Willie Colon

I love how you lay out a timeline for everybody as if you actually know a single thing about Colon or even have any clue what you're talking about.

Classic... :lol:

I do.

Do you?

Here this might help you get a clue:

On the edge, speed-rushers consistently give Colon a rough time and he isn't as quick off the ball or agile enough to deal with far better athletes. He has powerful hands, but he doesn't always place them as well as he should. His strength is OK, but he doesn't unload his hips or punish defenders as much as his squattier body type would suggest.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/player/scouting/_/id/9717/willie-colon

Here is another assessment from a Steeler's fan:

Anyway, Colon struggled in '07 and '08. So badly in fact that he became the poster boy for the offensive line's struggles. Most of the criticism was deserved, though folks were perhaps too unforgiving of the fact that he'd never in his life come close to facing the caliber of athletic talent that each NFL team has during his high school and collegiate days. In '09, Colon turned the corner. He wasn't perfect, but he improved dramatically, and by season's end was widely regarded as the team's best offensive lineman.

http://www.pittsburghsportstavern.com/forum/showthread.php/9953-Steelers-2011-Free-Agents-Analysis-Willie-Colon

And that guy actually wouldn't mind having him back on the Steelers.

I don't know why you try to call me out when it's clear you don't know anything about the Steeler's O-line or Willie Colon.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do.

Do you?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/player/scouting/_/id/9717/willie-colon

Here is another assessment from a Steeler's fan:

http://www.pittsburghsportstavern.com/forum/showthread.php/9953-Steelers-2011-Free-Agents-Analysis-Willie-Colon

And that guy actually wouldn't mind having him back on the Steelers.

I don't why you try to call me out when it's clear you don't know anything about the Steeler's O-line or Willie Colon.

Good job. thank you for that.

And to Simon, you just went down a huge notch.

I do.

Do you?

blah blah blah blah....

it's clear you don't know anything about the Steeler's O-line or Willie Colon.

Actually I've watched the guy play 20-30 times (which is 20-30 times more than you have), and that includes standing 10 feet away from him and watching him from the Stillers sidelines on gameday.

Feel free to continue passing other people's opinions off as your own but it only makes it even more obvious that you know nothing about him. Reading about guys on the internet and then constantly posting ad nauseum about what you've read doesn't make you look informed; it makes you look like a yappy young fool.

Good job. thank you for that.

And to Simon, you just went down a huge notch.

That's all fine by me, but before you put any stock in what that kid claims to know, you should realize he's never actually watched him play and is just regurgitating whatever he can find about him. He's nothing more than a Google scout with an overactive keyboard.

Actually I've watched the guy play 20-30 times (which is 20-30 times more than you have), and that includes standing 10 feet away from him and watching him from the Stillers sidelines on gameday.

Feel free to continue passing other people's opinions off as your own but it only makes it even more obvious that you know nothing about him. Reading about guys on the internet and then constantly posting ad nauseum about what you've read doesn't make you look informed; it makes you look like a yappy young fool.

That's all fine by me, but before you put any stock in what that kid claims to know, you should realize he's never actually watched him play and is just regurgitating whatever he can find about him. He's nothing more than a Google scout with an overactive keyboard.

Ba......BOOOOOM!!

Saying that someones never watched a Steelers game is just plain dumb.

You haven't bothered to give your opinion, just petty name calling.

Mods should really try to elevate the conversation not act like this nonsense.

You have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to me and the only thing you've proved is you don't know how to have an intelligent conversation.

If you can't tell that An injured Willie Colon is a bad move by the Bills from 10 feet away then maybe you should try moving a little further away it looks like you need to gain some perspective.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to me and the only thing you've proved is you don't know how to have an intelligent conversation.

I didn't say you haven't watched a Stillers game, I said you haven't watched Willie Colon; and you haven't.

You haven't given your opinion either, just repeated what you've read about him.

Getting you to quit babbling about stuff you know nothing about is an effort to elevate the conversation. Shushing overtalkative people who go on endlessly about stuff they only pretend to know about is simply elevating a conversation by removing the excessive detritus.

I've watched Pittsburgh's OL run over people but I've never focused on a particular player but I too am a google warrior and what I've read is he's been a dominate run blocker from the beginning but his pass blocking didn't get there until 2009- as for his injury he'll be more than year away from it by the time the season starts- and he said he could have played in October but football players always say they can play even when they are walking with a limp.

Based on your observations, how do you think Colon would perform if the Bills made him their starting RT?

I didn't say you haven't watched a Stillers game, I said you haven't watched Willie Colon; and you haven't.

You haven't given your opinion either, just repeated what you've read about him.

Getting you to quit babbling about stuff you know nothing about is an effort to elevate the conversation. Shushing overtalkative people who go on endlessly about stuff they only pretend to know about is simply elevating a conversation by removing the excessive detritus.

More unfounded, immature degrading and excuses.

This string without your posts would be detritus free.

My opinion is on page 1 my opinion backed up by others is in page 2.

Care to add some value or just more abusive nonsense?

I'm not sold on Colon simply because Pittsburgh is trying to resign him. Rumor is PItt is thinking of resigning Plaxico, does that mean we should go after him?

He'd instantly become our #1 WR, so if the FO felt the need were there at WR, then yes.

If you can't tell that An injured Willie Colon is a bad move by the Bills from 10 feet away then maybe you should try moving a little further away it looks like you need to gain some perspective.

Get used to this from Simon. For whatever reason, he's a moderator that's been always allowed to act like this. Par for the course with him. Hell, these posts will probably also disappear as usually you can't critcize him for his childish responses either.

Are you Heath Miller that you were 10 feet away from Colon, or do you just make it a habit to go to Heinz Field and focus on Willie Colon despite all that other talent being all over the field? Especially when other good teams come to Pittsburgh like Baltimore, the Jets, NE, etc.

You just a big Colon fan?

I seriously don't think that our O-line would have gotten much worse with his presence. Though this may be part of the ChIx (Chan/Nix) plan to pull in big names who are coming off injuries and hoping that they can get back.

EDIT: changed tense, since he was re-signed.

Edited by That Guy