I have a hunch that at 4PM EST today

Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another that the lockout will be over this afternoon. Apparently all sides are in agreement and the announcement will be at 4:00 PM EST.

Take it for what it's worth... which is the word of a guy you don't even know :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthur Blank may agree:

Falcons owner Arthur Blank indicated Thursday morning he believes owners had the votes necessary to ratify a new collective bargaining agreement later in the day, and he is hopeful players will do the same.

"I'm optimistic we'll get their approval, hopefully today," Blank said of the NFLPA. "If not today, the league has the ability to ratify the agreement [from] the owners' perspective subject to the players obviously approving it as well."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlguyPj_AcNiIad.O0NfeopDubYF?slug=pfw-20110721_blank_optimistic_owners_will_ratify_cba_holds_hope

Players struggling to make sense of it all....

Tuesday was the first day that players representing all 32 teams got a chance to see the settlement proposal, and sources said the discussion among them was emotional at times. The players are expected to take a 3 percent to 4 percent annual cut in their share of the revenues, and representatives wanted to know specific details about what players were getting in return.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/20/labor.lockout.players.owners/index.html#ixzz1SlIc1TvO

Probably just some stupid macho posturing to make the owners go first.

no, players weren't presented with an entire deal yesterday. as Mawae has noted, they are not tied to the NFL owners timetable. what happens during the conference call is anybody's guess. and if owners send players a now-or-never ultimatum, well, all bets are off as to what happens.

still many issues on the table, and complicated by competing lawsuits. lots of moving parts to be resolved here, yet.

jw

Say this holds true and the lockout does, in fact, end today...when does free agency begin? Midnight? Or will there be a lag? Anyone...anyone...?

I have heard monday the free agency will start, with a few days in between for teams to resing their own free agents.

No way its done.

It doesn't seem that the NFLPA wants to unionize again.

This is going to drag out for a couple more weeks. I'm going with 4pm on August 4th.

People like to lump this in with UAW vs GM buts its different than that. The players are the ones that want a free market for player salaries.

The Owners are the ones that want a union regulated pay structure.

Edited by Why So Serious?