Bills interested in OT Tyson Clabo

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clabo's apparently been miffed at ATL for a few months now... maybe there's an actual shot he's not just using us to drive up his price.

http://atlantafalconstalk.com/showthread.php?tid=4090

Plus Chan might do a good sell job on the Bills, being a good 'ol boy and all.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

How many times have you been to Atlanta? One of the coolest parts about Atlanta is that it's a city that still has a town feel to it. How many places can you live IN a city and still have a house with a yard? If you've ever been near the Governor's mansion, that is the opposite of sterile.

And I don't understand the person who complained about the "southern culture" in Atlanta. Atlanta is arguably the most cosmopolitan city in the south. If you live inside the perimeter (285), you don't have to deal with "the south."

And yes, Atlanta has horrific traffic. Worse than LA, in my opinion. But, I can make it from Webster to Henrietta in 20 minutes. Oh joy! Also, places like Rochester and Buffalo are cold from October to April/May. That has a severe impact on QoL IMHO.

Anywho, when do we sign Clabo ;)

I was a graduate student at Vanderbilt in Nashville for a number of years - In total, I have been to Atlanta 10-20 times. I am certainly no expert on the city, and certain parts don't seem sterile at all, but many of the southeastern cities that have developed fairly recently seem to have more than their fair share of strip plazas (including Nashville) and there tends to be less tight grids of streets and more Sheridan Dr or Transit Rd type streets. But again, I am no expert and these are more or less anecdotal observations.

Agreed re Clabo, of course.

I was a graduate student at Vanderbilt in Nashville for a number of years - In total, I have been to Atlanta 10-20 times. I am certainly no expert on the city, and certain parts don't seem sterile at all, but many of the southeastern cities that have developed fairly recently seem to have more than their fair share of strip plazas (including Nashville) and there tends to be less tight grids of streets and more Sheridan Dr or Transit Rd type streets. But again, I am no expert and these are more or less anecdotal observations.

Agreed re Clabo, of course.

this is true if you only hang out in the suburbs and the sprawl. the city itself is lush with culture, restaurants, events, and cool places to spend the day.

ive found this to be the case for most cities ive visited, whether youre talking about San Diego, Miami, Charelston, etc.

stay out of the burbs and out of the sprawl.

As this process drags on..I just heard Michael Lombardi on NFLN say "As negotiations drag out, that almost always means the team the player wants to sign with is no the highest bidder." He was not talking about Clabo, he was making an observation of why negotiations can drag on.

this is true if you only hang out in the suburbs and the sprawl. the city itself is lush with culture, restaurants, events, and cool places to spend the day.

ive found this to be the case for most cities ive visited, whether youre talking about San Diego, Miami, Charelston, etc.

stay out of the burbs and out of the sprawl.

LA might be the major exception. The sprawl and burbs seemed to be where it was at,

Agreed though. If you can't find things to do in a major US city you're likely incompetent or just like to complain.

Overpay him. Screw it.

Thank you my friend. I have been saying this for months. And btw, I think the same of Boss. Actually, I might even prefer him believe it or not. He can block AND provide a big, clutch weapon.

Keeping my fingers crossed. We deserve some good news.

hearing that Clabo is giving Falcons last chance to match #Bills deal

Atlanta Sports:

"It sounds like Tyson Clabo is going to the Bills. Atlanta will have one last chance to match their offer."

Edited by Astrobot