Round 7 (Pick 245): DT Michael Jasper - Bethel (TN)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd be a nice Refrigerator Perry or even the OG on 4th and goal.

Excellent calf definition. http://www.lesliemikejaspernfl.com/pictures/image6.jpg

Agreed, I caught that in the workout video, and you can see tricep definition in that pic as well. That means the dude isnt just a fat slob. He's naturally HUGE. It also means his body has a greater chance of holding up. Especially if he's still dropping weight.

The only reason why he wasn't drafted by other teams is because nobody knew about him. I believe our scouting dept did an excellent job digging him up. Between bouncing around multiple small schools, he kind of got lost in the cracks, if that is possible! One can't be of that size and agility and not be able to play. Forget Bowers, I think that we got the steal of the draft.

Hens certInly a very interesting pick but the odds are very much against him. Time will tell if he makes it even as a role player, if this is what he develops into, the Bills get a possible steal with this pick. It seems every year the Bills do a nice job of finding players in the late rounds or in the ranks of udfas. Lets hope this guy is among that string of successes.

While I agree at this point it's a long shot, just like with every draft pick, I would also say that if there is any position that has a better chance of succeeding it would be NT.

The size, strength, and athleticism that Jasper has is a huge part of the position. There's almost no doubt that he can collapse the pocket, the #1 job of a NT. If he can show or learn leverage, tackling fundamentals, and run recognition, he could be great, but he's got a big head start toward at least being a solid NT that frees up space for the other linemen and LB's to do their job.

Know McKenzie well... that workout vid was shot in my hometown! I'm all on board this pick!! I hope he's starting this fall.

(I'm sure he won't be, I'm not delirious. But I definitely hope the best for him and hope that includes a long productive career in Buffalo!)

It takes more than massive bulk and strength to be a professional football player. If his desire and motor are anywhere close to his freakish physical skills, the Bills might have something. Mike Williams was big and Leif Larson was powerful. Feel me?

I'd love to see us use him as a (now-mini, 2-person) wedge-buster on kickoffs like we did with Jason Peters in the begining. Now that was fun to watch!

They could do away with the 2-man wedge, and put all 10 blockers in the wedge. We'd send Jasper. In another venue, this is known as "bowling". :ph34r:

The Peters reference is perfect. Even if he has no 3-down techniques, they can coach him for goal-line and blocking kicks while he learns to play a real position. Screw this John Wendling hop over the line like the Easter Bunny. Let Jasper bust a gap with strength, or just mash that line a couple yards backwards, and then jump for the block with that absurd vertical. He's bound to get one of those hams in the way just on law of averages.

If he does nothing else as a rookie, would two blocked kicks be worth a roster spot? I say yes. Those are huge, game-changing plays and not everyone can make them. After we lucked out on waiving Peters to the PS and bringing him back and turning him into an impact 'teamer and then a (questionable) Pro-Bowler at tackle, I don't think the NFL as a whole will let us get away with it again.

As far as nicknames go I've heard "Eclipse", "Jasper The Giant", "Mount Jasper", etc... but I kinda like "Shrek" :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Ralonzo

It takes more than massive bulk and strength to be a professional football player. If his desire and motor are anywhere close to his freakish physical skills, the Bills might have something. Mike Williams was big and Leif Larson was powerful. Feel me?

We feel you. The problem with that statement is one without the other means nothing. A guy that is both big and powerful, with a significant amount of athleticism is known as "Special". I love this draft, the new decision makers and Michael Jaspers potential. Feel me?

We feel you. The problem with that statement is one without the other means nothing. A guy that is both big and powerful, with a significant amount of athleticism is known as "Special". I love this draft, the new decision makers and Michael Jaspers potential. Feel me?

Someone described it as "planet theory," as in there's only a handful of humans on the planet that have Jasper's physical attributes. Now the coaching begins.

What??? Why take a Guard? Bills are horrible!

lol topic got updated. :)

The Bills will play him on the Nose for the D. He was asked by his coach at Bethel to help them at that position because they were down players at that spot or just not enough tallent. I have to give him credit for getting in there and moving freaking well for a guy at 380+. which is what he played at. He weighed in at 448 in January. JFYI. He's not a guard. Go Bills!! :beer:

Someone described it as "planet theory," as in there's only a handful of humans on the planet that have Jasper's physical attributes. Now the coaching begins.

That would be Bill Parcells and his "Planet Theory." Last time I heard that, it was in reference to Haloti Ngata.