Jasper photo

so i live in Mt. juliet, tn.. home of Michael Jasper (who i shall.. heretofore refer to as Mt. Jasper... feel free to join in)

took my daughter to lowes and walmart today... looking especially grungy and hillbillian in my cut-off bills training camp shirt from circa de 1955. whilst seated at the mcdonalds counter inside the walmart, i look out to the register and there's a massive human being checking out. i asked the guy with him... "is that michael jasper?".. "uh huh" he said. this guy says something to michael and michael looks over at me and i point to my shirt... "go bills!"... "heeeey, man!".. "i gotta go say hi to this guy!" he says. so he walks over to me and i tell him i'm looking forward to him retiring tom brady this year and he laughed.. "thanks man" he says. "what's your little girls name?" "ronni" is say.. "oh hey ronni" he says... (my daughter then pulls out her barbie camera that's been sitting on the counter.."say cheese!" she says. michael laughs. i asked him for a photo and he says "sure". snap. we exchange pleasantries and we move on.

really nice guy. i didn't ask him to come say hi to me, it was all on him. very cool. even more excited to watch his progress now..... assuming there's a season. thought i'd share. enjoy.

oh, and i really liked how he made this 6'3" 255 lb guy look like a 'lil fella.

http://cl.ly/1c0c1U2E2X1B303g132n

:thumbsup::worthy: Great story ... would love for your daughter to remember how she met a Bills' superstar one day at Wal-Mart ... but his attitude towards you two is one that hopefully will never be tainted.

I still want to see what he can do on the field .... if we ever have a season.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i live in Mt. juliet, tn.. home of Michael Jasper (who i shall.. heretofore refer to as Mt. Jasper... feel free to join in)

took my daughter to lowes and walmart today... looking especially grungy and hillbillian in my cut-off bills training camp shirt from circa de 1955. whilst seated at the mcdonalds counter inside the walmart, i look out to the register and there's a massive human being checking out. i asked the guy with him... "is that michael jasper?".. "uh huh" he said. this guy says something to michael and michael looks over at me and i point to my shirt... "go bills!"... "heeeey, man!".. "i gotta go say hi to this guy!" he says. so he walks over to me and i tell him i'm looking forward to him retiring tom brady this year and he laughed.. "thanks man" he says. "what's your little girls name?" "ronni" is say.. "oh hey ronni" he says... (my daughter then pulls out her barbie camera that's been sitting on the counter.."say cheese!" she says. michael laughs. i asked him for a photo and he says "sure". snap. we exchange pleasantries and we move on.

really nice guy. i didn't ask him to come say hi to me, it was all on him. very cool. even more excited to watch his progress now..... assuming there's a season. thought i'd share. enjoy.

:beer: for Michael Jasper...................a lite beer of course!

He will be very popular at training camp. If he treats the fans there anything at like he did you, he will be even more popular. Part of it is his freakish size, part of it is his underdog story, part of it is his attitude. Mostly though, it's the thought that he could be a Roy Hobbs story. A guy from off the map, nowhere that may be a freakish athlete, naturally gifted to dominate.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

Great story… thanks for sharing and I'm glad you and your girl got to meet him.

It's hard to say from the shot because it's an upper body pic but he looks fairly svelte for a big guy. I'm not seeing where he has a huge gut anymore… it looks a bit flattened out.

Agreed. Ted Washington often played at 350 pounds or more, and he was an excellent NT! I'd rather have an NT who was 10 or 20 pounds too heavy than one who was 10 - 20 pounds too light. Based on the picture, Jasper's body fat ratio seems quite reasonable for an NT. In a perfect world, your NT would be 400+ pounds of pure muscle. Jasper looks fairly close to being that! :thumbsup: If I was on the Bills staff, I'd have no objection to him remaining at his current weight.

Very Cool !! I think this guy is going to be a huge part of the Bills D for years to come , from all the things i've read on or about the guy he seems to be a natural at the NT position .

My personal thought is & i will officially go on record saying this guy will be our next Ted Washington . Natural size , strength , athletic , with great feet & a guy that has something to prove what more can you ask for ? Sounds like a Bills player to me !!

:worthy:0:)

Awesome pic. Kudos to you for spending time with your kid like that. I heard this saying and it is true. (now that I'm around the looking back stage) "when you look back in life you will never say, boy i wish I worked more doubles, but we will all say I wish I spent more time with my kids when they were young" My oldest graduates high school this year. Where did the years go???

Cool, Go Bills De--Fence

Thanks for posting the story & the pic. And I agree with everyone, your little girl is very cute! Is she a Bills fan as well? Both of my kids are Bills fans as well, and watch the games with me.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Nice, post.

This guy definitely meets all of the size requirements, and I second the guy who said he would rather have a guy a little too heavy than a guy a little to lite at that position.

Lets hope he can actually transition into an NFL NT and put all that weight to good use...

BTW, thats Jasper in my picture at OG. That RB has to feel pretty safe...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Thanks for posting the story & the pic. And I agree with everyone, your little girl is very cute! Is she a Bills fan as well? Both of my kids are Bills fans as well, and watch the games with me.

Thanks for the nice comments, all! Yeah my daughter is something else... she's only 3 1/2 and doesn't quite do football... yet. But every Sunday my wife puts her in her Jills cheerleader outfit (pom poms and all) and she cheers me on during the wing-making process.... (I've never seen a 3 1/2 y.o. devour bleu cheese like she does!) but then she usually peters out about 4.33 seconds into the game, but I'm working on it!

Great story! Always neat to run into a player and even better when you can share that experience with your kid. Here's to hoping that you met a future HOF'er with a great story.