Please be mentally ready for one more year of sucking

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is any way that we'll contend for the #1 pick unless we are just ridiculously pounded with injuries, I mean think about it - we won four games last year and could have easily won seven having lost three OT games and its probably going to take like 2-14 or 3-13 this year to get #1. Being that our D has improved and we made some nice additions to the O (we lost Lee but we're deep at WR) I really believe we as fans should be expecting at least 6-7 wins this year.

I agree with that assessment.

Im keeping my hopes maxed out at 6-10. The holes on the team are obvious. But I trust that they will continue to be addressed, just as the Defense was after last season's performance.

i think we win between 4-6 this year, but with 2-3 starters, and some added depth i think we can get in the .500 range next year easily.

we just have a couple glaring holes right now, and a well placed injury or two (merriman, bell, stevie) could absolutely cripple this team. given two of those players have battled injuries, and the 3rd is making a big jump in responsibility.... id bet that we end up far short of .500 on the record sheet this year, but we arent that far off in overall talent to get there next time around.

What's your definition of "one more year of sucking?" If we don't make the playoffs....do we suck? If we don't win at least 8 games....do we suck? Our o-line will not be our achilles heel because, similar to last season, Chan's offense will help to mask deficiencies in our offensive line. Expect an improved team this year, likely not winning 8 games or making the playoffs, but we will continue to improve.

This year, we focus on extending contracts to our deserving veteran players. In the 2012 draft, IMO, we get our QB of the future and really shore up our offensive line. Then, the fruits of Chan and Buddy's re-building process really become apparent on the field.

Yes winning 7 or 8 games is sucking to me. It is actually more depressing than being 4-12 because you have some hope all year long. I would guess we will be 6-10. The sad part is that there was some real opportunities in FA to improve our OL. I think not doing that was a serious mistake.

I dont think we get Luck by being that bad but who knows maybe we move up.

How the !@#$ can you say "hoping for" and 6-10 or 9-7 in the same sentence? I hope for 19-0

the world is full of crazy miracles to hope for, but in this discussion, id be happy hoping to be competitive. Stay healthy, get a little lucky, and keep moving forward. im ok hoping for that, even if i think it equates to at most .500 if we get really lucky and hit on all our "maybes"

I think we will know by the end of week 2 if we are in play for Andrew Luck. I really think we could be 2-0, beating the Chiefs and Raiders. But if we find a way to lose those two games I think we will be in contention for the top pick.

After 2 pre-season games, hoping for Andrew Luck might just be reasonable. I wish I was off my rocker

I'm definitely hoping for Andrew Luck, but I am also hoping for a LT and a RT capable of keeping him from being injured by week 2.

To the people who are "hoping" for 6-10...please explain yourselves :blink:

With a guy like Andrew Luck in the draft next year, you should be either hoping your team is good enough to get far into the playoffs, or bad enough to draft Luck....its obvious the Bills have a better chance of the latter.

I'm definitely hoping for Andrew Luck, but I am also hoping for a LT and a RT capable of keeping him from being injured by week 2.

To the people who are "hoping" for 6-10...please explain yourselves :blink:

With a guy like Andrew Luck in the draft next year, you should be either hoping your team is good enough to get far into the playoffs, or bad enough to draft Luck....its obvious the Bills have a better chance of the latter.

exactly. people saying "we had 4 wins last year, could've won a few a more, so we should be better"...ehh, not so fast. at this point, it's hard to imagine this offense putting up more than 10 points a game. the o-line looks significantly worse. which could make fitz look significantly worse. the #2 WR is awful, and spiller still isn't showing anything. it could be an epically bad unit this year. 2 wins is not out of the question.

Where are all the "you are off your rocker" fans this morning? Maybe hoping for Luck is not so crazy after all. Look at the positives, we might have a line for out D. Maybe next year, the geniuses in the front office will realize that spending some money on the OL might not be such a bad idea. I know that it has not worked out in the past but it is not because you spent too much money on a bad pair of shoes 5 years ago that you can't buy a really good pair of shoes now.

Edited by offyourocker

Where are all the "you are off your rocker" fans this morning? Maybe hoping for Luck is not so crazy after all. Look at the positives, we might have a line for out D. Maybe next year, the geniuses in the front office will realize that spending some money on the OL might not be such a bad idea. I know that it has not worked out in the past but it is not because you spent too much money on a bad pair of shoes 5 years ago that you can't buy a really good pair of shoes now.

Well I can't speak for any of the other guys, but I was working. I stand by my earlier post. it'll work itself out. We won't suck that bad. People always freak out this time of year. I guess we'll see soon enough. summer's going fast.

I think we have one more year of being bad. Our D will improve a lot but our OL will be our achilles heel. Next year we focus on offense mainly big boys in the front and we should be on good path to be competitive for a few years. Especially once Ralph is force to spend a minimum amount of money. The best we can hope for this season is to somewhat have a chance (no pun intended) at Luck comes the draft next year. But I don't think the Bills can be that lucky.

There is no doubt that we will be below .500. I'm just not convinced that we have a chance this year.