Jared Gaither

PS 56

I have heard a lot about how week we are looking at left tackle, yet Jared Gaither is still out there and available. Yes, he missed all of last year, but if the guy can pass a physical shouldn't we be looking at him? I'm interested in the board's take on him as a legitimate free agent.....

He's available because he's a mess physically. And no, he's not better than what we have now.

PTR

if he ever gets healthy he'd be way better than we got now.

If I thought he'd get healthy by next year I'd sign him and stash him on IR - if the Bills are thinking of trading Evans then they are still in total rebuilding mode anyways.

I have heard a lot about how week we are looking at left tackle, yet Jared Gaither is still out there and available. Yes, he missed all of last year, but if the guy can pass a physical shouldn't we be looking at him? I'm interested in the board's take on him as a legitimate free agent.....

If he could pass a physical he'd be a Raider right now.

if he ever gets healthy he'd be way better than we got now.

If I thought he'd get healthy by next year I'd sign him and stash him on IR - if the Bills are thinking of trading Evans then they are still in total rebuilding mode anyways.

That would be true...if medical science could regrow body parts. And Jared would need a new back.

PTR

I'd like Shawn Andrews for RT so we can groom Hairston slowly for the swing tackle role. I think he has a good 5 years left and he played good last year. Supposedly he is past his depression problems as well. Don't know why he isn't getting any looks....anyone know something about that?

He's not legitimate. Always hurt, can't play a full season, and most important....can't pass a physical. There are reasons why he is still out there. If he could play he would be signed.

He's not legitimate. Always hurt, can't play a full season, and most important....can't pass a physical. There are reasons why he is still out there. If he could play he would be signed.

Starting to look that Gaither may be done, at least for this year. Whats the rule on passing physicals? Does failing in Oak mean he can't pass anywhere else? McCargo failed in Indy but was back on the roster in Buffalo. Are there legal lability issues for the teams that might be scaring them off?

Starting to look that Gaither may be done, at least for this year. Whats the rule on passing physicals? Does failing in Oak mean he can't pass anywhere else? McCargo failed in Indy but was back on the roster in Buffalo. Are there legal lability issues for the teams that might be scaring them off?

Each team is different but I think you're correct about teams being scared off.

If Gaither could pass our physical there would be no down side to signing him. I highly doubt that would happen. Shawn Andrews could pass a physical, and is also one of the most underrated free agents out there. This guy can still play, and whoever signs him this year will find that out. We will hang back and let Ed Wang get Fitzpatrick killed before we do that though. I am so sick of hearing that "we went after Clabo". Does that mean we are automatically exempt from pursuing another tackle LOL. Obviously, we felt as though we needed Clabo if we were going after him, so why does the search completely end at that position when we don't get him?? Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Edited by coseybedaman