NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

Frankly, I think they look pretty good, but to be honest ANYTHING would look pretty good next to that garbage I've been looking at the past 10 years.

Still in all, there's no denying, the road to victory is nigh....

Step 1. Introduce new uniforms.

Step 2. Cut Brian Moorman

Step 3. Win!

Good for you! :thumbsup:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO… what have we learned about this organization's ability to keep things under wraps?

Were the blue roadie pants an intentional leak?

Have the Bills succeeded in attaining a Belichickian level of secrecy?

I was hoping for something similar to 1974-1983. These look like ones from the '60s. I don't mind...I like them just had different hopes.

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/g_ojsimpson_576.jpg?w=250

Edited by nucci

Huge upgrade.

Still not as good as the unis that we wore in the Super Bowl years.

In the end, I am just happy that we got rid of the horrible unis we have had during this lost decade of losing.

Agree with everyone else - where are the blue pants?

Agreed...disappointing...but an improvement...love the new helmet. Not crazy about the white/white thing....hey, it wouldn't be the Bills if they got everything right! :lol:

Maybe in a few years, since they listen to the fans now, they will have a "blue pants" unveiling! :P

So. To summarize here....

- The size of the helmet decal is roughly the same as it was on the red helmets. The leak from the other week was, as most people figured, was of a replica helmet, which usually have smaller logos than the authentic Riddell Pro Line ones.

- The socks are different from the Madden 12 leak. That game had players in white jerseys & blue pants wearing blue socks, which was out of balance and looked like ****. The white uni set tonight had a white version of the socks....

- .... But curiously absent were blue pants. (I'm not against against this, actually. I'm not a fan of the blue pants, and it would eliminate any chance of there being a royal-blue-monotone atrocity). The all-white set from the 50th anniv. AFL set looked awesome last season.

- The navy piping/drop shadow(?) on the jerseys worn by the retired players (very likely replica jerseys) was considerably larger than the piping on the soldier models, which ostensibly were authentic jerseys. They will probably look better when watching on the HDTV and the navy piping fades into the shot b/c of the distance.

- On the soldier models (who were wearing shoulder pads), the sleeve stripes appeared in practicality to be curved over the shoulder almost like the Colts' jersey striping, rather than staying remaining on the upper-arm section of sleeve. I wonder whether this was as planned, if they had trouble fitting the jerseys over the shoulder pads and whether it will sort itself out as each individual player has their jersey tailored specifically.

- To my eye, the front numbers were just set too low, being knocked down by an overly-buffered 'BILLS' word-mark. I think the charging buffalo logo above the nameplate and on the pant-stripes is overdoing it just a bit.

- Can't tell for sure, but it does look like the numbers are screen-printed, not tackle-twill / stitched.

So, this is the gist of what was unveiled and some minor nit-picks. A huge improvement over the 2002 navy set and white-with-navy-yoke jerseys. Gotta say that I still prefer the throwbacks, though.

Either way, I'm not going to be plinking down ~$200 for a piece of cloth with a number on it that will see light wear. I stopped wearing jerseys in high school; I mean, c'mon....

Edited by UConn James

That was his number in college. Maybe they made a deal?

I thought that too....normally those 'deals' are made a big 'deal' and publicized. They tend to be entertaining ie. trips to Disneyland, remodeling of houses, and purchasing of cars.

Nonetheless; It caught my eye. B-)

Why is Spiller's Jersey number 28? Are the Bills planning on cutting McKelvin?

Why is Spiller's Jersey number 28? Are the Bills planning on cutting McKelvin?

I thought that too....normally those 'deals' are made a big 'deal' and publicized. They tend to be entertaining ie. trips to Disneyland, remodeling of houses, and purchasing of cars.

Nonetheless; It caught my eye. B-)

In the other thread, the user called Pebble19 said that he just heard on WGR that McKelvin and Spiller traded numbers.

Which brings up a very interesting point (at least to me).

The players and teams are supposed to have zero interaction during the lockout.

That said, how did the team know that the players had planned on swapping numbers?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In the other thread, the user called Pebble19 said that he just heard on WGR that McKelvin and Spiller traded numbers.

Well then. That answers my inquisition. Thanks.

Just great, now I have to make another Spiller jersey purchase. I hope this wasn't just a marketing ploy by the Bills to sell more uni's. :wallbash:

Which brings up a very interesting point (at least to me).

The players and teams are supposed to have zero interaction during the lockout.

That said, how did the team know that the players had planned on swapping numbers?

Interesting :thumbsup: