Breaking out CJ

Front office is not as convinced as you. They took another Rb.

Really? You think a draft pick on day 3 of the draft was taken because they are not sold on spiller and think this kid could challenge or replace last years #9 overall pick rather than the more obvious logic of taking him for depth since we only have 2 RB's?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? You think a draft pick on day 3 of the draft was taken because they are not sold on spiller and think this kid could challenge or replace last years #9 overall pick rather than the more obvious logic of taking him for depth since we only have 2 RB's?

Why does it matter when they were drafted? So the Patriots should've stuck with Bledsoe over Brady because he was a much higher draft pick?

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

If Johnny comes in and blows up, then its his position to lose. The better man will play regardless of when they were drafted.

Why does it matter when they were drafted? So the Patriots should've stuck with Bledsoe over Brady because he was a much higher draft pick?

If Johnny comes in and blows up, then its his position to lose. The better man will play regardless of when they were drafted.

I guarantee you there is nothing Johnny White can do in training camp to unseat Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller as the Bills' primary backs going into this season. Fred is a proven commodity and CJ is a rare talent. JW is going to have to show he can excel at ST (something he already did at UNC) and serve as a situational back for at least his first season in Buffalo. What happens down the road is anyone's guess.

I guarantee you there is nothing Johnny White can do in training camp to unseat Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller as the Bills' primary backs going into this season. Fred is a proven commodity and CJ is a rare talent. JW is going to have to show he can excel at ST (something he already did at UNC) and serve as a situational back for at least his first season in Buffalo. What happens down the road is anyone's guess.

Wasn't he a gunner on kick offs?

He was saying the reason we took him was for depth purposes. If he comes in and shows he's better then CJ and Fred, I'm sure he will get some burn. But the reason he was drafted is because nix feels every team needs 3 good rbs. Chan has showed that it doesn't matter where someone was drafted, he will play the best players. That being said, do you think White will challenge Fred and CJ? I could see him filling in for injuries and getting spot carries here and there, but eventually may be able to be a feature back when Fred slows down.

I think it's more about the fact that when he is on the feild everyone and their mother knows he is getting the ball.

CJ's prob is that he can't pass block for the life of him... He needs little more size.

What they need to do is strap CJ down ala robot chicken and force him to watch film of Thurman thomas and Emmitt smith pass blocking...he is the same size as they were and those two lit up people that got in the backfield...no reason he can't be taught to do the same.

I never said anything about unseating Freddie. Freds by far our best offensive weapon. CJ? I'm sure Johnny can do what Spiller did last year. Since 3.8 ypc is so difficult and all. :lol:

He was saying the reason we took him was for depth purposes. If he comes in and shows he's better then CJ and Fred, I'm sure he will get some burn. But the reason he was drafted is because nix feels every team needs 3 good rbs. Chan has showed that it doesn't matter where someone was drafted, he will play the best players. That being said, do you think White will challenge Fred and CJ? I could see him filling in for injuries and getting spot carries here and there, but eventually may be able to be a feature back when Fred slows down.

He was TOTALLY brought in for depth. I'm not going to argue with that. But to bring in the point of when he was drafted compared to Spiller is completely irrelevant. So whats the point of even saying such things?

I never said anything about unseating Freddie. Freds by far our best offensive weapon. CJ? I'm sure Johnny can do what Spiller did last year. Since 3.8 ypc is so difficult and all. :lol:

OK, now I see what we're dealing with here. I'll just not respond to your posts and let you go on in lala land.

He needs to learn to hit the holes and run the freakin ball. Fred Jackson has no problems running without a H Back so why does Spiller need that treatment? No more excuses.

He definitely needs more north and less east-west. He isn't the fastest guy on the field in the En Eff El.

He definitely needs more north and less east-west. He isn't the fastest guy on the field in the En Eff El.

Not in every game, but he sure is sometimes. Especially when the opposing defense has been dealing with Fred for a couple first downs, then CJ comes in fresh

Spiller is 5'11" and a hair under 200 lbs (all of it heart and muscle).

I'm pulling for the kid, but I have my doubts about him being a running back at the NFL level.

But here is to hoping he can somehow manage to pull it off!

Plenty successful RB of his size in the NFL

He needs to learn how to pass block better, not by adding weight, but by misdirection and leverage.

If it's allowed by his contract, I wish he'd spend the off-season studying Aikido

I think with a guy like Spiller, we didn't go too wrong in handling him like we did last year. Coming out of college he was seen as a speed back who could return punts, act as a reciever, and take the pitch to the outside, but there was some doubt as to whether or not he could get the tough yards up the middle. When he actually showed up to camp I thought he was big enough, fit enough, to carry the ball up the middle as well as outside - he just played too fast, was too often looking for home-runs, rather than the 3-4 yard gains.

I think being as accustomed to success as he was in college, and being a proud, hard working, disciplined kid, that he will take it personally how he did last year, and he'll do the film work, he'll do the weight room work, he'll take instruction, and he'll become better at the little things, while still being able to hit the big plays when they're there.

I'll say it again, we didn't draft Spiller for 2010; we drafted him to be around when we put all the pieces together, and that will be next year and the years after, and we should begin to see a more NFL ready back this year. Taking into account his personality, his seriousness, professionalism, and his God-given skills, I think it is inevitable that he'll be one of the better backs in the league for a long time. Letting him acclimate slowly last year will turn out to be a blessing. (not to mention, I think Easley is going to be a monster reciever, and now teams will be less inclined to focus solely on Spiller since he had a slow year last year. We'll have all our recievers to spread things out. If only we get that TE to force teams to worry about over the middle...)

Edited by sllib olaffub

Front office is not as convinced as you. They took another Rb.

I would have too if I only had two healthy H-Backs with one of them getting old.

I'm sure you GET the difference but that's not what was SAID by the OP.

SOOOO. Get a clue. :rolleyes::thumbdown:<_<:wallbash::nana::doh::bag:

So you must be writing in between geometry and shop class. Likely the guy who gets stuffed in lockers and couldn't climb the rope in gym class. Ease your hostility little bro. And BTW, I'm certain you can import a few other emoticons from app store somewhere.

I will to, your post are so ridiculous they're unreadable. You're just that guy that argues in circles and can't admit when you're wrong. I find you incredibly boring.

He's the leader of the tsw trolls. Most have acknowledged this fact and don't take him seriously. TrollReed83 more like it. I considered ignore, but sometimes I enjoy calling him out on his ridiculous posts, just to see how asinine his reply will be. Use him and his posts as a tool for laughter, you might enjoy his bs

Lets see how much of a offensive guru Chan can be with CJ. Freddie is the in between the tackles guy while CJ is more of a scat back. Receiving and finding space for CJ seems like Chan's goal for the off-season.

Also while CJ Spiller is likely the main focus of the off-season I think that Lee Evans and the younger receivers are big players that need to be developed. Lee needs to be a factor alongside Stevie and guys like Nelson have to contribute in some sort of fashion.

Again. He had 1600 plus ALL PURPOSE yds last year so I don't know why people are ecstatic about 1500 yds as if that would be accomplishment. People have such low standards of our team/players its getting ridiculous. People would be happy with an 8-8 record? People would be happy with CJ getting LESS yards than he had last year?

GET A CLUE.

Cmon man. U know the guy meant rushing/receiving. Your teacher always grade you this harshly? Workin out some past issues?

Not in every game, but he sure is sometimes. Especially when the opposing defense has been dealing with Fred for a couple first downs, then CJ comes in fresh

I don't remember CJ outrunning very many defenses last year.