Jeff Conaway RIP

Buftex

Can't say I was a huge fan of all his work or anything, but "Taxi" is one of my all-time favorite shows...and he was funny as the struggling actor..

http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/27/jeff-conaway-dead/?ncid=webmail

One of the funniest bits ever...remember my dad almost choked on a piece of pizza when we were watching this...Bobby trying to help Jim cheat on his driving test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6FmbMiIxws&feature=related

Edited by Buftex

I don't know a lot about the guy other than the clips I've seen here and there about his work with Dr Drew and his multiple rehab admissions. Seems like the guy had one hell of a demon that he just couldn't overcome...RIP man

Can't say I was a huge fan of all his work or anything, but "Taxi" is one of my all-time favorite shows...and he was funny as the struggling actor..

http://www.popeater.com/2011/05/27/jeff-conaway-dead/?ncid=webmail

One of the funniest bits ever...remember my dad almost choked on a piece of pizza when we were watching this...Bobby trying to help Jim cheat on his driving test:

youtube.com/watch?v=j6FmbMiIxws&feature=related

I remember watching that when I was a kid, I had dinner at my parents house tonight and my mom brought this topic up and asked if I remembered this exact scene? Which I def did and we shared a good laugh over it. Good memories R.I.P.

every time some odd celeb dies howard stern is on vacation...and I hope Conway understood that he got what was coming his way - unfortunately - in his sad addicted world.

Got it.

Not sure why anyone gives a **** about this guy more than they would any other average person. He was just a actor. Have the same respect for my plumber. I would probably feel worse if he died.

Not sure why anyone gives a **** about this guy more than they would any other average person. He was just a actor. Have the same respect for my plumber. I would probably feel worse if he died.

I guess it is because he is somebody we are familiar with...like I said, "Taxi" was one of the really great sitcoms of it's time (still holds up damn well)...to look at it your way, why would we care when anybody dies? Or don't you?

Edited by Buftex

because we are a nation of star f***ers...i feel sympathy for people that die unfortunate deaths, I also have sympathy for people that cannot shake these types of demons, but this guy is way less important in my world than the girl that rings up my coffee at wawa every morning.

because we are a nation of star f***ers...i feel sympathy for people that die unfortunate deaths, I also have sympathy for people that cannot shake these types of demons, but this guy is way less important in my world than the girl that rings up my coffee at wawa every morning.

Okay...we got it...you would think from the clever title of the thread, you and Dante would have not even cared so much, to open the thread, and let everyone know you don't care...when did TSW start becoming such a miserable place?

We are a community of Bills fans, it's always been a miserable place. And replying to threads positively or negatively isn't always a barometer of level of caring. Alot of times people respond to get a point across. I'd rather see 100's of "rip" threads for our families, friends and neighbors than for individuals that did nothing to prevent their demise, and yeah I know he had a serious addiction.

Okay...we got it...you would think from the clever title of the thread, you and Dante would have not even cared so much, to open the thread, and let everyone know you don't care...when did TSW start becoming such a miserable place?

We are a community of Bills fans, it's always been a miserable place. And replying to threads positively or negatively isn't always a barometer of level of caring. Alot of times people respond to get a point across. I'd rather see 100's of "rip" threads for our families, friends and neighbors than for individuals that did nothing to prevent their demise, and yeah I know he had a serious addiction.

What, so when a friend or family member of ours kills his/herself, whether directly through suicide or indirectly through addictions they can't seem to shake, you can chime in and say how unimportant they were to you (because, let's be honest here, a friend of mine you've never met is not going to be any more or less important to you than some Hollywood druggie)? No thanks.

Piss off.