on extending contracts to our deserving veteran players. In the 2012 draft, IMO, we get our QB of the future and really shore up our offensive line. Then, the fruits of Chan and Buddy's re-building process really become apparent on the field.

ok. now im confused. i thought rockinon was commenting on the op. but it looks like he was saying john from hemet is off his rocker. so in that case, i retract my last statement to rockinon and now it is only me with the great mind. and john from hemet of course. wherever hemet is?

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

But while I am at it I will at least provide my reasons take them for what you will

- First of all....the defense.....the reason why we were not 7-9 LAST year is because our defense was horrid. Ridding ourselves of players that didnt fit the scheme, additions of players that do, getting a MLB that can cover and backing him up with a SS that can also cover fixes one of the biggest problems our defense had....tight ends running free over the middle of our defense. Investing heavily in down linemen AND quality backups to them solve the run stop problem and give DB's a chance to make plays on pass defense. Our defense is bigger...player to player and of better quality. We drafted heavy on defense last year and those 2nd year players will now be move involved. Dan W. involved with our defensive coaching. The team is now in its second year with the 3-4 defense and will understand it better. Greatly improved pass rush.

- On offense....Fitz with a full year as the starter and unquestioned leader. Quality wide recievers who all fit Chan Gailey offensive scheme....most of them big, tall, and fast. A TE who is big enough to win matchups in the middle of the field. Stevie in his second year as a starter. Additional weapons added like Brad Smith. All in all....a young offense that showed improvement LAST year and is now even more versitile.

This team even though they had a poor record last year was fighting for it every game.....nobody mailed one in. It is a team of character with identified leaders.