Unexpected cuts on the way?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the cowboys will cut Josh Thomas and the raiders will cut Trevor Scott and they can come back to buffalo!

Good find sjbf!

Hope something good and unexpected happens.

The Bills are still $23 million under the cap… I'd like to see them spend some of that money!

Hope something good and unexpected happens.

The Bills are still $23 million under the cap… I'd like to see them spend some of that money!

There's a roster spot for one more WR

"The teams in the red are: Raiders ($15,246,000); Steelers ($8,597,000); Lions ($7,793,000); Cowboys ($6,671,000); and Texans ($3,358,000).

By tomorrow at 4:00 p.m., there should be no teams in the red."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/cap-room-snapshot-as-of-thursday/

Interesting, my brother brought this same scenario up to me today... there's the potential for some quality guys to be victims of cap space.

Two sayings that appear to be the mainstays of the Bills philosophy:

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" and

"If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts...."

Oh yeah, then there's "Wait 'til next year!"

We have decent we need great, imagine if we had picked Bulaga and Veldheer instead of Spiller and Troupe in 2010, man our line would be sick;

LT Veldheer

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Urbick

RT Bulaga

Ok, but who mans the Nose as KW is playing end?

"The teams in the red are: Raiders ($15,246,000); Steelers ($8,597,000); Lions ($7,793,000); Cowboys ($6,671,000); and Texans ($3,358,000).

http://profootballta...as-of-thursday/

I think it's very probable the Bills have a list of guys they think might wind up on the cutting room floor, and we can expect action. Whether we'll like the action we see is another issue.

I would really feel so much better if the Bills had pursued a strong FA OT, on the other hand I ain't a coach or a scout and we all know FA OLs always work out great (*cough* Peters *cough) for the acquiring team.

Urbik just doesn't look good out there from what I hear.

I would also feel better if the Bills would apparently have some faith in their scouting of players who don't have lightning bolts or fish on their uniforms (eg strong prior connection to Bills coaches/staff)

But then, maybe the overdue firing of Modrak and revisions in the personnel department indicate that they realized that and are moving towards building a scouting department on which they can rely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/cap-room-snapshot-as-of-thursday/

Lol, how the F are the Raiders that far in the red? At least we have Al Davis to make Ralph look good...

Ok, but who mans the Nose as KW is playing end?

Hopefully not Troup, he is awful. Jasper or Dareus

Edited by Turbosrrgood

We have decent we need great, imagine if we had picked Bulaga and Veldheer instead of Spiller and Troupe in 2010, man our line would be sick;

LT Veldheer

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Urbick

RT Bulaga

IMAGINE IF WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN TOM BRADY OR JOE MONTANA!!!?!??!!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?? OMG!!!!! NGATA, ORAKPO, MATTHEWS,CLADY, OHER!!!!! WTF!!!!!! WE'RE DOOOMED!!!

Get over it already, it's an old sad act.

IMAGINE IF WE WOULD HAVE TAKEN TOM BRADY OR JOE MONTANA!!!?!??!!? WHAT WERE WE THINKING!?!?!?? OMG!!!!! NGATA, ORAKPO, MATTHEWS,CLADY, OHER!!!!! WTF!!!!!! WE'RE DOOOMED!!!

Get over it already, it's an old sad act.

Lol

Edited by Turbosrrgood

i look at that raiders team and honestly can't figure out how they are that far over the cap. The optimist in me wants to think that Nix has known a couple big names could be cut today and saving his big move for today but the pessimist reminds me of ralph.

And the Steelers just spent a mint on Woodley. Not sure of the structure but he got 5 years 61 mil.

Lol, how the F are the Raiders that far in the red? At least we have Al Davis to make Ralph look good...

Hopefully not Troup, he is awful. Jasper or Dareus

Troupe has played one year and he is already "awful". Come on man.