Kevin Boss

I know everyone is clamoring for Zach Miller, but Boss is big, has sure hands and can block. He also wouldn't be as expensive. Would any of you like him? My worries, however, is it doesn't seem that Chan really likes to utilize the TE a la Mike Martz.

I'd love to get Boss, I rather have him than Miller, but really I'd take either one..I THINK Boss is younger by a year or two but I could be wrong, i don't feel like looking it up since we realistically most likely won't get either of them anyway..Chan has stated that he uses his WR's more than his TE's but thats not to say he wouldn't find ways to get one the ball if he felt he had a good one..At this point I'd rather sign a RT than a TE anyway if were actually going to sign someone..

I know everyone is clamoring for Zach Miller, but Boss is big, has sure hands and can block. He also wouldn't be as expensive. Would any of you like him? My worries, however, is it doesn't seem that Chan really likes to utilize the TE a la Mike Martz.

I think he doesn't utilize the TE because we don't have one worth a crap. When Chan was O-coordinator in KC in 2008, Tony G went for 94 catches 1100 yards and ten TDs. :thumbsup:

I'd love to get Boss, I rather have him than Miller, but really I'd take either one..I THINK Boss is younger by a year or two but I could be wrong, i don't feel like looking it up since we realistically most likely won't get either of them anyway..Chan has stated that he uses his WR's more than his TE's but thats not to say he wouldn't find ways to get one the ball if he felt he had a good one..At this point I'd rather sign a RT than a TE anyway if were actually going to sign someone..

Miller is 25 Boss is 27

You know, in another place and time, we'd be expecting to sign both a RT AND a TE AND a couple of quality LB too

If nothing else, one would think a coach of Chan's reported offensive genius could figure out how to add a TE to his blocking scheme and let Spiller try running some routes, instead of the "we must bench Spiller 'cuz if he's in it must be a run" key.

I'd most definitely prefer Miller, but I'd be thrilled with boss. Clabo, miller/boss,

Florence and Barnett would be a stellar group. Wishful thinking, but it looks like we may be interested in all of them. Let's hope. If all of these guys are signed, it's not gonna leave much to extend the contracts of Williams, Levitre, wood and Stevie. Sure hope we cut Kelsey.

Here is the latest from La Canfora:

The Giants and TE Kevin Boss are negotiating a new contract, but there’s no deal yet, according to league sources. Boss is talking to several other teams as well.

The 27-year-old is coming off another steady season in which he finished with 35 catches for 531 yards and five touchdowns. He has at least five TD receptions in each of his last three seasons.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/jason-la-canfora/?module=HP11_cp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

not once since free agency started has a team need versus player availability seem so clear ..the bills need a te that is a threat at any time wheather he blocking or receiving..ZACH MILLER is that guy . a perfect match of team need and a quality first line te ..its more than a longshot it seems but if we can see it the bills must too, it just depends on if the stick their heads in the sand or have the stones to do what everyone seems to believe is a smart and justified move. go bills

not once since free agency started has a team need versus player availability seem so clear ..the bills need a te that is a threat at any time wheather he blocking or receiving..ZACH MILLER is that guy . a perfect match of team need and a quality first line te ..its more than a longshot it seems but if we can see it the bills must too, it just depends on if the stick their heads in the sand or have the stones to do what everyone seems to believe is a smart and justified move. go bills

:thumbsup: