Sunday NFL Ticket

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reminder! Called in, and they at first low balled me, but I haggled and ultimately ended up with the $150 credit, bringing the Sunday Ticket cost to $173.94, plus he threw in Sunday Ticket to Go (SuperFan) for free for my Ipad! Glad to have my annual call to DirecTV over with :rolleyes:

I've tried to call in the past to subscribe to it but they've never come down on the price. Any advice on what to do?

They're like any other big business with sales/customer service reps and a high turnover rate. You can call and get the answer you did then call back 5 minutes later and get a different rep who'll give you the discount. You've just got to be willing to play the game. Be respectful and be direct. Let them know what you want. Don't threaten, just be honest. If you still don't get what you want, you can always ask for Customer Retention. Often times, they won't let it go that far and will offer you what you want. If you have any other questions I'm sure you could 'PM' Fezmid. He's TBD's resident expert on these matters and the all-around DirecTV guru here.

I've tried to call in the past to subscribe to it but they've never come down on the price. Any advice on what to do?

Re-enforcing what ex-WNYer said if you can't get a discount with the first person you speak to ask for a supervisor or someone associated with cancellations. If you still don't get a positive response don't fret or get frustrated with the person on the line. Wait another day and then try again. As others have stated don't be rude or get belligerent. It won't help your cause.

I've already called to get a discount. The person I spoke to said there won't be any adjustments until a CBA deal is signed. Others have gotten the discount even with the unsigned CBA deal. DirecTv has a lot of contractors working for them so the servicing can be very inconsistent.

I wondered when this would start. Last year I called and right away they gave me like $100 off the top and some move channels to boot. I guess it time to see what I can get this year. Probably nothing, so I guess that leaves it up to Ralph, he needs to put a better product on the field. Go Bills!

I wondered when this would start. Last year I called and right away they gave me like $100 off the top and some move channels to boot. I guess it time to see what I can get this year. Probably nothing, so I guess that leaves it up to Ralph, he needs to put a better product on the field. Go Bills!

Actually this is at least the 2nd thread on this subject in the last two months.

The consumer guerilla tactics are well-documented.

Last year, I missed a couple Sabres games on my DirecTV NHL Center Ice Package due to a minor faux pas. It wasn't a big deal, just a few games, although I usually watch them all, live or on DVR. I called to complain about the few games missed, the CS rep who knew nothing about sports or the issue even though she worked in the sports department there, said to hold on and she would see what she could do. She came back a couple minutes later and said DirecTV was going to credit me the entire NHL season, which was about $150. Unbelievable. I felt great.

For about 25 seconds.

Then I thought, if they can afford to just give me the entire season simply for missing a couple games, they must be ripping me off in astronomical proportions. ;)

DirecTV, in my experience of 15+ years of being a devoted user, has a great product, unbelievably bad customer service as far as calling them and getting things fixed, but if you complain about anything, they will refund you enormous amounts of money, because they make so much off you.

I called on Tuesday and they said they have nothing until the season starts. I can't cancel, can't negotiate a price like last year ($179)until they know the season is "on". Now I"m ticked.

Same here. They would not budge. Also said nothing can be done until season starts.

I just had an interesting discussion with a DTV rep. She told me they aren't prepared to discuss any discounts or offers on Sunday Ticket until the CBA is signed and they know "what kind of a season" we'll have. She asked me to call back once the agreement is in place.

I suppose I could have pushed the issue and asked for a straight "off the bill" discount like I guess some of you have done, but I figure waiting won't kill me.

P.S. When I mentioned the "free to new subscribers" offer she said they did that largely because if the season was canceled, they wouldn't have a lot of refunds to process. Talk about spin!

I called to cancel yesterday. The guy was ready to give me all sorts of pitches.... but I cut him off.

I am moving back to Buffalo this month.... and I wont really be able to settle into a new house until October sometime. Im keeping Directv in my NJ apartment until Im totally moved out... but no use for the Sunday Ticket.