Jeff Conaway RIP

Buftex

Nope, not my point at all. Piggyback my reply with my previous one where I said we were a nation of star f***ers. I was merely making a comment about how we fall all over ourselves when a "celebrity" dies(especially in this manner). I completely understand we are fans of the rich and famous and it's a way for us to show appreciation for the joy they brought us. This is one instance where I see no redeeming value in paying tribute. Sorry to offend, I will be a good boy and not express my feelings, but simply go along with the masses.

And to your point about your friends being unimportant..that can't be further from the truth. As I stated to Buftex in my reply, we are a Community of Bills fan, and by that association, any friend or family member of yours absolutely means more to me than any 'celebrity' figure.

What, so when a friend or family member of ours kills his/herself, whether directly through suicide or indirectly through addictions they can't seem to shake, you can chime in and say how unimportant they were to you (because, let's be honest here, a friend of mine you've never met is not going to be any more or less important to you than some Hollywood druggie)? No thanks.

Piss off.

Edited by The Poojer

Nope, not my point at all. Piggyback my reply with my previous one where I said we were a nation of star f***ers. I was merely making a comment about how we fall all over ourselves when a "celebrity" dies(especially in this manner). I completely understand we are fans of the rich and famous and it's a way for us to show appreciation for the joy they brought us. This is one instance where I see no redeeming value in paying tribute. Sorry to offend, I will be a good boy and not express my feelings, but simply go along with the masses.

And to your point about your friends being unimportant..that can't be further from the truth. As I stated to Buftex in my reply, we are a Community of Bills fan, and by that association, any friend or family member of yours absolutely means more to me than any 'celebrity' figure.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Now you are the arbiter of the value of someone's life? If it has no value to you, it shouldn't have value to anyone else?

Again, if you don't give a !@#$, then really don't give a !@#$.

Edited by Buftex

Who's falling all over themselves? You and Dante seem to have this delusion that everyone who posted in this thread aside from you two are completely worked up over this guy dying, when in reality every post in this thread before Dante's first were about his work or his addiction. There's no evidence of real grief whatsoever, but you want to extrapolate from appreciation for his work that Buftex, AJ, etc. are crying over this guy. Express your feelings all you want, but (1) do it in a matter that is relevant and (2) don't try to pretend that you know the objective importance of one life over another.

Edited by LeviF91

Who's falling all over themselves? You and Dante seem to have this delusion that everyone who posted in this thread aside from you two are completely worked up over this guy dying, when in reality every post in this thread before Dante's first were about his work or his addiction. There's no evidence of real grief whatsoever, but you want to extrapolate from appreciation for his work that Buftex, AJ, etc. are crying over this guy. Express your feelings all you want, but (1) do it in a matter that is relevant and (2) don't try to pretend that you know the objective importance of one life over another.

Then same people get their dander up when others do the same exact thing in the American Idol threads... :wallbash:

Fair enough, I will refrain from posting in topics where I shouldn't.

I am surprised I am catching flack on my reply on this topic, I thought I would get crucified on my comment in the the thread about the homeless guy that donated his beggings to asomeone else.

Oh well...

Idol sucks!

Then same people get their dander up when others do the same exact thing in the American Idol threads... :wallbash: