Hairston's Tweet

I'm breaking for lunch. My next workout will resemble that of my teams 3 a day workout schedule. I want to make sure that I'm in trim, fit, and ready for camp when it comes. My year is going to go so well that I'm going to deserve a raise. With some of that new money, I'm going to be able to buy a similar vehicle to Jarvis Jenkins.

I'm breaking for lunch. My next workout will resemble that of my teams 3 a day workout schedule. I want to make sure that I'm in trim, fit, and ready for camp when it comes. My year is going to go so well that I'm going to deserve a raise. With some of that new money, I'm going to be able to buy a similar vehicle to Jarvis Jenkins.

Thanks.

Hilarious how you phrased that. How nice is Jenkins car though? I wonder

:w00t: I think you had it... until the car part, that is.

Jenkins was his teammate at Clemson, and is a d-lineman drafted by Washington... I think he's bustin his balls that he's going to whip him come game time (probably a reference to the Bills-Skins Toronto game).

Edited by transient

Urban Dictionary...

1. Whip

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

:w00t: I think you had it... until the car part, that is.

Jenkins was his teammate at Clemson, and is a d-lineman drafted by Washington... I think he's bustin his balls that he's going to whip him come game time (probably a reference to the Bills-Skins Toronto game).

Ya... no.

He definitely is saying he'd like a vehicle like Jenkins has.... Ebonix, much like O'Doyle, rules.

Ya... no.

He definitely is saying he'd like a vehicle like Jenkins has.... Ebonix, much like O'Doyle, rules.

Not disputing the urban meaning of whip, just that it's not obviously in the context of the tweet. Could be two different trains of thought run together, I suppose, otherwise it'd be odd to assume Hairston was working out to get a raise on an as yet to be negotiated contract in order to compete salary-wise with a former teammate with a likewise yet to be negotiated contract (though I suppose the difference between a 2nd and 4th rounder would be substantial). I'd personally rather believe he wants to kick his former teammate's ass for bragging rights. :D

Urban Dictionary...

1. Whip

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the "whip". The whip is what you used to control the horses on a stagecoach, hence the analogy. Many years later, various hip hop artists noticed that the Mercedes-Benz logo resembled a steering wheel. They then proceeded to use the old term "whip" to describe any Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The term has now been generalized to classify any expensive automobile.

Ha! I just looked this up in the Urban Dictionary, mate! You beat me to it.

whip

Edited by Dennis in AZ

Not disputing the urban meaning of whip, just that it's not obviously in the context of the tweet. Could be two different trains of thought run together, I suppose, otherwise it'd be odd to assume Hairston was working out to get a raise on an as yet to be negotiated contract in order to compete salary-wise with a former teammate with a likewise yet to be negotiated contract (though I suppose the difference between a 2nd and 4th rounder would be substantial). I'd personally rather believe he wants to kick his former teammate's ass for bragging rights. :D

No man, it's definitely a car being mentioned. Jenkins might have had a cool car in college, or got an advance from his agent and bought a car already. If this is the case, he's a moron and Hairston shouldn't aspire to be like him because modeling your spending habits after a guy who buys a car during a lockout w/o a signed contract is shady money management.