UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

Earth is the anomaly. I'm not saying there isn't life elsewhere. I'm just saying no life capable of communicating with us.

....or....we can't communicate with it? I'm as certain as possible (but apparently less certain than you) that there's life out there. It's a big place. But I have no idea what it looks like or what it is capable of.

Edited by Augie

....or....we can't communicate with it? I'm as certain as possible (but apparently less certain than you) that there's life out there. It's a big place. But I have no idea what it looks like or what it is capable of.

Maybe you're right, but I couldn't care less.

The NASA announcement yesterday said that something might be 40 light years away. Nobody is ever going to see it or communicate with it even if it is there. Looking for life on other planets is the second biggest waste of money I can think of.

The NASA announcement yesterday said that something might be 40 light years away. Nobody is ever going to see it or communicate with it even if it is there. Looking for life on other planets is the second biggest waste of money I can think of.

I do agree that 40 light years seems impossibly far away.

Today.

It wasn't long ago Columbus risked sailing off the edge of the flat earth. Now we drive remote control cars on Mars. I have no idea what could be possible if we manage to not annihilate ourselves in the next thousand, or million, years. But today? I'm not expecting a post card any time soon.

Edited by Augie

I do agree that 40 light years seems impossibly far away.

Today.

It wasn't long ago Columbus risked sailing of the edge of the flat earth. Now we drive remote control cars on Mars. I have no idea what could be possible if we manage to not annihilate ourselves in the next thousand, or million years. But today? I'm not expecting a post card any time soon.

Maybe someone should spend money on continuing to steal the Area 51 tech from the crashed spaceship so we can fly 40 light years to somewhere else. Then try to figure out where to fly.

Real answer: NASA's ROI is perhaps higher than any other governmental enterprise. We are still reaping the benefits of the Apollo missions in terms of the technology that had to be invented, much of it with applications far beyond space travel, just to complete the trip. While you certainly have a point that studying something 40 light years away is not likely to have tangible benefits to the average Joe on the street, I would hesitate to classify it as a waste of money.

Thread answer: We -- and by "we" I mean the Secret Space Programs -- have the technology to not only get there and back in our lifetimes but to go much farther. :ph34r:

Maybe someone should spend money on continuing to steal the Area 51 tech from the crashed spaceship so we can fly 40 light years to somewhere else. Then try to figure out where to fly.

:P:beer:

Beat me to it.

If you walk that thought out some more you might be surprised at what sort of revelations you uncover...

Real answer: NASA's ROI is perhaps higher than any other governmental enterprise. We are still reaping the benefits of the Apollo missions in terms of the technology that had to be invented, much of it with applications far beyond space travel, just to complete the trip. While you certainly have a point that studying something 40 light years away is not likely to have tangible benefits to the average Joe on the street, I would hesitate to classify it as a waste of money.

Thread answer: We -- and by "we" I mean the Secret Space Programs -- have the technology to not only get there and back in our lifetimes but to go much farther. :ph34r:

:P:beer:

Beat me to it.

If you walk that thought out some more you might be surprised at what sort of revelations you uncover...

Yeah, but that Area 51 spaceship must not have been very good because (a) it crashed, and (b) we've been studying it for 60 years and all we got is Moon mission.

As far as NASA's ROI - I agree with you for the most part, especially since their budget has been cut so far back.

Edited by snafu

I could go to Hawaii for dinner tonight, and finish with dessert in Hong Kong, then home and in bed early. Is that what you mean? :)

(My wife won't even consider Hawaii :(. )

Yeah, but that Area 51 spaceship must not have been very good because (a) it crashed, and (b) we've been studying it for 60 years and all we got is Moon mission.

:lol::beer:

For the purposes of this thread I'll speculate a bit here and say there's a chance we got much, much more than a moon mission from the various crash retrievals that have (allegedly) occurred. Roswell was the most famous, but not the first nor the most significant. In fact, the Cape Gerardeau crash in Missouri predated Roswell by 6 years and was allegedly far more extensive in terms of the tech recovered.

If you can make the leap that craft actually were recovered (a big leap, I grant you) then step out that time line a bit and see where it gets you... In 1947 Truman signs the National Security Act and compartmentalizes much of this research. This was designed to keep the public from panic and to allow these companies and scientists to continue their research free from congressional oversight or budgetary restrictions. For the next 60+ years the technology is studied, advanced, reverse engineered (possibly with the help of actual non terrestrials as some claim happened in Germany in the 1930s). Over that time period the information is more and more compartmentalized, more and more privatized. (Lots of good FOIA documents exist out there on this subject)

With a 60 year head start, and the benefit of starting with advanced tech, these companies and private groups controlling this information could very easily be far more advanced than we can even fathom. The common saying is that the government and military have tech that's 10-15 years ahead of what's available in the commercial sector -- imagine what the difference is with this ET tech. It could mean the groups with access to this tech are 100-500 years ahead of what the conventional military and governments of the world have today.

That means they could very easily have gone well beyond the moon well before 1969. Heck, if they have the means to traverse the solar system, why wouldn't they do so as soon as possible? This, again if true, would open up all sorts of possibilities including colonies scattered throughout the solar system manned by humans from Earth with large scale mining operations throughout the asteroid belt (notice over the past two years the uptick in Asteroid mining bills passing through congress).

All of this sounds completely batty, of course, until you look into some of the evidence. The most compelling of which is economic in nature. There are literally trillions missing from our economy -- that money is going somewhere. Perhaps it's going out there...

This post got sidetracked by work and is all sorts of disjointed, apologies... will try to come back to it...

I could go to Hawaii for dinner tonight, and finish with dessert in Hong Kong, then home and in bed early. Is that what you mean? :)

(My wife won't even consider Hawaii :(. )

There is allegedly tech on this planet right this very moment that could portal you to those places as easily as walking through a doorway. :ph34r::ph34r:

:lol::beer:

For the purposes of this thread I'll speculate a bit here and say there's a chance we got much, much more than a moon mission from the various crash retrievals that have (allegedly) occurred. Roswell was the most famous, but not the first nor the most significant. In fact, the Cape Gerardeau crash in Missouri predated Roswell by 6 years and was allegedly far more extensive in terms of the tech recovered.

If you can make the leap that craft actually were recovered (a big leap, I grant you) then step out that time line a bit and see where it gets you... In 1947 Truman signs the National Security Act and compartmentalizes much of this research. This was designed to keep the public from panic and to allow these companies and scientists to continue their research free from congressional oversight or budgetary restrictions. For the next 60+ years the technology is studied, advanced, reverse engineered (possibly with the help of actual non terrestrials as some claim happened in Germany in the 1930s). Over that time period the information is more and more compartmentalized, more and more privatized. (Lots of good FOIA documents exist out there on this subject)

With a 60 year head start, and the benefit of starting with advanced tech, these companies and private groups controlling this information could very easily be far more advanced than we can even fathom. The common saying is that the government and military have tech that's 10-15 years ahead of what's available in the commercial sector -- imagine what the difference is with this ET tech. It could mean the groups with access to this tech are 100-500 years ahead of what the conventional military and governments of the world have today.

That means they could very easily have gone well beyond the moon well before 1969. Heck, if they have the means to traverse the solar system, why wouldn't they do so as soon as possible? This, again if true, would open up all sorts of possibilities including colonies scattered throughout the solar system manned by humans from Earth with large scale mining operations throughout the asteroid belt (notice over the past two years the uptick in Asteroid mining bills passing through congress).

All of this sounds completely batty, of course, until you look into some of the evidence. The most compelling of which is economic in nature. There are literally trillions missing from our economy -- that money is going somewhere. Perhaps it's going out there...

This post got sidetracked by work and is all sorts of disjointed, apologies... will try to come back to it...

There is allegedly tech on this planet right this very moment that could portal you to those places as easily as walking through a doorway. :ph34r::ph34r:

The first bolded part -- you take the bait easily and I like reading your posts. :beer:

The second bolded part -- try graft and kickbacks.

The first bolded part -- you take the bait easily and I like reading your posts. :beer:

The second bolded part -- try graft and kickbacks.

Graft and kickbacks certainly are a big part of it (if not the entirety of it). Unquestionably. I'm looking for a specific interview that breaks down the economic indicators that there is a massive program (possibly space based) sucking up the majority of this money -- I'll post it when I find it. It's worth a listen even if just for entertainment value --

-- Found a good substitute until I find the other interview.

That was the wrong video. Will keep looking.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• 2 weeks later...

In the past few years, he's now asked both Clintons, Obama, and now W:

It would be more entertaining for him to ask Trump.

Look folks, these aliens. they're dangerous, dangerous. You know why they're here right? To take Earth jobs and Earth girls. We need to build a Dyson Sphere. It's gonna be yuge. You'll love it

For the deniers out there my question is why does NASA shut off the live feed of the ISS every time a craft-like object comes into view?

We know water and atmospheres exist on some other planets. Throw some sunlight into the equation and what do you get? Life.

Edited by gatorbait