The official Get 'R Done Thread (OL)

Billsnutt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beacuse Nix had Urbik rated high draft day. IDK but the right side of the line has me thinking Fitz is gonna get killed sooner rather than later. Waters would be worth a shot if we were a playoff team, but the guy has 1-2 years left so I'd rather throw Urbik out and see what he can do.

Edited by bills_red

Beacuse Nix had Urbik rated high draft day. IDK but the right side of the line has me thinking Fitz is gonna get killed sooner rather than later. Waters would be worth a shot if we were a playoff team, but the guy has 1-2 years left so I'd rather throw Urbik out and see what he can do.

Unless you're really sure they need a more veteran presence on the OL, I'm not sure what adding a guy at the end of his career does for them (presuming he really only has 1-2 years left). I think they really want this unit to grow together. If Urbik doesn't at least show some flashes next week, I might get a little more concerned, but for now I'd hold my fire. Also, Hangartner has played some guard in his time and could step in while Urbik learns the craft, so to speak, and I wouldn't hate the idea. I know we want upgrades for now, but if the moves don't help in the long-term picture of the team it could actually set them back.

Pears didn't look out of place last night, not a stud superstar but for a first preseason game he didn't do anything to embarass himself.

Urbik on the other hand was like a deer in the head lights. On the screen pass to Spiller all he had to do was put his body on the defender who was a couple of feet away and CJ would have had a chance to break it. Instead Urbik stood there ... Again, it's the first preseason game but if the reports out of camp are correct we may see last year's center at RG and last year's RG at center. Geoff would at least is a smart player and at guard he wouldn't be blown away by NT's any more.

That was woods guy(urlacher) Wood wiffed badly and slid to ground urbik tried to clean up but. urbik was'nt great, but not that bad either. Overall oline was fine for the talent they have.

KC cut pro-bowl G Brian Waters because of a personality conflict with the head coach.

Why haven't the Bills picked him up?

I'm a bit surprised at that myself - recent articles seem to indicate he wants to finish his career in Dallas...

Needing OL Help, Cowboys Sniffing Around Former Local Star Brian Waters

Am also a bit puzzled why our AGM Doug Whaley hasn't used his Steelers connections and brought in OT Max Starks for a look.

As for Ugoh, just say no....

Indianapolis Colts Top 10 Draft Busts And Successes In Franchise History: Tony Ugoh

Edited by The Senator

Let's start looking for CFL cuts from their preseason too ... if there's one guarantee about this board it is that someone will get all excited about any team's first cuts as if the other team was so stupid as to cut a player in the first round of cuts who can be an NFL starters.

This is not to say that we don't need some reserves on the OL because other then 4 out of 5 who looked good (LT, LG, C, and RT)... I didn't see any performance worthy of a starter in the NFL.

i never said i was excited about him or thought he was anything special. what i said is i think he is a better player then most the scrubs we have along our line and definitely better the our back up scrubs

I'm a bit surprised at that myself - recent articles seem to indicate he wants to finish his career in Dallas...

Needing OL Help, Cowboys Sniffing Around Former Local Star Brian Waters

Am also a bit puzzled why our AGM Doug Whaley hasn't used his Steelers connections and brought in OT Max Starks for a look.

As for Ugoh, just say no....

Indianapolis Colts Top 10 Draft Busts And Successes In Franchise History: Tony Ugoh

Max Stark & Ugoh are average to below average Ts who looked a ton better because of their qbs.

I wanted them to bring in other guys but not just for the sake of bringing them in. I thought Pears was fine at RT. Urbik was clearly the weak link but it was game 1. I give him one more shot before switching things up. The key to great o lines is continuity.

"We have a lot of really good young tackles, like 6 or 7. Bringing in a veteran would cost them some valuable playtime, and we would eventually have to cut one of young tackles, brimming with potential, so we will just go ahead and pass"

Post of the year right here. Id love to see you name ONE "really good young tackle" on this team, let alone 6 or 7 LOL. I love your optimism, but seriously man??

"We have a lot of really good young tackles, like 6 or 7. Bringing in a veteran would cost them some valuable playtime, and we would eventually have to cut one of young tackles, brimming with potential, so we will just go ahead and pass"