If I were Ryan Mallett this is how I would feel.

I'd give all my critics my two cents from my "ten cent head".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K7CNzFhnCE

I guess that I have to do this post in two parts because of too many media files.

Forget about his foot speed, that arm of his is special. I hope that the Bills take this kid tonight and let him sit behind Fitzpatrick until he's ready to start torching some defenses.

I can't wait to see what we do with the #34th pick tonight!

Edited by Tipster19

+1

All I can think of right now is when Buddy Nix took over for the Bills at his presser he said ( we need a big strong Qb that can throw threw those winds ). I'm just saying it sounds like Mallett or Kaeps...

If we don't take a QB then we need to take a hard look at Brooks Reed or Bowers...

It feels like christmas. Fellas let's keep opening these gifts

Why is everyone saying the guy is a statue.

looks to me like he can move around.

Didn't he throw a lot of picks late in the year?

Not necessarily a big deal, as I remember a remember a fellow named Dan Marino throwing a lot

of picks his senior year. That worked out pretty well.

This is what Vic Carucci wrote earlier today:

"Mallett buzz intensifying this AM. Maybe someone moves to 33 to get him. Hard to see the Bills avoiding him at 34."

Guess we'll just have to wait and see

http://twitter.com/#!/viccarucci

Very interesting. Carucci last worked for the Buffalo News some time ago although I hear he still lives in WNY. He's a former President of the Football Writers of America.

He MAY have some insight but I wonder if Vic has any real sources within the Bills at this time.

I'd rather see the best Linebacker here, but I think I'd be OK with Mallet ... I heard one of the talking heads say yesterday, that a scout said, when he's drafted, he'll have the strongest arm in the NFL. A strong arm is an asset at Orchard Park in Nov-Dec.

Why is everyone saying the guy is a statue.

looks to me like he can move around.

Didn't he throw a lot of picks late in the year?

Not necessarily a big deal, as I remember a remember a fellow named Dan Marino throwing a lot

of picks his senior year. That worked out pretty well.

They say he is a statue because they know nothing about him other than he is tall and ran a slow 40 time and they know nothing about what being mobile as a QB really is. You dont have to have a fast 40 time to be a mobile QB. There is a vast difference between a scrambling QB who is a run threat and a pocket mobile QB. Most people will tell you two of the most mobile QB's in the NFL are Manning and Brady and they are the two slowest. Its there ability to move and slide in the pocket and roll out when necessary that make them mobile and that has nothing to do with 40 times.

This kid is plenty mobile on that level, and thats the kind of mobility you want from a pure pocket passer anyway.

PS: The last 2 throws on that clip should shut anyone up who calls him a statue...

Edited by Alphadawg7

They say he is a statue because they know nothing about him other than he is tall and ran a slow 40 time and they know nothing about what being mobile as a QB really is. You dont have to have a fast 40 time to be a mobile QB. There is a vast difference between a scrambling QB who is a run threat and a pocket mobile QB. Most people will tell you two of the most mobile QB's in the NFL are Manning and Brady and they are the two slowest. Its there ability to move and slide in the pocket and roll out when necessary that make them mobile and that has nothing to do with 40 times.

This kid is plenty mobile on that level, and thats the kind of mobility you want from a pure pocket passer anyway.

PS: The last 2 throws on that clip should shut anyone up who calls him a statue...

Great post. I personally am praying we draft Mallet tonight! I think he can be something special in the NFL.......

Git r done Buddy!!!!!

Ok, I said this on one other thread, but I will say it one more time. RICKI STANZI played at Iowa, and I saw one game he played in where he started with 4 int's. But, he kept pitching, and finished with 5 TD drives to win the game. VERY Kelly like, IMO. I would say, if avail, at 4th rd say, why not. Iowa rose and fell on his presence, they went in the tank when he was hurt. This is a leader that can chuck it. He was not mentioned much in the run up, but was 4th rated QB in one ranking I saw. He might be a good value play. I alway like players with desire/heart. Can make up for lack of outstanding physical tools. (Jim Leonard comes to mind) I did not like Mallet on TV when I saw him.

I'd be OK with Mallet ... I heard one of the talking heads say yesterday, that a scout said, when he's drafted, he'll have the strongest arm in the NFL.

Mallett doesn't even have the strongest arm in this draft class

As an SEC West school season ticket holder I can tell you with 100% certainty we don't want Ryan Mallet in any way shape or form, he is very overrated, his numbers are blown up the same way Brohm's numbers were (need anyone forget at one point people that Brohm was a number 1 pick in Bobby P's system), and he is one of the biggest jerks you could ever hope to meet, oh ya don't forget the arrest record and the fact people are questioning what drugs he's on.

As an SEC West school season ticket holder I can tell you with 100% certainty we don't want Ryan Mallet in any way shape or form, he is very overrated, his numbers are blown up the same way Brohm's numbers were (need anyone forget at one point people that Brohm was a number 1 pick in Bobby P's system), and he is one of the biggest jerks you could ever hope to meet, oh ya don't forget the arrest record and the fact people are questioning what drugs he's on.

Where were you when I was leading the anti-Mallett crusade on this board a few months ago? lol

Very interesting. Carucci last worked for the Buffalo News some time ago although I hear he still lives in WNY. He's a former President of the Football Writers of America.

He MAY have some insight but I wonder if Vic has any real sources within the Bills at this time.

I do think that Gaughan definitely does have sources.