Billls open to trading Evans

If he is traded for a pick, which is what is being rumored, it is a perfect example of the ineptitude of the front office. Why wasn't he traded pre-draft then? Nothing has changed since then - Lee hasn't been rumored to have lost a step or been accused of showing up to camp out of shape.

I don't know, maybe because due to the lockout players couldn't be traded. But even so they should have found a way to trade him prior the draft, NFL lockout rules or not. What idiots!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just sitting here on my laptop and watching NFL Countdown on ESPN, and they say that we're definitely "open to trading Lee Evans" and that a trade could be "Consummated within the next 24-48 hours." OK, fine, maybe won't happen, but the aforementioned report is certainly more confirmation than we've received to this point.

Realistically, without a deep threat, spread or no spread, how do you account for the loss in our offense? I mean really, I'm tired of hearing how ineffective Lee Evans "really is." Not necessary- just want to know what any of you think we would realistically do with the receivers that we have on the roster having that vertical threat essentially diminished.

try this our O line sux such huge monkey nuts The Amish Rifle won't be able to go deep anyway :lol:

+ 1,000,000.

Apparently someone missed the sarcasm in my post. I don't mind people criticizing the Bills because they have sucked for awhile, but at least have some clue of what you are talking about.

I have read the pros and cons of trading Evans and right now I can't agree with trading him. I don't understand it.

Because he is 30 and just came off the worst year of his career. Chan Gailey's offense doesn't utilize his strength, but is better suited to players who can come over the middle which Evans is not good at. There are only two years left on Evans deal and he will be gone then. Da Joker, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Marcus Easly, Roscoe Parrish and Naaman Roosevelt, which one are you releasing for nothing instead? Plus we just might get something for him. I'm am for this for various reasons and I really don't think it hurts the team that much.

Apparently someone missed the sarcasm in my post. I don't mind people criticizing the Bills because they have sucked for awhile, but at least have some clue of what you are talking about.

Because he is 30 and just came off the worst year of his career. Chan Gailey's offense doesn't utilize his strength, but is better suited to players who can come over the middle which Evans is not good at. There are only two years left on Evans deal and he will be gone then. Da Joker, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Marcus Easly, Roscoe Parrish and Naaman Roosevelt, which one are you releasing for nothing instead? Plus we just might get something for him. I'm am for this for various reasons and I really don't think it hurts the team that much.

I forgot about the trade embargo, but then it would make much more sense to keep him this year, hope for improved numbers and deal him in the off-season. I like the young guys, too, but only Stevie has proven he can handle a starting spot and that was with Lee commanding most of the double teams.

I just keep thinking of 2003. I may not have known the sport as well back then so my view was inaccurate, but I remember this: In 2002 we acquired Drew Bledsoe and everyone was psyched about finally having a pro-bowl QB with a strong arm and good pedigree. We went 8-8 that season but with a great offense, the idea was that all we needed was a defense. That off-season we bolstered the defense and dropped Sam Gash and Peerless Price. The next season we went 6-10 with the 30th ranked offense because Eric Moulds couldn't do it all by himself.

This year seems eerily familiar...or I'm just a Bills fan. :)

I say they have to trade him now. Once news like this gets picked up by the media, it is just going to create a huge distraction that a young team shouldn't have to endure. Hearing that one of your leaders is on the trade block and they have to answer questions about it every day when they should be focusing on their first preseason game isn't good.

Trade him, get it over with before the game. It is moot to think about what kind of player he is because he is going to get traded.

I just keep thinking of 2003. I may not have known the sport as well back then so my view was inaccurate, but I remember this: In 2002 we acquired Drew Bledsoe and everyone was psyched about finally having a pro-bowl QB with a strong arm and good pedigree. We went 8-8 that season but with a great offense, the idea was that all we needed was a defense. That off-season we bolstered the defense and dropped Sam Gash and Peerless Price. The next season we went 6-10 with the 30th ranked offense because Eric Moulds couldn't do it all by himself.

This year seems eerily familiar...or I'm just a Bills fan. :)

Having a brain dead.QB sure didn't help. :thumbdown:

Dumping Evans for anything below a day 2 draft pick would be absolutely ridiculous. :angry:

I am indifferent on the Evans trade but maybe I am wrong with the following:

For the last 2 or 3 years most on Two Bills Drive have **** on Lee Evans saying he's not worth the contract, he's over rated, not a #1, etc. Why is it when there is potential for us to get something for him the Bills front office is clueless and this is a dumb move? Look you can't have it both ways. I truly wonder how some people call themselves fans when they just go to which ever side of the fence gives them a chance to call Ralph cheap, the front office dumb, etc.

Like I said I am indifferent. I would have to see what we get in return. I just don't understand how there are so many people in love with Evans now.

For the last 2 or 3 years most on Two Bills Drive have **** on Lee Evans saying he's not worth the contract, he's over rated, not a #1, etc. Why is it when there is potential for us to get something for him the Bills front office is clueless and this is a dumb move? Look you can't have it both ways. I truly wonder how some people call themselves fans when they just go to which ever side of the fence gives them a chance to call Ralph cheap, the front office dumb, etc.

Like I said I am indifferent. I would have to see what we get in return. I just don't understand how there are so many people in love with Evans now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTfWOhDGifY

Edited by DrDareustein

My thoughts exactly.

Easy. He wasn't worth the contract back then because he's not a #1 WR... but he's a fine #2 WR who represents good value right now for what's left on the contract.

It makes no sense to take away a true leader on offense to help the other young receivers. His salary isn't that much, plus they have a salary floor to be at next season...If he does leave, I at least hope he gets to go to a contender.

We will be 10 to 20 $Million below floor of cap and then have to give bonus money by end of season to guys like Kelsay, etc to reach minimum floor. If the NFL palyers union were smart they would tack on $5 million per year to cap allowance for Bills as they should be foprcede to put back their Canada money back into the team snce the "sold a home game" for money. we are a friggin joke. We sign three bench players and lose two starters every free agency it seems. we mearly drfat to replace guys we lose in tthir prime. we are only trying to catch up and stay where we are. we never seem to reward good players, only mediocre.