If Poz leaves, will you be upset??

Scrappy

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Click your heels together three times while repeating to yourself - - We really DID draft Marcel Dareus, Toto, we really DID draft Marcel Dareus, so the run D will be better this year! Then take a deep breath and relax - - there is a third option. A person who is not part of the solution could be part of the precipitate.

For 69 cents, you can buy a button on Amazon to proudly announce it.

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B003RDV470

One of my brother Darryls (the uppity one that knows how to play chess) has one and it looks great! But he shelled out $19.95 for the matching T-shirt, too, so maybe he ain't as bright (or as funny) as he thinks he is.

http://www.snorgtees...of-the-solution

Disclaimer - I did not ask the question, I merely answered it, and this has nothing to do with Toronto! Your mileage may vary. Possible side effects include dry mouth, cancerous brain tumors, persistent posting, halitosis, and LBs who can't cover TEs. Be sure to inform your doctor if you have repeatedly shattered your forearm, as 3 cone drills may be required before you can get a prescription. Any video of an ILB making a tackle behind the line of scrimmage was taken of a professional football player with a decent DL in front of him on a closed course football field. Do not try this at home or in Orchard Park in 2009 or 2010. Void where prohibited.

It's my "Final Answer" (and I didn't use any lifelines). Does Poz win an extra 2.5 million dollars? Or did Merriman already get all the money?

Oh yeah, almost forgot - - I'd keep Poz.

Good stuff. Thanks. I feel better now.

A few Poz points

I remember 2 years ago when we were playing a 4-3 defense everyone said that the 4-3 really didn't fit Poz strong points he would be better in a 3-4. Last year in a 3-4 people were saying this defense doesn't fit his strong points and he needs better players around him. It doesn't seem like any defense really fits him. You know you are not very good when people say you need netter players around you. Good players make players around them better.

-Poz came in the league I didn't see where he was an improvement over his backup John DiGiorgio I actually thought DiGiorgio was better. -

-When he was injured Ellison seemed to make just as many tackles.

-We have been soft in the middle ever since he has been there.

-The kicker for me is that when Poz is out our defense doesn't miss a beat. No matter what scrub they replace him with.

Its time to seriously move beyond mediocrity and let Poz take his talents elsewhere. Do not be surprised to see Chris White as the Poz replacement and improve the position. Anyone that can tackle good, fill the gaps (something Poz has yet to figure out), and has average instincts will improve the position.

Poz is in the top third of inside linebackers in the league

Anybody who would be happy to get rid of him is a mark Sanchez fan

Poz stats aren't that bad considering how much time he missed

He was better than urlacher, hawk, and vilma last year

In fact I think he is top 6-7 in the afc but doesn't get on sportscentef so you phony fans that don't watch every game come of with this ridiculous notion based on what rich eisen thinks.

Dude makes tackles yeah there are not alot behind the line of scrimmage but he doesn't have alot of help.

Kyle Williams is beast and I love him but he is a penetrating nt not a occupy two blockers so poz can Rome free dt.

He isn't the fastest but he does good enough getting sideline to sideline

So go back and watch him chase a running back that kelsay lost contain on down the sideline, never quoting or yelling at the worthless bastard who should be beaten in public

Corner, yobouty Scott maybin carrington Troup Davis torbor McGee mckelvin Edwards kelsay corto Johnson,

I would rather replace all fourteen of them (some with a flathead screwdriver) than poz

Show some damn respect for the two time academic all-American , two time chuck bednarick award winner, dick Butkus award winner, and all around pro who plays with a motor like Aaron schobel and has beautiful hair like clay Matthews

Good to hear from you Mrs. Poz.

As a real fan who watches every game, what's it like sitting next to Jaworski in the film room every week breaking down every Saints/Bears/Packers game?

You can count the number of times KW was singled last season on one hand and we still say he doesn't "occupy blockers" to keep our LBs pure as the driven snow to make tackles.

LBs have to be able to shed blocks. Regularly. It's part of the job description. Ours suck at it. Including Poz.

Then there's the entirely different topic of being able to read your keys and actually GET to a hole BEFORE the RB does. Our LBs suck at that, too. People make it sound like our LBs had to fend off OLmen on every damn snap in order to make a play.

Our LBs as a group missed more plays than they made simply because they aren't consistent play makers. Including Poz.

Please, keep Poz for all the intangibles he brings to the table. That's important and he has plenty to offer in that regard. But stop trying to tell me that he is anything more than an average player in this league.

GO BILLS!!!

Poz is not as good as London Fletcher. If I were to rate on a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being great, then Poz is a 5 and Fletcher a 7. Fletcher has shown he can cover TE's & RB's out of the backfield -- Poz never will. Fletcher moves all over the fleid much better than Poz.

Fletcher is a team leader that stays on the field. Poz is not a team leader and is injury prone.

he's a solid player with good character. He's not the best by far...but you don't have to worry about him. There's also no one all that impressive waiting in the wings to replace him. They need to start adding to the defense instead of blowing it up over and over again. It would be different if there was an obvious replacement/upgrade....but you just know they are going to pick up some washed up FA and a youngblood who doesn't know what he is doing. It would be a pretty dumb/pointless move on Gailey/Nix/Ralph/whoever's end.

You can't make as many tackles as poz without getting off some block for the love of marv

Teams gameplan for whitener poz and williams and it seems most bills fans want to get rid of two of them

What the !@#$ is wrong with you guys

Good question, and a very true statement. The only difference is that you won't ever hear Poz run off with a bad case of diarreha of the mouth like Whitner. Poz isn't the greatest LB in the league, but he is in the top half, and that is more than you can say for just about anyone else on the roster, save Kyle Williams. He does his job and doesn't run his mouth, that is a rarity itself in today's NFL. Wonder if in the late 90's people on this board were trying to run Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, etc. out of town? Now I am not comparing Poz to them, but he does have one thing in common with them-he is one of the best players on the roster, even if the level of "best" is much lower than it was then back then.

Poz does not equal Whitner...The Bills will not get better by letting Poz go...I'm not sure how much better they'll be either...But creating a hole at ILB is not going to do The Bills any good right now...There's just nothing except Rookies and washed up Vets to plug in if Poz goes...At least there is legit depth behind Whitner...

Poz is a Team guy...He's a decent teammate and he's a good representative of the team...He's not a Top 10 ILB, but The Bills are not a Top 10 Team yet anyway...No way should the Bills let Poz walk unless the money is just stupid money... B-)

Poz does not equal Whitner...The Bills will not get better by letting Poz go...I'm not sure how much better they'll be either...But creating a hole at ILB is not going to do The Bills any good right now...There's just nothing except Rookies and washed up Vets to plug in if Poz goes...At least there is legit depth behind Whitner...

Poz is a Team guy...He's a decent teammate and he's a good representative of the team...He's not a Top 10 ILB, but The Bills are not a Top 10 Team yet anyway...No way should the Bills let Poz walk unless the money is just stupid money... B-)

It's this exact attitude why the Bills continue to not make the playoffs, we never get better. If Poz isn't going to get better at his position, why don't we fill his spot with somebody that possibly can ?? It's the very definition of insanity to do the same thing over & over while expecting a different result, as a Bills fan I would say we're all slighty nuts.

Good question, and a very true statement. The only difference is that you won't ever hear Poz run off with a bad case of diarreha of the mouth like Whitner. Poz isn't the greatest LB in the league, but he is in the top half, and that is more than you can say for just about anyone else on the roster, save Kyle Williams. He does his job and doesn't run his mouth, that is a rarity itself in today's NFL. Wonder if in the late 90's people on this board were trying to run Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, etc. out of town? Now I am not comparing Poz to them, but he does have one thing in common with them-he is one of the best players on the roster, even if the level of "best" is much lower than it was then back then.

By what measure is Poz in the top half in the league? Is it his quickness, speed, lateral movement? Reading his keys? Beating a runner to the hole? Pass defense? The way he raises the game of everyone around him?

Let me guess, it's his number of tackles, right? Please.

I love his intangibles and his work ethic, leadership, and classy way he goes about his business. But after watching him for four years in two schemes with multiple personnel combinations and packages on the field and in every game situation there is, nothing in his play has indicated to me that he's anything more than an average player in the NFL.

Perhaps it's coaching. Perhaps it's the change in schemes. And yes, it would help to have Pro Bowlers in other positions around him. Maybe Wannstache can turn it around for him. I don't know. What I do know is that he hasn't progressed much in his career. Indeed, he seemed to regress last season.

BTW, I don't recall anyone trying to run Kelly, TT, or Bruce out of town. And nobody is trying to run Poz out of town, either. Least of all, me. I've said numerous times his intangibles are worth a lot to the Bills. I'm just offering an honest assessment of his play. That's all.

GO BILLS!!!

By what measure is Poz in the top half in the league? Is it his quickness, speed, lateral movement? Reading his keys? Beating a runner to the hole? Pass defense? The way he raises the game of everyone around him?

Let me guess, it's his number of tackles, right? Please.

I love his intangibles and his work ethic, leadership, and classy way he goes about his business. But after watching him for four years in two schemes with multiple personnel combinations and packages on the field and in every game situation there is, nothing in his play has indicated to me that he's anything more than an average player in the NFL.

Perhaps it's coaching. Perhaps it's the change in schemes. And yes, it would help to have Pro Bowlers in other positions around him. Maybe Wannstache can turn it around for him. I don't know. What I do know is that he hasn't progressed much in his career. Indeed, he seemed to regress last season.

BTW, I don't recall anyone trying to run Kelly, TT, or Bruce out of town. And nobody is trying to run Poz out of town, either. Least of all, me. I've said numerous times his intangibles are worth a lot to the Bills. I'm just offering an honest assessment of his play. That's all.

GO BILLS!!!

Simple name 15 inside backers that are better, you can't

Look at urlacher, mayo, Harris, farrior, vilma, brackett, mcClain, d.j.Williams, Cooper, lofton, jones, whoever plays inside for the browns, crowder, Tulloch, Clark, levy, spikes, Hayes, tatupu, hawk, bishop, henderson, and on and on.

People will argue urlacher, mayo, and Harris are better but I don't see it. They don't make game changing plays, infact the only mlb's that you can truly say are better are Willis Timmons Lewis beason and maybe one or two more.....

But wait get this those guys have probowlers infront of them or next to them. And let's say you think Harris is better, which he is not look at the rest of his team

Let's say you think urlacher is better, he blew goats with Briggs and peppers at his side

Let's say you think mayo is better, which he is not he has wilfork belichek and didn't make any game changing plays either

Bottom line is it's a spread 'em out world we live now and the middle linebacker isn't what it was so let's focus on the dline/ outside linebackers and a pass rush so that poz doesn't have to play 100 snaps a game and get some three and outs....... I'm LOOKING AT YOU KELSAY!

You worthless excuse for a football player

It's this exact attitude why the Bills continue to not make the playoffs, we never get better. If Poz isn't going to get better at his position, why don't we fill his spot with somebody that possibly can ?? It's the very definition of insanity to do the same thing over & over while expecting a different result, as a Bills fan I would say we're all slighty nuts.

You over value the LB position with the stronger D-line we now have. Poz doesn't have to do nearly as much with upgrades. All of his liabilities deal with the injuries he continues to sustain.

Edited by BmoreBills

Simple name 15 inside backers that are better, you can't

Look at urlacher, mayo, Harris, farrior, vilma, brackett, mcClain, d.j.Williams, Cooper, lofton, jones, whoever plays inside for the browns, crowder, Tulloch, Clark, levy, spikes, Hayes, tatupu, hawk, bishop, henderson, and on and on.

People will argue urlacher, mayo, and Harris are better but I don't see it. They don't make game changing plays, infact the only mlb's that you can truly say are better are Willis Timmons Lewis beason and maybe one or two more.....

But wait get this those guys have probowlers infront of them or next to them. And let's say you think Harris is better, which he is not look at the rest of his team

Let's say you think urlacher is better, he blew goats with Briggs and peppers at his side

Let's say you think mayo is better, which he is not he has wilfork belichek and didn't make any game changing plays either

Bottom line is it's a spread 'em out world we live now and the middle linebacker isn't what it was so let's focus on the dline/ outside linebackers and a pass rush so that poz doesn't have to play 100 snaps a game and get some three and outs....... I'm LOOKING AT YOU KELSAY!

You worthless excuse for a football player

Let's just say you and I watch football games in a different way and leave it at that.

GO BILLS!!!

We must keep POZ at all costs

You can't let go a white LB from that great LB school, Penn State

Especially when Marv gave up extra picks and passed on David Harris to get him

Doesn't really matter that he is slow, can't cover and makes no impact plays

What a stupid post. Poz was one of the most decorated LBs in college football history.

Sporting News Big Ten All-Freshman (2003)

Second-team All-Big Ten (2004)

2× First-team All-Big Ten (2005, 2006)

2× First-team AP All-American (2005, 2006)

2× First-team Academic All-American (2005, 2006)

Dick Butkus Award Winner (2005)

2× Chuck Bednarik Award Winner (2005, 2006)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Posluszny

So save the racial crap. And let's compare Poz with the great David Harris.

Poz - 45 games, 398 tackles, 8.8 tackles/game, 3 sacks, 14 passes defended, 4 Ints, 4 forced fumbles. http://www.nfl.com/player/paulposluszny/2495712/profile

Harris - 59 games, 7.3 tackles/ game, 14.5 sacks, 2 Ints, 10 passes defended, 5 forced fumbles. http://www.nfl.com/player/davidharris/2495621/profile

And which system would you rather play in if you're a LB:

- Dick Jauron's Cover 2 and then switching to a new 3-4 under a 1st year DC

or

- Rex Ryan's (I hate him but he is the best in the business) blitz happy defense, beyond Jenkins, next to a pro bowl ILB in Scott, and with the best corner in football.

But it's all Poz's fault. <_<

What a stupid post. Poz was one of the most decorated LBs in college football history. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Posluszny

So save the racial crap. And let's compare Poz with the great David Harris.

Poz - 45 games, 398 tackles, 8.8 tackles/game, 3 sacks, 14 passes defended, 4 Ints, 4 forced fumbles. http://www.nfl.com/player/paulposluszny/2495712/profile

Harris - 59 games, 7.3 tackles/ game, 14.5 sacks, 2 Ints, 10 passes defended, 5 forced fumbles. http://www.nfl.com/player/davidharris/2495621/profile

And which system would you rather play in if you're a LB:

- Dick Jauron's Cover 2 and then switching to a new 3-4 under a 1st year DC

or

- Rex Ryan's (I hate him but he is the best in the business) blitz happy defense, beyond Jenkins, next to a pro bowl ILB in Scott, and with the best corner in football.

But it's all Poz's fault. <_<

I love you

Poll

Who is the Greatest Penn State Linebacker of All Time?

13%

Shane Conlan

120 votes

0%

Andre Collins

4 votes

1%

Brian Gelzheiser

12 votes

16%

Lavar Arrington

146 votes

0%

Brandon Short

3 votes

33%

Paul Posluszny

300 votes

7%

Dan Connor

71 votes

1%

Dennis Onkotz

17 votes

22%

Jack Ham

202 votes

3%

Greg Buttle

32 votes

907 votes | Poll has closed

5 comments  |  0 recs  | 

And by the way the great jack ham himself said poz is the best linebacker to ever come out of linebacker u and I'm pretty sure he knows better than us

Edited by Defend Greece