Rashard Mendenhall loses endorsement deal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I loved your whole post, especially that line. However, I'll give billsintaiwan the benefit of the doubt and assume his 'sheep' comment was in reference to the reaction over the OBL portion of Mendenhall's statement (that is, questioning the appropriateness of the public jubilation over bin Ladin's death and the accompanying media jerk-off) rather than the WTC conspiracy part of the statement, which as you suggest could only be borne out of sheer stupidity.

I agree that it's appropriate to question rejoicing over death. I'm also happy the body was treated quietly and respectfully, to provide little focus and fodder to the inevitable martyrdom campaign

Fodder not withstanding, whatever was meant, it's time to say BAAAAAAAA humbug! and put the sheep to rest.

Glad it amused someone and Go BILLS!

Dude, you can't like actually KNOW somebody until you've like, sat down and had a conversation with them or maybe shared some mary jane, or like took their shoes in the night and walked in them for a while. Cause until you've done that man, its just like your perception or whatever and you're just like, buying in to what the government, and the corporations, and what your parents...want you to do with your life, and I was all like NO, I'm not getting a job so just back OFF!

Is that you Eric Cartman?

Do they still have Champion outlet stores in WNY? I remember as a kid the annual trip to the Champion outlet to spend what seemed like hours going through bin after bin of seconds and obscure school T-shirts to pick out my 'wardrobe' for the coming year :P

We went there all the time…Transitown Plaza…99 cent bins of surplus and sometimes defective athletic wear and T-shirts.

Mostly cotton stuff…nothing made of wool.

Doubt it's still around but I don't know.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Dude, you can't like actually KNOW somebody until you've like, sat down and had a conversation with them or maybe shared some mary jane, or like took their shoes in the night and walked in them for a while. Cause until you've done that man, its just like your perception or whatever and you're just like, buying in to what the government, and the corporations, and what your parents...want you to do with your life, and I was all like NO, I'm not getting a job so just back OFF!

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes

That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes" -source unknown

This man (or boy), is simply ignorance at its highest level. He would surely think different if he had any friends or family in those buildings that were killed senselessly while they innocently tried to earn a living on September 11, 2001. If I was the Steelers organization, I would not want that guy anywhere near my team after those comments. Talk about a public relations nightmare. WOW!

Edited by coseybedaman

i truly believe Mendenhall is an idiot....but i'm gonna head in a different direction......

Champion waited just three days to drop Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall as an endorser after his controversial comments about Osama bin Laden's death created a national stir.

Thursday's move might have served two purposes: to disassociate the athletic apparel manufacturer from a controversy while trying to attract consumers.

"I'd bet more than 99 percent of sports fans didn't even know that Rashard Mendenhall had a deal with Champion," CNBC sports business reporter Darren Rovell told NFL.com on Friday. "They did a terrible job. So distancing themselves from him in a public way allows them to make a stand and also let people think about their brand.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fb73c7/article/analyst-championmendenhall-divorce-a-multifaceted-move?module=HP_headlines

This guy is a complete ASS He doesn't have a clue !! When he said working in the NFL is equivalent to modern day slavery --- what a joke i didn't know you could make millions in slavery & i believe it's there choice ??? If he can't see what a blessing that is the guy needs to be admitted because reality has escaped him !!!! :blink:

Sooner or later some team will stand up to be counted and drop sh!theads like this. Sooner or later, other teams will not sign sh!theads like this when a team with character drops an asshol-es loose.

Yup, just as soon as he gets old and slow or starts fumbling.

The NFL is a business, not a 'do-the-right-thing' charity.

I WILL NEVER WEAR CHAMPIONS GARBAGE IF I EVER HAVE THE CHANCE IN MY LIFE. For one man to state his opinions, that I believe in by the way, and lose an endorsement is very childish and harsh to do to somebody using their rights. I feel ashamed sometimes to be an American.

I also 'truly believe' that half of you guys on this thread are idiots. Have/Find some ethical manors, then get your facts straight about 9/11. Do some research. Or you know, you can always blindly follow people that you have never met in your life. People that are "suppose to do the right things" that you have no clue about.

I WILL NEVER WEAR CHAMPIONS GARBAGE IF I EVER HAVE THE CHANCE IN MY LIFE. For one man to state his opinions, that I believe in by the way, and lose an endorsement is very childish and harsh to do to somebody using their rights. I feel ashamed sometimes to be an American.

I also 'truly believe' that half of you guys on this thread are idiots. Have/Find some ethical manors, then get your facts straight about 9/11. Do some research. Or you know, you can always blindly follow people that you have never met in your life. People that are "suppose to do the right things" that you have no clue about.

People can be fired for a lot less than what Mendenhall said there kiddo. Champion has every right to do this whether you agree with it or not. You can not wear their gear and boycott it, that's your right. I encourage you to exercise it.

I won't touch the 9/11 stuff here. That's for the politics board. But I think everyone knows my belief by now.

i seriously suggest that the moderators move these sorts of threads to another forum. yes, it is a story about a football player. however it is primarily about politics and such.

i post on the stadium wall because it is not supposed to be about politics here. while i love shooting the breeze about football with most people on this board, i also detest the politics of just about everyone on this board. can't stand the 'thank you troops' stuff or jingoist rhetoric.

i realize i am in the minority, but there are different forums for a reason. i promise i won't ever go to the politics board and harangue people for their misguided beliefs. so pretty please with sugar on top, move threads such as this to another forum.

First of all, "using your rights" and "keeping your endorsement and/or job" are not in the least bit mutually linked. Would you support a white broadcaster keeping his job who twitted the "N" word? How about endorsing sex with sheep?

I truly feel sorry for people like you who think 911 was a conspiracy. What is so amazing is that you all feel that Bush was the biggest idiot to walk the planet, yet could somehow be that AND be able to pull off the biggest conspiracy in history of flying two jumbo jets into the World Trade Center Buildings and killing thousands of Americans. Oh, and that wasn't enough for the Evil Bush, he had another jet that went into the Pentagon and one that was supposed to go into the Capital. Yeah, the World Trade Center being reduced to rubble simply wasn't enough for this maniacal bastard George W. Bush.

Yo dude, if you were smart and just listen to Bush speak for just five minutes. You'd come to the realization that the guy is not the evil mastermind of all time that you dolts believe him to be. Seriously, we sane people laugh at you guys. If I were the owner of the Steelers, he'd be off the team as soon as I was allowed to do business again.

Welcome to the real world. While you may have the right to free speech under the Constitution, that doesn't mean that you're free of consequences for every idiotic thing you might happen to say. They have every right to terminate their endorsement deal with Mendenhall for his statements if, for instance, they feel his statement brings embarrassment to their company and could potentially hurt their business.

what should he lose "true blooded American"? the guy lost some bucks because he opened his mouth and said something the sheep don't compute. what else should he lose? can you give an answer that i wouldn't get from a mafia thug? probably not.

Hopefully he loses his job and his source of income, then maybe he won't be able to afford a computer and internet to have a Twitter account. What are you a fan of terrorists or just anti-american. I bet you might have a different opinion if one of your family members were in the WTC or the Pentagon. What a loser.

Edited by billsfreak

Hopefully he loses his job and his source of income, then maybe he won't be able to afford a computer and internet to have a Twitter account. What are you a fan of terrorists or just anti-american. I bet you might have a different opinion if one of your family members were in the WTC or the Pentagon. What a loser.

this is the sort of highly intelligent response that belongs in a different forum.

but all right. i suppose there is no need to bother reading the childish team america comments that are to follow. should have known better than to respond in the first place.

so fire away with your "you hate america", "you are a terrorist lover" drivel and rub each other. do an imaginary high five. it's just a shame you have to pollute the football forum with this childish nonsense.

this is the sort of highly intelligent response that belongs in a different forum.

but all right. i suppose there is no need to bother reading the childish team america comments that are to follow. should have known better than to respond in the first place.

so fire away with your "you hate america", "you are a terrorist lover" drivel and rub each other. do an imaginary high five. it's just a shame you have to pollute the football forum with this childish nonsense.

If only there were more people with "adult" thoughts like your hating on Americans who thank our troops.

Congratulations, you might have just topped Mendenhall on the stupidity meter with that comment.

Please do us all a favor and move to Iran, where then maybe you could begin to generate an appreciation for the American troops.