We should trade for Bengals first if we want Luck

Pete

The Bengals are horrible and will be lucky to win two games this year IMO. Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton and can't miss IMO. I would do whatever I could to get that Bengals first pick. We don't have much of value to trade. I am a big Lee Evans fan and the Bengals have a need at WR (and everywhere else). What about swapping first round picks with the Bengals and adding Lee Evans? That would give us the best shot at Luck and our WR's would still be Johnson, Nelson, Easley, Jones, Roscoe, Roosevelt- not to mention Brad Smith and CJ. What other team in the running for the Luck sweepstakes besides Cincy? The trade is an unprecedented gamble with little to lose and huge upside. Cincy would probaly be insulted. Do you think Cincy would go for it?

The Bengals are horrible and will be lucky to win two games this year IMO. Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton and can't miss IMO. I would do whatever I could to get that Bengals first pick. We don't have much of value to trade. I am a big Lee Evans fan and the Bengals have a need at WR (and everywhere else). What about swapping first round picks with the Bengals and adding Lee Evans? That would give us the best shot at Luck and our WR's would still be Johnson, Nelson, Easley, Jones, Roscoe, Roosevelt- not to mention Brad Smith and CJ. What other team in the running for the Luck sweepstakes besides Cincy? The trade is an unprecedented gamble with little to lose and huge upside. Cincy would probaly be insulted. Do you think Cincy would go for it?

Swap first round picks for next year's draft before this season starts? Hilarious.

The trade is an unprecedented gamble with little to lose and huge upside.

Unprecedented gamble, little to lose? I'm not sure how you reconcile the two ideas, but there's plenty to lose. What if Cincinatti is bested by Denver or Carolina or any other team out there? If Peyton goes down in week 1, how do you like the Colts odds with Painter on deck? Has Cleveland gotten that much better? Feeling warm and fuzzy about Cam Newton? Should Denver part with Orton and promote Tebow they could be favorites to tank. And the Lions are still out there? How can you sleep on the Lions? I haven't even mentioned the NFC West yet. This is only one side of the gamble with little to lose.

Luck has yet to play his senior year and his draft status could certainly change. What if Luck pulls a Jake Locker or Brian Brohm and fails to impress in his senior year? What if Luck gets hurt? What if another player outperforms Luck and he slides back a few slots? Ridiculous.

Edited by Jauronimo

There is literally no player on our roster who would get a first-round pick in return. Teams don't part with those lightly.

The question was SWAP 1st rd picks, tossing in Evans to spicen up the deal. They won't PART with anything except -perhaps- a few places down the draft order.

Anyway, as other posters say, I think it's waaaay too early to pick who will be dead last after the year, thus an unprecedented concept. By the time the world figures out who sux the most, that team knows it as well and is looking forward to next year and a high draft position.

Sound familiar..:unsure:

With our Luck, we'd do the trade & end up with the worst record & Cincy would get our pick, which would be Luck, & Evans.

Besides, nobody trades out of the #1 pick with a Luck type player available unless it's after the player is drafted & he refuses to go to the team.

Do you really think Luck will view the Bills as a viable option if he wants out of Cincinnati? Get Real.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

I've also spent a lot of time examining possibilities for the 2012 draft class (the Bills have to be in the market for one next year, right?). But I don't think the Bengals are the team we should worry about getting ahead of us. Especially since they snatched up Andy Dalton this year.

Personally, I think the Redskins have the worst lineup in the NFL... and it's not even close. And since they are currently debating between John Beck and Rex Grossman at the quarterback position, they will be in desperate need of a quarterback.

Another team to worry about is Seattle. They made the playoffs last year with a losing record and weren't even as good as the 7-9 mark indicates. This year, they will be counting on Tarvaris Jackson. I'm sure they will be in the market for a quarterback next year.

Miami and Oakland are also entering 2011 with very poor quarterback situations. And I could see the Bills ending with a better record than either of them.

Other distinct possibilities are Cleveland and Denver. Colt McCoy will get the chance to prove he's capable of handling the starting job, but if he stumbles, the Browns might be willing to move on. The Broncos drafted Tim Tebow in the first round last year, but then cleared out the front office. I think he will get a chance to show his stuff this year. But the team's new management is not tied to him.

I cannot think of a sane reason why Cincy OR Bills would do that. This scenario assumes the Bengals would only trade for a player worthy of the price, which then indicates that IF said player is worthy of the price the Bengals would win more games, thus taking draft slot out of the #1 (aka Luck) position. No winners in that trade.

Edited by Max Fischer

I've also spent a lot of time examining possibilities for the 2012 draft class (the Bills have to be in the market for one next year, right?). But I don't think the Bengals are the team we should worry about getting ahead of us. Especially since they snatched up Andy Dalton this year.

Personally, I think the Redskins have the worst lineup in the NFL... and it's not even close. And since they are currently debating between John Beck and Rex Grossman at the quarterback position, they will be in desperate need of a quarterback.

Nope--it's Cincy. The rats have left that sinking ship. Worst coach in the league. Clueless ownership.

Save this chatter till 3/4 the season is over. I'm willing to see if Fitz is going to continue his production from last year. Just imagine what he would've done last year with a veteran O-Line. If he continues to tear it up, I'd pass on Luck and address other needs.