Osi UmenYiora

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills will have too high of a pick to risk that, I bet the Jets throw it at them since it should be in the late 20s for a pick. Would love to have a pass rush here though......

I agree, if the Bills weren't a good bet to get a top 5 pick again in 2012, but were expected to be in the 20's or so, it would make sense. Our pick is going to be too high for him.

Living in Jersey I watch the Giants quite frequently. While obviously Osi is a talented player with very quick feet and great closing speed I have reservations about him. If The Giants were trading say Justin Tuck for a 1st rd pick I'd be on that like white on rice regardless of potential draft spot. Again I feel Osi is good, but has been blessed to basically be the cleanup man for Strahan and now Tuck.

I don't think he is worth a top 10-20 pick in the draft next year. At least not o owing what we will have at that time in some key positions, as well as the DE position itself with Carrington. Not to mention that we might have Troupe comi g on this year and starting at DT and moving Williams and having Dareus start at DE. We might be wasting a high pick for something we already have. Osi is good, but I just see us as overstocked on the DL now and wouldn't want to chance the progression of Trouoe, Carrington, Dareus, Jasper

If we get him, odds are we would draft higher. So, it's a chicken & an egg thing. I personally feel our improved parts are a total of our record & anything that improves the team on defense has to reasonably obtained. Osi would improve us on defense without much doubt, therefore it's silly for us not to attempt to get him on a long term deal. Osi also had 11.5 sacks last year, which is nearly as many as the Bills had as a team collectively. Let's keep all of this in mind.

I agree, if the Bills weren't a good bet to get a top 5 pick again in 2012, but were expected to be in the 20's or so, it would make sense. Our pick is going to be too high for him. Andrew Luck.

Fixed.

If this is true, he'll be a Pat* before the end of the week. They desperately need a pass rush, are converting to the 4-3 and have an extra #1 (Saints) to burn.....

And Belichek will probably fleece the Giants for a 5th round draft pick.

I agree, if the Bills weren't a good bet to get a top 5 pick again in 2012, but were expected to be in the 20's or so, it would make sense. Our pick is going to be too high for him.

Trade a second round pick that escalates to a first if our pick is lower than say 15.

Trade a second round pick that escalates to a first if our pick is lower than say 15.

Do we not care about him being a 4-3 end without a position on our team, are we hoping he can play OLB, or are we banking on switching to the 43 with this proposed trade?