Ocho Cinco going to the Pats

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One side of me says w/ the two TEs they got, Welker underneath, and Branch on the other side this is trouble. Another side of me says Ocho is overrated and really kind of more personality than problems for the D. All in all, I'll reserve freaking out until later. Maybe this offseason is the one where the Pats finally fall flat on their face like everyone else in the league w/ these reclamation problems!

This and Hayensworth deal both make the Patriots a better team this year, but I don't think either is tremendously relevant to the Bills chances of upsetting the Pats this year (we will rightly be underdogs in both games), or of a miracle 10-6 return to the playoffs. It does make the Pats a little older, and a little more salary-cap constrained over the next couple years.

No matter how loaded with talent the Pats* get they won't be able to escape the 18-1 season until they win another Super Bowl, IMO. Add all the Pro Bowlers you want, but they have not produced championships with them on the roster the past six seasons.

I know we should be so lucky as Bills fans to have that issue.

Wow Bellichek is getting desperate now that he can't cheat.

Bite your tongue! Belichek is a GENIUS who knows how to resurrect the careers of veteran players.

If you don't believe me take it from the all the media types after they get done with all their slobbering.

GO BILLS!!!

One side of me says w/ the two TEs they got, Welker underneath, and Branch on the other side this is trouble. Another side of me says Ocho is overrated and really kind of more personality than problems for the D. All in all, I'll reserve freaking out until later. Maybe this offseason is the one where the Pats finally fall flat on their face like everyone else in the league w/ these reclamation problems!

I think you should start freaking out. This was an excellent move. Let's face it folks, when you have your franchise QB you can go have fun with player movement. For those who have followed any of my posts I'm not a doom and gloom guy, and still am not. I just firmly believe we will compete with the likes of the Pats when we find our own franchise QB, or when Brady is done playing.

Eh... the haynesworth signing scares me this does not. Johnson is over the hill and not altogether spectactular he maybe solid at best but I don't expect more than that.

And this is EXACTLY what you said when Moss went to the Pats right?

The Haynesworth signing is scary...the Ocho Cinco one is not. I'm not worried about Chad these days, the guy is a competent #2 with a great marketing campaign. At this point in their careers, I'd take Stevie over Chad every day of the week.

I have my doubts that he'll be on their starting roster honestly.

Edited by BillsGuyBackInMalta

We pounded the hell out of Chad last time he came to Blo...not worried about this signing at all.

We pounded the hell out of Chad last time he came to Blo...not worried about this signing at all.

Did Chad ever have Tom Brady throwing him the ball?

I'd be worried if i were you.

U know what?? I'm just gonna wait and see ur reactions when Chads burning us down the field next year. Hear you guys btch and whine

Edited by DreReed83

Eh... the haynesworth signing scares me this does not. Johnson is over the hill and not altogether spectactular he maybe solid at best but I don't expect more than that.

how is ocho over the hill? 14 games, 12.4 aver, 67 catches with 831 yards on a bad bengals team...with welker and those te's ocho will put up huge numbers this year. they will win a lot of games but i'm not so sure about this being a "team" come january.