Unexpected cuts on the way?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Troup showed virtually nothing last year. Rookie or not, if you got the talent to cut it in the NFL, you need to show some flashes at least. Troup didn't.

I know a lot of posters are saying he is great in camp. EVERYONE in camp is in the best shape ever, looks like a pro bowler, etc...........then the season starts and nothing

he actually showed some flashes during the pitt game. i remember him and kw on the line together and him taking a double team and kw bull rushed his way onto roethlisberger. I've never seen Mccargo do anything close to that. I think troupe is gonna be solid for us.

I understand what you are saying. However, you say you would love for Troup to prove you wrong, but I get the sense that you are not exactly cheering for Troup as much as you are for Dareus & Jasper.

I am cheering for Troup, just not expecting much from what I have seen. Everyone seems to think he will make a miraculous improvement this year, I hope they are right. While it would be sweet if Jasper could actually turn into a dominant DT, he's still a long shot too. I just hope he makes the team to start. I think we all have very high hopes for Dareus, he is a freaking monster.

Troup was bad last year. He played with terrible leverage and didn't have the necessary core strength to hold it down against NFL centers and guards. They say the biggest leaps occur between year one and two, and this is that time frame. Hopefully the reports on him adding strength & bulk will combine with what he learned in the trenches last year. I'm waiting to see a bit of a sample from this year before I label him anything.

Exactly...If he can transform himself into a dominant player this year like everyone seems to expect, that would be great. I am just commenting on what I saw last year.

I know everyone is saying "he looks great in camp!", but sorry that doesn't mean very much to me. We hear that every year about guys, only for them to disappear come game time. Everyone was raving about how Spiller looked in camp this time last year.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ok, but who mans the Nose as KW is playing end?

Kyle is and would still be the nose and we could have drafted mount Cody as well, we have Jasper and we could have signed Aubrayo Franklin. Trust me most people would take that O-line over loosing one guy off the defense in a heart beat.

Getting off topic, wasn't there a report done on Troup's progression throughout the season. I know it exists but can't remember what site did the article.

Yeah, it was BuffaloRumblings. They talked mostly how his body was way too high during the season, but that he learned (was taught) to lower it as the year went on, and did get better with that leverage. Carrrington, too, although he was a quicker study, it seems, and a different position.

Kyle is and would still be the nose and we could have drafted mount Cody as well, we have Jasper and we could have signed Aubrayo Franklin. Trust me most people would take that O-line over loosing one guy off the defense in a heart beat.

The same mt. Cody that has struggled to keep his weight down, ran the slowest 40 time by a drafted DT since 95, had 13 tackles last season, and was called out by coach Harbaugh for his poor play?

Now explain to me how why Franklin shakes fear into an offense when he couldn't even get a multi year deal w/ the aints?