Maybins Usefulness??

I wanted Orakpo. Two years later, it still hurts.

I was told by family members watching the draft that they could hear the following on the broadcast:

When the Bills went on the clock, myself and a group of a couple dozen bills fans, including MRags and MarkVaderr, gathered at the front of the balcony inside Radio City Music Hall. The entire time the bills were on the clock, we carried on a seriously loud chant of O-RAK-PO. When the Bills selected Maybin, our chorus of boos was significantly louder than the chant had ever been...

I sat there on draft day, SCREAMING at the TV telling the bills to get Orakpo

And I wanted Ngata. And nobody wanted Kyle Williams in the first four rounds. Imperfect science even though I think at time TBD would have outperformed Jauron & co.

All that matters is if he can be a top 53 Buffalo Bill this year. I have some doubts that he will be, but he still has a chance.

I'm not at all saying he will be better or good this year at all. But.... I am wondering how he will do with much more beef up front with What will likely be Dareus, Williams and Troupe on the field all at once. And let's not forget some insight from the Stache And Merriman at that position. Like I said, I in no way think he will be better but I am interested to see what happens. I guess I'm just still hoping we can get something out of the kid.

I was told by family members watching the draft that they could hear the following on the broadcast:

When the Bills went on the clock, myself and a group of a couple dozen bills fans, including MRags and MarkVaderr, gathered at the front of the balcony inside Radio City Music Hall. The entire time the bills were on the clock, we carried on a seriously loud chant of O-RAK-PO. When the Bills selected Maybin, our chorus of boos was significantly louder than the chant had ever been...

I've got to admit Devl, I was pretty optimistic and actually pleased we got Maybin. Was never sold on Orakpo just because he was a workout warrior. Boy was I wrong. At least for now. I'm still holding out hope that he will do something. This year is the year that's for sure. Other than Maybin getting drafted though it was a great draft to be at with you guys. Everytime I watch the Blindside I always get a little smile and say "I was there, I got to see that"

Really he is only a major fail at the defensive system employed to date. Transitioning to a different position or scheme can add a year to development. With the Bills finally having a solid gut apparently, the out side defenders with speed will create mis-matches. Will Maybin Succeed? He is a superb athlete, and he has a chance.... it depends a lot on how this "hybrid" defense actually is used.

He is not an athlete he is a workout warrior... very very different