The Lack of addressing the TE position

Then there's the ... Bengals, Falcons, Seahawks, ... that have never been to or won a superbowl just like the Bills.

Bengals have been in 2 Super Bowls, the Falcons have been to 1 as have the Seahawks. None of them have ever won, but they have been.

Why is everyone around always so freaked out about Tight Ends. COACH GAILY DOES NOT DO TIGHT ENDS. He does 5 wide and stuff like that. Adding a Tight End to this team would be adding a guy that spends most of his time on the sidelines while the 5 wide unit is in.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the pessimist label sometimes, but this is just off.

If you hate the Bills so much, and consider them the worst franchise ever, why watch?

If you asked a lot of players and coaches, I would not be too surprised if one out of every 3 said Buffalo was the worst franchise. It is what it is and hopefully change is coming sooner than later. The thing is....for Buffalo, pretty much EVERYTHING has to go right for them to have a successful season.

I hate fans who take solice in the fact that the Bills may not be the worst organization in pro Football.

All other teams try to compete. Ralph has given up. Twenty million under the cap?

Have you seen our offensive line?

No right tackle , no left tackle, cast off at tight end. Why?

Obviously the Bills are a better team if they have a better TE.

But great TEs cost great money. Since Chan's intended scheme doesn't rely a lot on the TE, it would be foolish to tie up a lot of salary cap space on a TE.

That's my guess of what they are thinking at OBD.

I hate fans who take solice in the fact that the Bills may not be the worst organization in pro Football.

All other teams try to compete. Ralph has given up. Twenty million under the cap?

I'm pretty sure it's just to piss you off.

GO BILLS!!!

I am pretty sure you can't build a team overnight. THey also reportedly offered Clabo 7mil a year, when he ended up taking 5 from Atlanta.

I am also confident that RT, RG, QB and probably another ILB will be addressed next year in the draft. Spending money does not equate to winning games. See Dan Snyder's Redskins. Also, there are other teams with similar cap numbers to us.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Whoa, this thread is making me look like an optimist...

[scary whispering voices a la "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"]

joinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinusjoinus

[/scary whispering voices a la "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"]

Bengals have been in 2 Super Bowls, the Falcons have been to 1 as have the Seahawks. None of them have ever [/b]won[/b], but they have been.

the fact is that the Bills "horrible" organization has been to just as many Superbowls as these 3 teams combined. None of us has won one. "winning isn't easy in the NFL". Like I said, there's other teams like the Jags, Panthers, Browns, Lions and Texans and I'm sure there's a few more but that's just off the top of my head. Let's not forget about the medias incredible JETS that haven't been there since Joe Namath, yet they are a favorite to win it all just about every other year.

I don't understand why the pessimistic people on this board even bother watching Bills games. If you all hate them and doubt them so much why don't you just pick a new team. One that's expected to be in the big game every year. That way you will never be routing for a loser organization.

Bye!

Dolphins and Redskins have Super Bowls and have the financial backing and will get it right sooner then the Bills will.

Ok the Bengals? We are tied for last! YES!!!...give yourself a pat on the back! :rolleyes:

Dolphins and Redskins had different front offices since their super bowl days. Back then we had Polian who was among the best guys u can possibly have so quit your whining.

Dolphins and Redskins are among the poorest run teams in the NFL by far. Way worse than the Bills.

:nana::angry::wallbash::thumbdown::rolleyes:

Game. Set Match.

Did i say model?

Your kool aid sunglasses for the Bills are strong...enjoy 5-11.

or the Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, et al. They all suck ass. We have a lot of company -- just as you have a lot of whine to you.

I wish everyone would stop making excuses for this team. I love them, and have loved them as long as I have been able to intelligently watch a football game. However, to sit here and say that this front office has a commitment to winning is a joke. We have a commitment to selling tickets, and making as much money as possible WITHOUT PUTTING IT BACK INTO THE TEAM. The original poster was definitely correct in a few things he said. I mean seriously, the last 10 days watching every last team in the NFL scramble to improve themselves and we do virtually nothing. We replace our decent LB with another decent LB, and we add a WR which is our only depth on the entire team. Say what you want about Miami, Washington, Cincinnati, etc, but those teams at least TRY to compete. Those teams have at least made playoff runs in the past 10 years. Those teams have won their division or atleast come real close THIS DECADE. All of them have gone to the playoffs several times. To argue that we are the worst franchise in the NFL is borderline ignorant. Its clear as day. We have the longest playoff drought in the entire NFL. I still love them, and spend hundreds to thousands a year on merchandise, and tickets, etc, but really guys. This organization makes a mockery out of the die hard fans that pour our heart into this team.

You're right, you know way more about offense than Chan "I got something out of Tyler Thigpen" Gailey.

He did so by making liberal use of.....his TE, Tony Gonzalez.

Lot of revision of history going on with "Chan doesn't use TE's". Without Gonzalez, there's likely no "Chan did magic with Thigpen" stuff endlessly being repeated here.

Chandler is tall. That's about it. He has been cut before game 1 on 2 different teams. He has caught one pass.

I wish everyone would stop making excuses for this team. I love them, and have loved them as long as I have been able to intelligently watch a football game. However, to sit here and say that this front office has a commitment to winning is a joke. We have a commitment to selling tickets, and making as much money as possible WITHOUT PUTTING IT BACK INTO THE TEAM. The original poster was definitely correct in a few things he said. I mean seriously, the last 10 days watching every last team in the NFL scramble to improve themselves and we do virtually nothing. We replace our decent LB with another decent LB, and we add a WR which is our only depth on the entire team. Say what you want about Miami, Washington, Cincinnati, etc, but those teams at least TRY to compete. Those teams have at least made playoff runs in the past 10 years. Those teams have won their division or atleast come real close THIS DECADE. All of them have gone to the playoffs several times. To argue that we are the worst franchise in the NFL is borderline ignorant. Its clear as day. We have the longest playoff drought in the entire NFL. I still love them, and spend hundreds to thousands a year on merchandise, and tickets, etc, but really guys. This organization makes a mockery out of the die hard fans that pour our heart into this team.

Making excuses? How about your f'ing nitpicking? You are laying past failures on Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey and the simple fact is that you know jack ****. How about a paragraph every now and then?

A f'ing blind man can see that in the last two seasons this team has begun turning a corner. No team has had more turnover. You build from within. When you have a glaring hole--you fill it in free agency. Ala Barnett. You want the latest and greatest shiny free agent? Not me--already lived through that hype bs with Donahoe.

I don't see any glaring holes from what I saw at the end of last season and what we acquired in the draft.

I think Chandler has enough upside for me at TE.

He did so by making liberal use of.....his TE, Tony Gonzalez.

Lot of revision of history going on with "Chan doesn't use TE's". Without Gonzalez, there's likely no "Chan did magic with Thigpen" stuff endlessly being repeated here.

Chandler is tall. That's about it. He has been cut before game 1 on 2 different teams. He has caught one pass.

Check your facts before you start spewing mindless bs. The reason Thigpen did so well in 08? Was because all Gailey had to work with was Bowe and Gonzalez. There was nothing else. Bowe and Gonzalez were about even on the season. They had a healthy run game as well. It was hardly Gonzalez by himself.

We have a stellar WR core. Who needs a f'ing TE that cannot block?

Edited by Show Me The Baby