Allen Wilson

JohnC

I have recently learned that Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News is in Roswell Park Cancer Center being treated for Leukemia. I noticed that he wasn't reporting on the Bills during this usually busy time for him. Allen Wilson has a straight forward and sometimes understated style in his reporting. Although he has covered a very flawed franchise for a long time I have never observed him to be unfair or unreasonably harsh in his coverage. I have a very high regard for the way he covers sports in general and the clarity in which he writes about it.

He and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish him the best.

Well best wishes to him for certain

However, live in the public eye and your life, just like the athletes you cover, is fair game both professionally and personally. when reporters stop using anonymous sources to get info on health, personal issues, and other off the field issues, their lives are fair game as well in this digital age. I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm saying it's reality.

Major violation. Was this info released in paper?

It was in the paper in more vague terms. I think it was Bucky Gleason in a column asked for thoughts and prayers.

I really like Allen's writing and love him The Sports Insiders. He was sick a few years ago, too, and I'll say a prayer for him.

I have recently learned that Allen Wilson of the Buffalo News is in Roswell Park Cancer Center being treated for Leukemia. I noticed that he wasn't reporting on the Bills during this usually busy time for him. Allen Wilson has a straight forward and sometimes understated style in his reporting. Although he has covered a very flawed franchise for a long time I have never observed him to be unfair or unreasonably harsh in his coverage. I have a very high regard for the way he covers sports in general and the clarity in which he writes about it.

His work has always been well written. Will add him to my church's prayer list and lift him up in prayer.

He's by far the best regular Bills beat writer/columnist on staff at the Buff News. Allen, you're in our prayers.

providing this thread a bump. get well soon, Big Al.

quite dull 'round here on the sidelines at camp without you.

jw

I could always come keep you company down there...

Adding to the prayers for Allen's complete recovery.

He's by far the best regular Bills beat writer/columnist on staff at the Buff News. Allen, you're in our prayers.

A lot of people in the sports reporting business focus more on gimmicks and sizzle to draw attention to themselves. With Allen Wilson there is a clarity and austerity to his style that let the facts stand out where even a layman can quickly grasp the point.

As much as I enjoy his writing I even more enjoy his video reporting, especially when responding with other commentators. He simply and clearly answers the questions or makes his points that can be easily understood.

There were a couple of occasions where I e-mailed him on some football issues. I appreciated the fact that the responded back to me.

Not knowing him personally but just from reading and watching him you get the sense that he is a solid and good person. As I stated in a prior posting my prayers are with him and his family.

A friend of mine knows him and told me about the situation about a month ago. He asked me and RevNJoisy to pray for him. - And we have!

Get well soon, Allen.

-RichNJ & RevNJ