PFT talking LA relocation and the Bills not mentioned

Per Pro football talk,

The momentum train received a hot salsa enema on Thursday night, when AEG president Tim Leiweke said that his boss, Philip Anschutz, is prepared to purchase majority interest in a team — and that AEG has spoken to five franchises about this possibility.

According to the Orange County Register (via SportsBusiness Daily), the teams are the Vikings, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, and Jaguars.

“St. Louis, Jacksonville, not extensively, certainly Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota are still in the mix,” Leiweke said. “We’re not packing any [moving] vans right now.”

Nice to see the Bills not mentioned.

Per Pro football talk,

The momentum train received a hot salsa enema on Thursday night, when AEG president Tim Leiweke said that his boss, Philip Anschutz, is prepared to purchase majority interest in a team — and that AEG has spoken to five franchises about this possibility.

According to the Orange County Register (via SportsBusiness Daily), the teams are the Vikings, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, and Jaguars.

“St. Louis, Jacksonville, not extensively, certainly Oakland, San Diego, Minnesota are still in the mix,” Leiweke said. “We’re not packing any [moving] vans right now.”

Nice to see the Bills not mentioned.

If memory serves me right, the people of Minnesota just obligated themselves to build a palace for millionaires, which should keep the Vikings where they belong for the near future.

I agree that it is a really good thing to not see our Bills in the top group of teams to move but if one of those teams move wouldn't someone be screaming for a team to move into their empty stadium?

The ONLY reason that the Bills were not mentioned in that article is because AIG was contacting teams now about a sale now. The Bills are not for sale at all now because of Ralph. I'm sure they contacted the Bills and were told the Bills are not for sale. That is why they are not a candidate now. Nothing has changed in that regard.

That said, I don't expect the Bills to relocate at all after Ralph passes, to LA or Toronto or anywhere else.

If memory serves me right, the people of Minnesota just obligated themselves to build a palace for millionaires, which should keep the Vikings where they belong for the near future.

On June 6th it was reported the palace will be scuttled if the Minnesota Legislature fails to approve the deal to build the venue by July 1!

Meaning...Vikings are still in play IF the legislature does'nt approve!

Their lack of pursuit tells me that they are certain that a plan is already in place for transitioning possesion of the Bills to someone else.

EDIT: Or what Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog said...

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Their lack of pursuit tells me that they are certain that a plan is already in place for transitioning possesion of the Bills to someone else.

EDIT: Or what Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog said...

Agreed, something has to be in the works, hope its what we expect it to be

Agreed, something has to be in the works, hope its what we expect it to be

It could be a number of different reasons. I think the fact that the Bills are not openly for sale would be a huge factor. If you were putting together a stadium to bring in a NFL team, why waste your time with the mess involved in obtaining the Bills when you can go grab a team that is actually "on the market."

I would like to think there is a plan in place for the Bills in Buffalo. I would think that redesigning the uniform and moving the games in Toronto and things of that nature hints and them staying. No reason to put that work in if the team is going to move. Then again, what better way to make a last few bucks than by selling new jersey's lol. At the end of the day, we won't know what the hell is going to happen until it does. I used to wish for a Bills super bowl win before I died, now I am just hoping to make the playoffs before they leave :cry:

Which they aren't expected to.

Exactly, AEG meet with the Vikings if people recall about building this stadium complex AFTER the proposal...reports and anylsts speculated that it was a meeting of the minds due to AEG's success of the surroundings around the Staples Center.

Did AEG offer the Vikings a bid with knowledge the Minnesota Legislature will botch this?

They could have--who knows!?

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Which they aren't expected to.

anytime i hear buffalo not in any mix for potentially moving, i am a happy guy. however, i do feel a certain amount of sympathy for minnesota. they have a loyal fan base and really should not lose their team. the rest of the cities mentioned, have no problem. jacksonville is obvious and it would be appropriate and just, if they moved.

On June 6th it was reported the palace will be scuttled if the Minnesota Legislature fails to approve the deal to build the venue by July 1!

Meaning...Vikings are still in play IF the legislature does'nt approve!

:thumbsup: Thanks I missed that ... just read a couple more stories that cast doubt as to whether the voters are willing to prop up the millionaires and billionaires associated with a football team.

Quit moving teams.

LA has failed with 2 franchises in the past. Toronto can't fill the stadium for ONE game a year.

If these cities absolutely HAVE to get an NFL team - expand.

The ONLY reason that the Bills were not mentioned in that article is because AIG was contacting teams now about a sale now. The Bills are not for sale at all now because of Ralph. I'm sure they contacted the Bills and were told the Bills are not for sale. That is why they are not a candidate now. Nothing has changed in that regard.

None of the other teams mentioned look to be for sale either. The Bills weren't mentioned because they are happy where they are. Not so of the other teams mentioned.

That said, I don't expect the Bills to relocate at all after Ralph passes, to LA or Toronto or anywhere else.

I agree.

LA would be easier for me to go to games but I don't know if I like the idea of them having a team.... Of all the teams mentioned I think jax is the way to go...

Exactly, Jax fanbase blows so they don't deserve a team, oh wait LAs fanbase sucks too so they don't deserve a team either. They've tried a hundred times to get a team in there and the locals were like that would be cool but we have a million other things to do, so whatever.

As far as Minnesota goes it would be a travesty to not have team there as they have been there a long time and have great fans.