Buffalo Bills and Life

Who we are as a person is reflected in every aspect of our lives... It can be observed through the likes of these message boards, emails, facebook posts, tweets, daily conversations, real life interactions, what kind of worker or work environment you provide, how you drive your car, your family life, and so many more.. But nothing shows what kind of person you are better than how you look at the world, and the only person who can judge that is you personally.. Are you the type of person who finds faults with everything? Do you wish things are different than they are? Or are you generally optimistic? Can you look at the free agents available and make solid points to sign a guy without getting so emotionally attached to your genius decision that you get all upset with the whole organization for not seeing what you see? Can You look at Merriman with a big smile and hope? Can you see how good the D-line could be as is? Do you see an upgrade with the guys we have, only because of a year in the system? Do you believe in Nix, Gailey, and Wanny? Do you see that there are 2 3rd rd picks battling it out at RG? Do you look at Fitzpatricks numbers and compare them to brees and hope the progression is the same? Do you look at Spiller as the ultimate weapon? Do you believe in Stevie Johnson? Do you think that Wilson will make us forget Whitner? Do you see our great depth in the secondary? Do you see the money that is available to keep this thing together? Are you a true Bills fan? Optimistic about the team.. Or are you in more need of some personal growth than a message board to sound off all of your negative nonsensical opinions? Blabbing out all kinds of awful anti Bills rants, calling yourself factual??? Do you torment yourself by looking at next years QBs? Are you crying over Pos? Are you still hung up on Maybins innefectiveness? Are you constantly in need of the next big signing to be happy? Do you feel like you could honestly do a better job than Nix? All I'm saying here is the only person who can really ask themselves what kind of fan you are, is YOU! I personally am optimistic all of the time! And I don't write very much around here any more... Its just so negative all the time here. I BILLIEVE! I DO! EVERY DAY, I BILLIEVE, I USED TO BILLIEVE IN YOU! I havent given up, and the best news about all of my rant is that we change every second of every day, and if you want to change you can, I do still billieve in that and you for that matter... GO Bills! I love the new CBA, and am feeling very very optimistic about this season?

I am a very optimistic person in life, and use to be with the Bills up until about 12 years ago. Since then I've gone from optimistic, to scratching my head, to confused, to angry, to you've now got to prove you care about winning. I can only be misled for so long until I finally stop believing the company line and have to see the proof.

I want to optimistic, I really do, but I reserve my blind faith for those deserving of it.

To me, it's just a game. And still is.

If anything, being a Bills and Pittsburgh Pirates fan over the last 25 years has taught me patience, faith, the importance of hope and not taking things for granted. It's been a learning experience. It makes the good times feel just a bit better.

I feel that fans of the Bills will not, and never have, taken the successful years of this franchise for granted.

Optimistic yes, delusional not anymore. I have some faith they are building something good and have a plan but it is kind of early and this team has had some really bad history.... So I am an optimistic realist. Hope for the best, expect whatever happens and plan for the worst. It is the only way I have made it through 45 years of BB football thus far. A lot of people don't know the good times and have good team/owner envy, it is hard not to get bitter I guess. And we still need to make more moves before the season (said in a most optimistic and not bitter way).

If you can't be optimistic at this time of year, there is no point in being a football fan, period.

I think that is a very ignorant thing to say.

Similar to the blind faith ppl have in their religion, in makes no sense.

The Buffalo Bills organization has shown for over a decade that they are inept, and don't even belong in the same league as many of the other teams.

The blind optimism of many Buffalo Bills fans really shows how clueless they are, how they lack common sense.

No wonder why WNY & NYS have been an economic failure for so long, it's full of a bunch of people who wish for things to happen even when the facts that contradict that line of thought are right in front of their faces!

Hoping the Bills are good every year, only to see them fail (which can be deduced be looking at all the information you have about the organization and roster before training camp) is akin to hoping you go to heaven for saying your prayers every night, never mind the fact that religion was created & rewritten many times over by man. Just ignore that part and keep praying...

Fans like these have enabled Ralph Wilson to be a sucky owner for decades.

"Thanks for the kick in the balls Sir Ralph, may I have another?"

The Buffalo Bills organization needs to prove they are worthy of our support, and optimism. They can only start to do that once Ralph is gone. And that's only if he is replaced by a competent owner, no gurantee you don't get another idiot...

Edited by ETD66SS

I'm with you, Dan.

Gotta admit, though, I'm having a tough time keeping my kids Billieving.. They're like 'Yeah, OK, DAD Billieves.. whateva..'

The Bills lost an entire generation of potential fans by their ineptitude over a decade plus.

If you were living in Rochester lets say and at age 8 took interest in NFL ball and it was 2000.

Now your 19 years old..why would you like the Bills over Pats, or Steelers or Giants or Jets?

They gave you nothing to be excited about-At all....

My bother has 2 boys who are 12 and they could care less about The Bills and live in OP.....

There is still hope to convert them into fans as they dont have a team.

Damnit it was exciting to be there from 87-99....

The Buffalo Bills organization has shown for over a decade that they are inept, and don't even belong in the same league as many of the other teams.

The blind optimism of many Buffalo Bills fans really shows how clueless they are, how they lack common sense.

No wonder why WNY & NYS have been an economic failure for so long, it's full of a bunch of people who wish for things to happen even when the facts that contradict that line of thought are right in front of their faces!

Hoping the Bills are good every year, only to see them fail (which can be deduced be looking at all the information you have about the organization and roster before training camp) is akin to hoping you go to heaven for saying your prayers every night, never mind the fact that religion was created & rewritten many times over by man. Just ignore that part and keep praying...

The Buffalo Bills organization needs to prove they are worthy of our support, and optimism. They can only start to do that once Ralph is gone. And that's only if he is replaced by a competent owner, no gurantee you don't get another idiot...

^^^

[just doesn't get it]

To paraphrase Clint Eastwood in "Unforgiven":

All right now, I'm gonna post. Any fan I see out there, I'm gonna kill 'im. Any sonofabitch has a positive take on the Bills, I'm not only gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends. Burn his damn house down. Nobody better be upbeat!

Regards

ETD66SS

The Bills lost an entire generation of potential fans by their ineptitude over a decade plus.

If you were living in Rochester lets say and at age 8 took interest in NFL ball and it was 2000.

Now your 19 years old..why would you like the Bills over Pats, or Steelers or Giants or Jets?

They gave you nothing to be excited about-At all....

My bother has 2 boys who are 12 and they could care less about The Bills and live in OP.....

There is still hope to convert them into fans as they dont have a team.

Damnit it was exciting to be there from 87-99....

It can happen. I have 3 kids in Rochester, aged 10 and 12. So they have not seen anything but **** out of OBD either. But they are still Bills fans. In fact they are all going to camp today, we are all going Thursday night, and will be there for the kids day preseason game! :)

Edited by CodeMonkey

You got me. I am completely ignorant of what complex it is that compells whining, negative, self deprecating, self pitying, sorrowful pessimstic individuals to proclaim support for an organization or team they constantly trash, berate and criticize.

Me, I follow football because it's an interesting game and as a homer, even though I moved away from the buf weather and economy long ago (rather than not and whine about my victim status), I pull for the bills and always will. Ralph owns an NFL team and is a billionaire so i bet you could learn a lot more from him than he could from you…

Right now everyone is undefeated, rookies are total unknowns, free agency is ramping up and everyone is healthy. If you cant be optimistic now, what is the point??

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Well at least I hope you feel better now (honestly).

But I notice that posts like this don't seem to have any cathartic benefit… the same people tend to rant over and over again.

I agree with the OP. I find it hard to believe that the numerous chronically negative posters are happy, well-adjusted people.

I say this because I see ranters in real life… people miserable and pissed-off about politics or whatever. These people don't easily "turn on their happy switch."

Negativity of spirit seems to be a difficult attitude to compartmentalize, in my experience.

Well put Dan. Football is supposed to be fun. If your team is good that's great. If they suck, hey. You look fwd to the draft and what they might develop into. Despite going 4-12 last year it was a lot of fun to watch SJ break out, Fitz grow in front of our eyes, and a bunch of written off scrubs put a scare into some of the best teams the NFL had to offer. It does kind of suck being dissappointed every year, but the great thing about sports is that it really doesn't matter. If it ever stops being fun I'll stop watching.