Bills will be a turn-around team

TPS

Looking at the schedule, I think the Bills have 5 games that will be difficult to win, and the remainder are in play. Four of the five are the 2 each vs. Jets and Pats, and then I'd throw in the Eagles. However, I won't be surprised if the Bills steal a game from either the Jets or Pats, or both. I think 10-6 is very doable.

Primary keys:

1. RT. Bell stays healthy. I think the interior 3 will be very strong, and Pears will be serviceable. It won't surprise me (or anyone) to see the Bills pick up another tackle before the season starts. As is, with a healthy Bell, the line is better than last year.

2. Pass rush. Merriman stays healthy. While I think the defense will be siginificantly better this year, a healthy Merriman could make it lethal. The addition of Dareus, along with improvements from Troup and Carrington, solidifies the line, which will free up the LBs more.

Other musings:

Offense:

- The running game should be significantly better based on a stronger interior line and improvement from Spiller.

- Thigpen gives the Bills a true backup if Fitz goes down.

- Chandler should be a pleasant surprise at TE.

- The offense will be entertaining to say the least.

Defense:

- The safety play will be better with Wilson and a more experienced Byrd.

- With a better pass rush, there will be more turnovers.

- I think Carrington will move into a starting role by the bye.

How to get 10 wins?

I think the Bills can go 4-2 into the bye.

Wins: KC, Oak, Cinc, and Giants (toughest).

Losses: Pats and Philly.

Remainder of games:

Wash W

Jets L

Dallas W

Fins W

Jets L

Tenn W

SD L

Fins W

Denver W

Pats L

The real test for me is the first Jets game at home. Can a bigger, stronger Bills team now go toe-to-toe with the Jets?

I think the Bills can make the playoffs if they win ONE of the four games vs Jets and Pats, and go 3-3 in the division, and 11-5 overall!

That's my prediction. (Which is dependent on Bell and Merriman staying healthy.) Obviously, a run of injuries like last year would spoil this as well.

Go Bills!

(Optimistic) TPS

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The optimism on this site is entertaining to say the least. No one can site a professional opinion that states we will be anything close to a .500 team yet yahoo's on here are calling for 7-8-9-10 wins. Apparently Bill's fans know more about football than everyone else.

To say that we are going to win (1) against the Jets/Patriots and win against the Dallas, KC, and the Giants is simply laughable. We may squeek out one or two of those games, but it's just as likely that we lose one, two, three, or four against the Skins, Fins, Titans, Oakland, Tenn, and Denver. We are a 3-6 win team this year, end of story.

Edited by Mark80

I don't think there's a team in the NFL that the Bills can say "Yup, we r gonna win this game." So predicting 10 wins is a stretch. But it is football and any team can put a little burst together mid season and contend for playoffs. I'm the biggest Bills optimist. But even though I always think we are going to be improved I've learned not to tell anyone else that isn't a Bills fan cause I always end up with my foot in my mouth.

The optimism on this site is entertaining to say the least. No one can site a professional opinion that states we will be anything close to a .500 team yet yahoo's on here are calling for 7-8-9-10 wins. Apparently Bill's fans know more about football than everyone else.

To say that we are going to win (1) against the Jets/Patriots and win against the Dallas, KC, and the Giants is simply laughable. We may squeek out one or two of those games, but it's just as likely that we lose one, two, three, or four against the Skins, Fins, Titans, Oakland, Tenn, and Denver. We are a 3-6 win team this year, end of story.

Mark80 has spoken and told us exactly what the Bills will do this year. Time to close this thread down.

Nice post. I feel ya man. Keeping Bell and Merriman healthy are THE keys to success this year. The giants got worse. The skins got worse. The titans got worse. The raiders got worse. The broncos, cowboys, chiefs, chargers and fins are about the same as last year, which means they are all beatable. That leaves 5 games, phily, 2 vs NYJ and 2 vs NE as probable losses. It seems like each year, we play an amazing game at home vs a powerhouse. We usually lose that game, but it always ones down to the wire. Maybe the Philly game, will be that game. If healthy, the playoffs are actually a possibility. Before the draft, I thought we were 2-3 years away from a legit playoff shot. I must commend the FO for the offseason they had. Great draft and some key FA signings will give us a chance, albeit small chance. OL and QB (if needed) next year and we could be on our way. Dareus + Merriman + Barnett + Sheppard + Williams + 2nd year Carrington and Troupe should seriously improve the D. If somehow, which is doubtful considering our past, we can stay healthy at key positions, we may be able to turn the corner to respectability. Go trainers go!!!

Nice post. I feel ya man. Keeping Bell and Merriman healthy are THE keys to success this year. The giants got worse. The skins got worse. The titans got worse. The raiders got worse. The broncos, cowboys, chiefs, chargers and fins are about the same as last year, which means they are all beatable. That leaves 5 games, phily, 2 vs NYJ and 2 vs NE as probable losses. It seems like each year, we play an amazing game at home vs a powerhouse. We usually lose that game, but it always ones down to the wire. Maybe the Philly game, will be that game. If healthy, the playoffs are actually a possibility. Before the draft, I thought we were 2-3 years away from a legit playoff shot. I must commend the FO for the offseason they had. Great draft and some key FA signings will give us a chance, albeit small chance. OL and QB (if needed) next year and we could be on our way. Dareus + Merriman + Barnett + Sheppard + Williams + 2nd year Carrington and Troupe should seriously improve the D. If somehow, which is doubtful considering our past, we can stay healthy at key positions, we may be able to turn the corner to respectability. Go trainers go!!!

I thought the 2010 draft class was one of the best in years. Unfortunately Batten and Easely were injured, so their development was set back a bit. This year's success will be highly dependent on some of those players--Spiller, Troup, Carrington, and Moats. If Easely, Batten and Wang contribute, all the better. Spiller would be my #3 key. If he has a breakout year, lookout!

On defense, they now have the bodies to stop the run. We'll see if they have the teamwork. A front three of Dareus, Williams, and Carrington will be imposing.

Yes, I am an optimist, and glad for it. However, based on the changes that I see, I thinkt there will be a swing of 7-10 points per game for the Bills. The D ppg should fall from last year's 27, to about 20-21. The O's should rise from 18 to 20-22, which will translate into more wins.

There will be unexpected losses and wins. I've got them losing to SD, Philly, and Jets and Pats twice. It's quite possible they sneak a win or two from those six, to offset the probalbe unexpected losses. Obviously the Bills will need some luck this year, and I've always believed that the more optimistic you are, the luckier you tend to be.

10 and 6 baby! Back to the playoffs! :beer:

:rolleyes:

I'm sure all the experts had TB and KC going 10-6 too. I don't make predictions but you have to be the biggest tool on the planet to go blindly by what ESPN and Yahoo say.

I'm sure all the experts had TB and KC going 10-6 too. I don't make predictions but you have to be the biggest tool on the planet to go blindly by what ESPN and Yahoo say.

He said "professional" opinion. That leaves ESPN and Yahoo out.

GO BILLS!!!

That is not at all far fetched I thought of that a few days ago but didn't feel like being stoned to death by the negative nancy's

So your saying if we are the healthiest team in the NFL, and win every game we could probably hang with a team in, and only lose against teams that beat us by an average of about 4-5 touchdowns a game last year, we could have a shot at the wildcard? I assume this includes getting some bounces so we are up a solid 10-15 in the turnover ratio to? Or is that just crazy talk?

Josh Freeman being just about the best qb in the NFL the last 8 games (including right here in new Orleans against the saints backups) probably helped. Kid was a beast. I dont see fitz making that same jump.

Playing the NFC west also didn't hurt either team.

Edited by NoSaint

"Bill's" fans may or may not know about football than everyone else, as you so arrogantly state, but before you call everyone out I'd suggest you learn when to use apostrophes and when not to (Bill's, yahoo's.....) - pretty lame. And it's squeak, not "sqeek". Your case may have more merit if you wrote with some sense of literacy.

"Bill's" fans may or may not know about football than everyone else, as you so arrogantly state, but before you call everyone out I'd suggest you learn when to use apostrophes and when not to (Bill's, yahoo's.....) - pretty lame. And it's squeak, not "sqeek". Your case may have more merit if you wrote with some sense of literacy.

His grammar really had a lot to do with his point. Also, care to rewrite that first sentence? It's always fun when the grammar police have as many errors as those they correct. Just let it go, and say you disagree with him.

Edited by NoSaint

I cant say I'd "gaurantee" a win versus the Giants but I would say its definately winnable. Listen to Buddy and Chan. 3 years.... We are getting there. look at Bills history. AFL champs in 1964. 1989 playoffs. 25 yr swings. Long peaks and valleys but in 3 years, playoffs and Super Bowl WIN!!!!!

I cant say I'd "gaurantee" a win versus the Giants but I would say its definately winnable. Listen to Buddy and Chan. 3 years.... We are getting there. look at Bills history. AFL champs in 1964. 1989 playoffs. 25 yr swings. Long peaks and valleys but in 3 years, playoffs and Super Bowl WIN!!!!!

I'd agree with the idea that we have about a dozen "winnable" games. Doesn't mean I think they will win then all. 12 games that are somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-50 (give or take a little either way) tells me about 6 wins.

I agree we are headed the right direction though, building a team for long term success

Good job man, you're really smart. I'm sure those huge grammatical errors made the post indecipherable to all the readers. Good thing you showed up and cleared it up for everyone.

I don't know where you get the arrogance take. I myself am a huge Bills fan or I wouldn't be here. What makes an optimistic person more of a fan than a person who takes a more realistic view?

Just stating some observations and opinions. That's all. And I really, really, really hope I'm wrong!

Edited by Mark80

I hate people like u (d-bag) Take a look at UR first sentence, F'n genius! U r a terd. Don't post it makes u look more like a tard! Just a heads up ther BUB! Also it is a fan board not Engrish class, i really think people care about getting ther point across then using proper engrish. If u can get something across that is all that matters.

I will say this. While I don't know that 10 - 6 is a reasonable expectation for the year I do think we're much better than people think. I think this years team is significantly better than the team we had last year. The same team that lost 4 games by a field goal to playoffs teams, 3 of which were in overtime. Vegas has the over/under at 5.5 and I'm taking the over. We do have a tough schedule but we had that least year. 6 wins is reasonable, 8 is possible, I'd be very surprised if we got to 10. I would not be surprised if we won one of the four games against the Jets/Pats. We've been very close the past couple years in atleast one game with the Pats.

Good job man, you're really smart. I'm sure those huge grammatical errors made the post indecipherable to all the readers. Good thing you showed up and cleared it up for everyone.

I don't know where you get the arrogance take. I myself am a huge Bills fan or I wouldn't be here. What makes an optimistic person more of a fan than a person who takes a more realistic view?

Just stating some observations and opinions. That's all. And I really, really, really hope I'm wrong!

I find it interesting that you would call someone arrogant after your original post.....a "bills fan" who hopes he is wrong while he slams optomistic bills fans for thinking the team might be better.

Its that time of year.....if you are already counting on a losing season....hope you are not putting out a lot of money on NFL Sunday ticket or actual game tickets.