How to watch football online this year

saundena

I figure that I'll be proactive this time around and not try finding a link 10 minutes before a game starts :) SO, how do we go about watching streamed NFL games this year? I remember that ATDNE.net got shut down last year; I had the best luck with them. Are there any newer alternatives out there? I spent 80% of the time outside the US of A, therefore any suggestions will have to work internationally!

Edited by saundena

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know someone in Bills game viewing area, you can get a Slingbox or something similar and connect it there and "sling" it to your computer. That's what I did (my bro actually game me a PCTV To Go box), so I'll at least be able to see all 8 away games and the soldout home games. :thumbsup:

ATDHE was only shut down at it's .net domain

it still operates at .tv

all of the sites that were available last year will be available this year. just at slightly different addresses

does this site really work for bills games?? like can i cancel my sunday ticket package for it? i'd really love to know from anyone who's watched games there in the past, because i got laid off this summer and would love to save the extra cash. thanks everyone!

does this site really work for bills games?? like can i cancel my sunday ticket package for it? i'd really love to know from anyone who's watched games there in the past, because i got laid off this summer and would love to save the extra cash. thanks everyone!

It works but it's somewhat unreliable. Feeds cut off, get disrupted for copyright, they tend to stream a minute or two behind the actual action, etc etc. If you don't mind switching 3 or 4 times per game and missing a half a quarter of the game as a result, then it should be good. If you're the kind of fan who needs to see every play start to finish, you'd probably want to stick with your NFL Ticket.

Edited by wardigital

It works but it's somewhat unreliable. Feeds cut off, get disrupted for copyright, they tend to stream a minute or two behind the actual action, etc etc. If you don't mind switching 3 or 4 times per game and missing a half a quarter of the game as a result, then it should be good. If you're the kind of fan who needs to see every play start to finish, you'd probably want to stick with your NFL Ticket.

thanks bossman! much appreciated

Plus they tend to be fairly poor quality. Very pixelated if you try to go full screen. Better than nothing, though.

I figure that I'll be proactive this time around and not try finding a link 10 minutes before a game starts :) SO, how do we go about watching streamed NFL games this year? I remember that ATDNE.net got shut down last year; I had the best luck with them. Are there any newer alternatives out there? I spent 80% of the time outside the US of A, therefore any suggestions will have to work internationally!

I don't know if they still have it, but I thought you could watch games live through NFL.com, but only if you were outside the US and Canada. It was either free of very affordable ($40/year?). I haven't looked this up in a couple years since I'm inside the US. It was called "Game Fan" or "Game Pass" or similar.

These sites get shut down all the time, but they ALWAYS pop up again with a similar name at a different domain. Atdhe and channelsurfing.net are still out there but they are at different sites. Just google them. Those two sites worked great last year. I live in the Albany area, so we got about 50 percent of the games on TV last season, the other half I watched on my laptop, worked very well for me. You just have to be willing to and know how to search for the best stream, and they usually don't pop up until literally a minute before kickoff, so it can really test your patience. Also, if you have an older or otherwise crappy computer, it may not handle the stream very well.

Another option is NFL rewind. It's NOT live stream, it's recorded and you watch later. I'm on the West Coast so the games are released late Sunday EST so it's perfect time for me to watch when the kids & wife are off to bed. I just have to avoid the TV so as to not get any scores before I watch.

It's basically the same time I'd watch the games when I had NFL ticket. I'd just tivo them and watch them in the evening anyways.

price is reasonable at $30-$40 or so. IIRC.

ATDHE was back up within hours of it being 'shut down'. It has a .tv domain now

What you really want to FInd is the pRoper SiTe that will ResOnate With you on a perSonal level. The one that you feel a Part Of a Real community. That will give you the moSt enjoyment out of finding a Stream and not just another DOTCOM.

Edited by NyQuil

Is there any downside to having sopcast installed?

None that I have noticed, on the plus side they are usually the ons streaming at the highest bitrate which allows the clearest picture esp when viewing full screen.

What you really want to FInd is the pRoper SiTe that will ResOnate With you on a perSonal level. The one that you feel a Part Of a Real community. That will give you the moSt enjoyment out of finding a Stream and not just another DOTCOM.

Well done sir! Haha