We should trade for Bengals first if we want Luck

Pete

Nope--it's Cincy. The rats have left that sinking ship. Worst coach in the league. Clueless ownership.

I beg to differ, aside from QB the skins all around have a worse lineup. The Skins have no RB, no WR's, a O line arguably worse then the Bills and their defense is even more depleted

Things could still change for both teams as free agency still isn't over.

Bottom line is Marvin Lewis isn't going anywhere, but who knows how long Shanahan will survive with Mr can't wait as the owner.

Then again, John Beck at QB :lol:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/WAS/washington-redskins

The Bengals are horrible and will be lucky to win two games this year IMO. Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton and can't miss IMO. I would do whatever I could to get that Bengals first pick. We don't have much of value to trade. I am a big Lee Evans fan and the Bengals have a need at WR (and everywhere else). What about swapping first round picks with the Bengals and adding Lee Evans? That would give us the best shot at Luck and our WR's would still be Johnson, Nelson, Easley, Jones, Roscoe, Roosevelt- not to mention Brad Smith and CJ. What other team in the running for the Luck sweepstakes besides Cincy? The trade is an unprecedented gamble with little to lose and huge upside. Cincy would probaly be insulted. Do you think Cincy would go for it?

If the Bengals have the #1 pick why would we want to trade with them, They just drafted Andy Dalton 35th overall they probably wont be looking to draft a QB. Chances are we will most likely be drafting pretty high again too, Maybe we should let Luck play his senior year out before we get to crazy.

The Bengals are horrible and will be lucky to win two games this year IMO. Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton and can't miss IMO. I would do whatever I could to get that Bengals first pick. We don't have much of value to trade. I am a big Lee Evans fan and the Bengals have a need at WR (and everywhere else). What about swapping first round picks with the Bengals and adding Lee Evans? That would give us the best shot at Luck and our WR's would still be Johnson, Nelson, Easley, Jones, Roscoe, Roosevelt- not to mention Brad Smith and CJ. What other team in the running for the Luck sweepstakes besides Cincy? The trade is an unprecedented gamble with little to lose and huge upside. Cincy would probaly be insulted. Do you think Cincy would go for it?

No Bills fan should ever say another team is horrible with a straight face. We drafted before them last year? There is no guarantee that we wont next year either. For one, the Bengals don't need Lee Evans, especially as much as we do, they drafted a WR #4 in the draft and drafted a couple last year along with a good tight end. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Is there any reason that the Bengals won't suck? Maybe, they are one year removed from sweeping the toughest division in football. We are more than a decade from even being competitive in our division. By your theory, it would be possible that we trade a higher draft pick and Evans for a lower draft pick. Our FO isn't always the brightest, but even they aren't that stupid. If they draft #1 and we draft #2 or vice versa, which is possible, they wont pick a QB anyway, they like Dalton that they just drafted.

Edited by billsfreak

talk to me after the season. I forgot about how bad the Redskins are. It will be a two team race for Luck

Stick to your guns. I agree with you.....the Bengals are absolutely horrible. They have no chance in hell this season.

If the Bengals have the #1 pick why would we want to trade with them, They just drafted Andy Dalton 35th overall they probably wont be looking to draft a QB.

The Bills haven't caught on to this yet, but the QB is the most important player on the team. By a wide margin. So, most teams will ignore the fact that they have a good prospect on their team when a potential franchise QB is available with their pick. Remember when Carolina wasn't supposed to be interested in a QB because they just used an early second rounder on Jimmy Claussen? If it were the Bills, you might have a point though. They haven't picked a QB with their first seleciton in any draft since 1960.

The Bills haven't caught on to this yet, but the QB is the most important player on the team. By a wide margin. So, most teams will ignore the fact that they have a good prospect on their team when a potential franchise QB is available with their pick. Remember when Carolina wasn't supposed to be interested in a QB because they just used an early second rounder on Jimmy Claussen? If it were the Bills, you might have a point though. They haven't picked a QB with their first seleciton in any draft since 1960.

We trade up to get Luck and he'd do what Kelly did in 1983 and pretty much refuse to play for us