If Poz leaves, will you be upset??

Scrappy

Based on everything Buddy sez, I expect Poz to be starting at ILB next year with no bigtime FA ILBs signed. Buddy sez he wants to keep the good guys we have and not lose them to FA like we've done in the past. He's also not real big on FA (a mistake IMHO, but it is what it is). I'm good with that.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about finding replacements for guys we have who are not very good?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on everything Buddy sez, I expect Poz to be starting at ILB next year with no bigtime FA ILBs signed. Buddy sez he wants to keep the good guys we have and not lose them to FA like we've done in the past. He's also not real big on FA (a mistake IMHO, but it is what it is). I'm good with that.

Perhaps we should be more concerned about finding replacements for guys we have who are not very good?

EXACTLY! Thats how you build a team.

In the case of ILB, I believe we found our new starter in Kelvin Sheppard. Cant wait to see what he and Dareus can do on the field this year...

The Bills can do better. He's not an impact player or a difference maker. He'd be a very good college linebacker where everybody is a little slower. Let's face it, Poz is not fast enough or good enough. It doesn't mean he's bad, but just not good enough.

They don't have anyone on the roster who is better. Who is better in free agency that they will sign?

THIS is a perfect example of how you flounder in mediocrity for over a decade...

So your option are 1. Pay PP #51 10 times what you will pay Sheppard for doing the same job. That makes sense. Or 2. Don't keep this stiff and be able to replenish through free agency

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

So your option are 1. Pay PP #51 10 times what you will pay Sheppard for doing the same job. That makes sense. Or 2. Don't keep this stiff and be able to replenish through free agency

You realize there are TWO ILBs on the field at once, right? So if Sheppard replaces Poz, then who plays the other side?

Andra Davis was a hot 3-4 LB last year, and how'd he do? Torbor was a 3-4 Free Agent, howd he do? Both played worse than Poz, but everyone was high on them based on name alone, and because they "werent the scrubs we already had".

Exactly which Free Agent do you suggest we bring in that will be better than Poz?

The last time I asked this, I didnt get an answer, only the complete list of Free Agents. The first of which was AJ Hawk who ISNT A FREE AGENT...

Edited by DrDareustein

I couldn't care less how much money they pay these guys. They're all grossly over paid as I see it. It's not my money. I'd rather see old Cheap Ralph over pay Poz and us win 1 more game or two than save the $$ and have another dismal season. Really, we have absolutely 0 idea what Sheppard can do. If he lasted until the 3rd round, then obviously a lot of teams had questions as to if he has game or not.

I couldn't care less how much money they pay these guys. They're all grossly over paid as I see it. It's not my money. I'd rather see old Cheap Ralph over pay Poz and us win 1 more game or two than save the $$ and have another dismal season. Really, we have absolutely 0 idea what Sheppard can do. If he lasted until the 3rd round, then obviously a lot of teams had questions as to if he has game or not.

I don't think Sheppard is a great player. He seems to make alot of tackles but no big plays. No, we don't know what he can do but we know what Poz can't do. Maybe because I own a business I have a slanted perspective that you don't pay a guy 10 times more for a guy who can do the same job. didn't mean to ruffle feathers. But they can better spend their money on a FA QB/TE/OL than on a LB that has proven to be mediocre. Just my opinion.

You realize there are TWO ILBs on the field at once, right? So if Sheppard replaces Poz, then who plays the other side?

Andra Davis was a hot 3-4 LB last year, and how'd he do? Torbor was a 3-4 Free Agent, howd he do? Both played worse than Poz, but everyone was high on them based on name alone, and because they "werent the scrubs we already had".

Exactly which Free Agent do you suggest we bring in that will be better than Poz?

The last time I asked this, I didnt get an answer, only the complete list of Free Agents. The first of which was AJ Hawk who ISNT A FREE AGENT...

We don't know who the free agents are going to be yet. do we? i haven't heard that an agreement has been met. If that's the best use of their money and there is NOBODY out there that can replace this guy then the Bills are in deep trouble. Maybe Poz will be better with Dareus and Troup causing havoc up front. I sure hope so. But he has done nothing to impress too many people other than Big 10/Penn St. hacks. Guess we'll know more want the CBA is complete.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

We must keep POZ at all costs

You can't let go a white LB from that great LB school, Penn State

Especially when Marv gave up extra picks and passed on David Harris to get him

Doesn't really matter that he is slow, can't cover and makes no impact plays

Really hard to argue with that. Is Harris FA by chance. anybody know ?? Thanks.

To many holes to create another one. Youre only as good as the people around you. If we get some more talent on defense he will be better

Ever consider he might be one of the holes ?

Can't build from the draft if you can't resign your own players.

I agree he is average to slight better, but he is easily one of our top 4 starters on defense possibly top 2. Given that how can you rate his overall production without saying he could be better.

I am excited to see what he can do with a solid LB coach. I think he can still be taught to play smarter. I also think he would be better with more skilled players around him.

According to everything we have heard about the new CBA the Bills should have a few days of exclusive rights to sign him. If they don't they low balled him, or he didn't really want to be here. I'm not sure I see him playing for less thouh, it's human nature.

As long as it's not too excessive I would not be happy if we didn't resign him.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't keep him. He's a high character guy that makes a lot of tackles.

Exactly. Poz may be just a very good linebacker NFL wide, but on this team he is a superstar who will only get better if they ever put quality players around him.