Crazy thought about Jasper

What about Jasper as a blocking fullback in Red Zone situations?

Certainly an athletic 380-pounder could plow a hole, at least for a second, for a potential 4th and inches situation.

With all the moving backup QBs to Safety (Nesbitt) and Wildcat shenanigans, I thought out of the box thinking is a possibility with this offense. Just wanted to throw the thought out there and see if anyone finds any validity with it. No haters :] Just an idea.

Certainly an athletic 380-pounder could plow a hole, at least for a second, for a potential 4th and inches situation.

With all the moving backup QBs to Safety (Nesbitt) and Wildcat shenanigans, I thought out of the box thinking is a possibility with this offense. Just wanted to throw the thought out there and see if anyone finds any validity with it. No haters :] Just an idea.

I like the idea. At least try it out in a preseason game to see if it works. Keeping the defense off balance is how and offense has success. I think other teams have used defensive linemen in the way you suggested. I'll take your idea further: hand him the ball sometimes also. It's preseason, lets try out some crazy ideas that might work.

Edited by RyanC883

I think this is an interesting idea... for 2012.

Jasper has so much technique to learn at DT, I don't the coaching staff would want to waste precious time teaching him to block, even for one play. He really needs to stick to his #1 job right now. At least, that's my humble opinion.

But I do see the appeal of having of 400lb Mount Jasper crashing into the line opening a hole for someone.

He does have a lot of technique to learn on D. But how much technique is there to learn for a couple of I formation plays? Run left, center or right. Hit the first guy as hard as you can. Keep him engaged. Or keep on running. The Fridge weighed the same weight, I believe, during his prime. Also like the idea of OG, too.

Here's a crazier thought -- given the fact Buffalo's depth at OL is horrid, how about trying him at OG...you know, like he played in college?

That is not a crazy idea at all, esp. with his athleticism. I will confess to being a big Jasper fan. I just like the big guy and his story. I really hope he makes the team and develops into a great player regardless of position. :thumbsup:

Based on my view of the first preseason game, Jasper has his work cut out for him to even make the team.

In my view, Kellen Heard outplayed him by a lot.

Sigh... I saw what you did as well. I am telling myself its just his nerves, being the first game and all. But I am way biased on Jasper.

We need to let Fred Jackson run the ball and put together a real offensive line. Develop "Big Mike" into a D-lineman and don't get cute. Spiller and Smith can provide enough trick plays.

I didn't think he played that poorly, all things considered. In fact, I think me might have pressured the QB enough to influence the INT.

In my opinion, when he's not gassed, Jasper gets great push. He had hands in his facemask and was about to sack the quarterback on the Williams interception.

That being said, he has trouble disengaging from blocks and got winded on the long Bears drive. Once he was obviously tired, he was slow to react to the ball.

But Troup had problems using his hands last year. Now look at him this year.

Also, Kellen Heard looked way better than I thought he would. I especially liked it when both he and Jasper were lined up together :)

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

He also seemed a split second off on the snap early on. The good news is that timing and conditioning can improve. Some guys will never master technique, but they outgh to be able to improve on his energy.

Edited by yall

I think he should play qb. :wallbash:

According to this photo and caption, he was showing off "his quarterback skills" on Tuesday. :pirate:http://www.mpnnow.com/sports/x386660625/Buffalos-Big-Mike'>http://www.mpnnow.com/sports/x386660625/Buffalos-Big-Mike

According to this photo and caption, he was showing off "his quarterback skills" on Tuesday. :pirate: http://www.mpnnow.com/sports/x386660625/Buffalos-Big-Mike

'cept the ball is in the wrong hand.

just give em the ball.