Golic bashing the Bears O-line

I was listening to the Good, Bad, and Ugly from Mike and Mike this morning, and Golic bashed the Bears O-line, saying that 9 sacks was terrible and that Cutler is 'running for his life'.

No discussion at all as to the performance of the Bills defense, that they may be greatly improved and are looking to blow up teams this year. This is pretty much expected from a 'no respect' POV, and I look forward to a return to a 99 Bills kind of defense!!

Edited by BmoreBills

While the Bears O line was bad it's not like Kelsay was ringing up sacks. Merriman showed an array of pass rush moves and relentlessness that we haven't seen in a Bills uniform in a long time. Dareus splitting double teams wasn't by mistake. He does "crazy" things like use his hands and counter moves in order too pressure the QB.

Bottom line is that the Bears O Line IS bad. But a HEALTHY Merriman, Dareus and Williams are going to be super bad a**! :beer:

It all comes down to the Center position, remember Kent Hull? I don't get why the Bears didn't try and retain Olin Kreutz. The Bills moving Wood to center is exactly the reason why I think we will be able to run the ball better between the tackles. I have always held the belief that if you can put your best 2 lineman next to each other you'll get better results. Our LT, LG, C position seem to be above average. However I am concerned with our right side.

I was listening to the Good, Bad, and Ugly from Mike and Mike this morning, and Golic bashed the Bears O-line, saying that 9 sacks was terrible and that Cutler is 'running for his life'.

No discussion at all as to the performance of the Bills defense, that they may be greatly improved and are looking to blow up teams this year. This is pretty much expected from a 'no respect' POV, and I look forward to a return to a 99 Bills kind of defense!!

We'll get that respect when we sack Brady* nine times on Sept. 25th...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

First off, the Bears OLine is BAD.

Secondly, Merriman looked like the real deal Holyfield, and so did Dareus...BIG time.

Third, Barnett did something I haven't seen a Bill do in the four years Poz et al have been manning the middle of the field:

He released on a late blitz, absorbed a block, shed the block, and got pressure on the QB. Granted, it resulted in a 15 yard scramble, but Cutler is actually pretty good on that department, I don't know if Brady would have gotten away like he did.

Bottom line, when watching the replay, I realized I've been conditioned (when trying to figure out where the pressure came from) to see a blitzer, see him get blocked, then look elsewhere, trying to pick up the guy who DOES spring free. In this case we ACTUALLY had a middle linebacker spring free from first contact to cause a disruption in the backfield.

Defensively, if Barnett, Merriman and Dareus can stay healthy (a big IF given the history of the first two, I know), the defense may just be good enough to get us those 3-4 wins that tip to our opponent's favor year in and year out.

The Bear's offensive line is bad.

Not really. IMHO, Martz's play calling puts undue pressure on the young/newish line and they dont have the experience together to deal with it. Oh, and the fact that the entire Bills D played lights out made them look worse. As one of the Bears players said, the Bills were is regular season form. I liked what I saw of the D and if this was a 'vanilla' D, I salivate at the thought of their performance once the real games start.

Not really. IMHO, Martz's play calling puts undue pressure on the young/newish line and they dont have the experience together to deal with it. Oh, and the fact that the entire Bills D played lights out made them look worse. As one of the Bears players said, the Bills were is regular season form. I liked what I saw of the D and if this was a 'vanilla' D, I salivate at the thought of their performance once the real games start.

Yes really. Evidently I'm the only "fan in Chicago" who reads the dailies! :thumbsup:

First off, the Bears OLine is BAD.

Very true but they were bad last year as well but when the Bills played the Bears last year their pass rush was still unable to take advantage of this. I think it's safe to say that the Bills pass rush is improved but by how much remains to be seen.

Very true but they were bad last year as well but when the Bills played the Bears last year their pass rush was still unable to take advantage of this. I think it's safe to say that the Bills pass rush is improved but by how much remains to be seen.

No doubt about it.

On the NFL Net broadcast, Sam Rosen commented, "Well we got to see what we wanted, and Bears OL played pretty well." I take it he missed 9 sacks? (3 in the opening two series?)

It all comes down to the Center position, remember Kent Hull? I don't get why the Bears didn't try and retain Olin Kreutz. The Bills moving Wood to center is exactly the reason why I think we will be able to run the ball better between the tackles. I have always held the belief that if you can put your best 2 lineman next to each other you'll get better results. Our LT, LG, C position seem to be above average. However I am concerned with our right side.

When did we get 2 new free agents? I missed the article about the LT and the LG signings we must have made.

They just did GB&U again, and Golic talked about Merriman and Dareus and how great they looked. Wasnt a ton of love, but he did acknowledge them.

Bills fans, so sensitive.

They just did GB&U again, and Golic talked about Merriman and Dareus and how great they looked. Wasnt a ton of love, but he did acknowledge them.

Bills fans, so sensitive.

Maybe he had a good strong cup of coffee!

I'm not sensitive, just touchy! :P

We'll have to wait until next week to start making real judgments...but why is it that when Buffalo dominates in any area that the other team is bad at, it automatically means we aren't that good?

You are reading into it too much. The Bears OL is bad, simply because.....the bears OL is bad.

Offensive line is going to be a big problem for quite a few teams, not just Buffalo. Chicago and Baltimore have really big offensive line problems to the point that it could easily jeopardize their playoff chances.